the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Replies

• The only time I feel like I have "wasted" calories is when I consume a bunch of sugary high-cal alcoholic drinks but don't actually get drunk (my body metabolizes alcohol suuuuper fast). I always end up wishing I had just drunk a beer or two and scarfed down a cheesecake instead of drinking stuff that tastes bad and doesn't have the desired intoxication effect.

As for food... never regretted it, never will. Top points for consumption in single setting go to the pints of ice cream that I occasionally eat when it is 8pm and I have like 1500 calories remaining in my diet (i.e. after 2-a-days)

I totally agree! I feel like it is a total waste of calories for me to drink anything like non-diet soda or alcoholic drinks ... when I could actually eat the calories instead! And I went and looked up the calorie count of a pint of Haagen Dasz (peanut butter chocolate), which before I was eating about 3-4 per week. The calorie count for one pint is high - and 3-4 pints a week??? No wonder I gained 70 pounds. I've been working to lose that and am almost there.

I never want to eat "empty" or unsatisfying calories again. If I'm going to have that ice cream again, it will be planned and made up for like you've done :-)
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    I had the new "buttered popcorn" flavored ice cream at Baskin Robbins. That stuff is plain nasty and the employees even pressure you to sample it because more people hate it. I ate the whole damn thing though since I'm not one to throw away food.

eewwww lol. We're getting a Baskin Robbins in my town soon (our old ones closed like 15 yrs ago, not sure what's up with that) and I have gotta try this, even though it sounds disgusting X 100.

I don't even like the buttered popcorn Jelly Belly beans.

Come to think of it, I don't even like ACTUAL buttered popcorn. Yuck!

I love buttered popcorn (including the jellybeans). I was super excited to see this flavor. It has weird tasting ice cream with random salty yellow chunks in it. Mmmm... tasty... (blech)
  • austinmeredith
    austinmeredith Posts: 11 Member
    Echoing what another poster said, but Costco Pizza is the absolute worst! When i got two slices awhile ago i saw how greasy and was thinking oh well i'm hungry even though this will probably be between 600-700 calories. I get home to log only to find out that they are 700 calories EACH!

What a waste. :(
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Fat Guys Burger and Fries...even the name is gross, but I had to try their "gourmet" burgers. What a waste of a perfectly good cheat meal.

You mean 5 guys?

and shame on you.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    I don't have anything specific but I hate when I'm at a party/get together/whatever where people have brought various dishes and something looks amazing and then once I get it in my mouth I realize that it wasn't worth the calories but I'm stuck eating it because spitting it out in front of the person that very likely made it or brought it just isn't a show of good upbringing.

I was raised southern. That kind of *kitten* matters.
  • I had the new "buttered popcorn" flavored ice cream at Baskin Robbins. That stuff is plain nasty and the employees even pressure you to sample it because more people hate it. I ate the whole damn thing though since I'm not one to throw away food.

That's a good point ... I was raised not to throw away food, so basically I treated myself like a human garbage can. I would eat every little bit of everything, no matter if it were bad. I think now, I have to try and not do that. If it doesn't taste fantastic, it's not worth it!
  • louisedavies311
    louisedavies311 Posts: 110 Member
    My friend brought me a small cadbury's egg, that came with a spoon, you unwrap it, bite the top off and are supposed to spoon the creamy filling out, it was 200 calories and it was ate in seconds ! It was the worst waste of calories I've had, needless to say I will not be having another one.

What have you eaten so quick and high calorie, that you won't eat again ?

I have done the same thing with these eggs not going to even look at them any more
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Kale haha.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    I'm gonna duck and cover at all the daggers that are sure to come my way, but my most recent waste of calories was a Quest bar. Yuck (tried 4 different flavors). At least I got a bunch of protein from it, but never again. I'd have rather spent that 180/190 on something else.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Ben & Jerries.

That 1/2 cup of icecream per serving is laughable.
    More like...the entire carton in one sitting.

For the phish food one that means in less than 30 minutes I ate: 4 servings * 290cal/serving = 1160 calories.

oooppppsssss
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    alcohol, but only if i don't get laid after it.

You don't have to log the calories SHE consumes :wink: :laugh: :wink:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    A Panera brownie I had obsessed about for weeks before I gave in...wasn't even good.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Now, Cookie Dough Oreos may sound like a good idea, but no... just no.. and I have no qualms about spitting something out when it isn't worth the kcals.

You just saved me from going out to purchase these "just to try a bite." I have no idea why sound soo good...

My worst is always a poptart. I really just need to keep them out of the house.
  • wannalose25
    wannalose25 Posts: 69 Member
    Donuts
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Starbucks cookie... like 400 cals. It is a big cookie.. and it does taste delicious.. but that's how much I normally eat for lunch and the cookie is obviously not filling. Once in awhile it's obviously not a problem but probably wouldn't eat one every day :) not worth skipping lunch for a silly cookie!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Echoing what another poster said, but Costco Pizza is the absolute worst! When i got two slices awhile ago i saw how greasy and was thinking oh well i'm hungry even though this will probably be between 600-700 calories. I get home to log only to find out that they are 700 calories EACH!

What a waste. :(

Oh man, I LOVE Costco pizza. So much cheese = heaven for me. But yeah, it is not worth the 700 calories per slice.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Birthday cake oreos. It's NOT the regular filling with sprinkles added - it's a different flavor! Ick! And chips ahoy - they are SO dry!
    Really? I loved the birthday cake oreos! The filling tased like birthday cake!!
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    [

Now, Cookie Dough Oreos may sound like a good idea, but no... just no.. and I have no qualms about spitting something out when it isn't worth the kcals.

YES! cookie dough oreos are a big waste of calories. Sounded so good, but its nothing good about it. Waste!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Pop Tarts. For some reason, they sounded good a week or so ago so I bought a couple of boxes. Turns out a) I don't like them as much as I used to, and b) two of the new flavors I wanted to try are just bad.

I really don't want to just throw them out, though, so I've been eating 1-2 a day in an effort to get rid of them. Plus, they're the only sweet snack I have that I can keep in my desk drawer at work. If I had my druthers I'd toss the Pop Tarts and keep my homemade and even more calorie-dense baked goodies there instead, but they'd spoil.

Think I'll go back to Quest bars as snacks. At least there's protein and fiber, if not yummy taste.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Hot chocolate from a gourmet coffee shop. Gone in 8 minutes and nearly 400 cals!