large or small breakfast to lose weight?

Replies

• First of all there is something very nasty about your attitude if you're going to body shame any type of idividual, Soapfan777, and it's completely inappropriate here.

I don't feel my attitude is nasty or my comments were inappropiate.

I don't feel that the sky is blue today, so it probably isn't.

Seriously Soapfan, if you want to contribute positively to the community, then you might want to think about how you convey your opinions.

Instead of "Body builders are nasty and unhealthy" try... "I do not want to look like a body builder". Just because you don't like how a body builder looks or have met body builders who are unhealthy, doesn't mean that everyone feels that way and that this the general truth of the world.

...and others may want to consider how their replies come across to me. It works both ways.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    First of all there is something very nasty about your attitude if you're going to body shame any type of idividual, Soapfan777, and it's completely inappropriate here.

I suppose if YOU don't see it then it doesn't exist, much like the several studies in this thread that refute your position which seem to have escaped your gaze.

Rigger

itude adjustment starts at home. If you are going to insult me then don't cry foul when it's done to you.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20058449

This is not a study.

EVERY single point listed says "MAY".
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    itude adjustment starts at home. If you are going to insult me then don't cry foul when it's done to you.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20058449

Wow, that's some study you got there, it's so air tight it doesn't even need to be peer reviewed, kind of like Wikipedia. You really threw the book at me with that one.

Rigger
  • I wasn't trying to cause trouble.
    Pro tip: Might want to avoid statements like "nasty looking deformed bodies" if you're not trying to cause trouble.

I have a right to my opinions just like the rest of you. If I feel that the body builders I have seen looked that way then it's my right.

You are indeed entitled to you opinions. The problem is that you try to pass off your misinformed opinion and body complex issues as competent advice. If you think your opinions are worth something, then you better be prepared to be called out and defend them. My opinion? Deal in facts and science.

My opinions are not misinformed. Furthermore, I have never tried to pass off my opinions on others. I merely posted my opinions like the rest of you. I don't have a problem being called out because I don't have any problems calling you out. If you think your opinions are worth anything then you better be ready to back it up with medical and health facts and evidence from the experts in the field.

I have yet to see you back yours up, aside from saying "I have a doctor". Link me things so I can take a gander at your facts.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/292033-side-effects-of-not-eating-breakfast/
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Eh. Whatever works for you. I generally eat nothing or very little in the mornings because I like to eat more later in the day. It just works best for me.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member

And you post yet another non peer-reviewed source... did you go to school?
  • First of all there is something very nasty about your attitude if you're going to body shame any type of idividual, Soapfan777, and it's completely inappropriate here.

Therein lies the issue.

Therein lies the issue with you if you haven't concluded comments made towards me were nasty and inappropiate as well.

Which one of us called your body disgusting and mutated?

I did not state that anyone called my body disgusting and mutated. However, some of your replies were nasty and inappropiate just the same. Are you going to deny it?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    First of all there is something very nasty about your attitude if you're going to body shame any type of idividual, Soapfan777, and it's completely inappropriate here.

Therein lies the issue.

Therein lies the issue with you if you haven't concluded comments made towards me were nasty and inappropiate as well.

I did not state that anyone called my body disgusting and mutated. However, some of your replies were nasty and inappropiate just the same. Are you going to deny it?

My comments were nasty, sure. But they were about your insulting and incorrect words and attitude.

You laid blanket insults on how people - people who have spent effort and time you can't even imagine - look.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member

Therein lies the issue.

The statement was in regards to YOU stating that bodybuilders are disgusting and unhealthy. Which is both irrelevant and offensive.
  • navyrigger46

You do know what "Peer Reviewed" means, right?

Try a medical journal, rather than an article with no scientific standing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19934407

Rigger
  • jonnythan
    I wasn't trying to cause trouble.
    Pro tip: Might want to avoid statements like "nasty looking deformed bodies" if you're not trying to cause trouble.

I have a right to my opinions just like the rest of you. If I feel that the body builders I have seen looked that way then it's my right.

You are indeed entitled to you opinions. The problem is that you try to pass off your misinformed opinion and body complex issues as competent advice. If you think your opinions are worth something, then you better be prepared to be called out and defend them. My opinion? Deal in facts and science.

My opinions are not misinformed. Furthermore, I have never tried to pass off my opinions on others. I merely posted my opinions like the rest of you. I don't have a problem being called out because I don't have any problems calling you out. If you think your opinions are worth anything then you better be ready to back it up with medical and health facts and evidence from the experts in the field.

I have yet to see you back yours up, aside from saying "I have a doctor". Link me things so I can take a gander at your facts.

Unsourced blog by a naturopath. Try again.

Therein lies the issue.

My comments were nasty, sure. But they were about your insulting and incorrect words and attitude.

You laid blanket insults on how people - people who have spent effort and time you can't even imagine - look.

This is a lie and you know it. I was very respectful with my initial posts. You posted the first nasty reply to me. I didn't post any nastiness to you until after your first nasty post to me.

Unsourced blog by a naturopath. Try again.

Sort of like you being doing here today?
  • jonnythan

Therein lies the issue.

This is a lie and you know it. I was very respectful with my initial posts. You posted the first nasty reply to me. I didn't post any nastiness to you until after your first nasty post to me.

You're confusing me with others. Might want to reread the thread. Do it after you read the scientific articles posted so far though.
  • Then you must be referring to yourself because you are the one that spewed that another poster and I were wrong for our opinions which placed you at the bottom of the stack of class in my opinion.

So if you're opinion is wrong, and I correct your misinformation that makes me classless? Seems legit. :noway:

Rigger

But you haven't corrected anything and that is the point. I am still waiting for you to throw the book at me.
  • navyrigger46
    Then you must be referring to yourself because you are the one that spewed that another poster and I were wrong for our opinions which placed you at the bottom of the stack of class in my opinion.

So if you're opinion is wrong, and I correct your misinformation that makes me classless? Seems legit. :noway:

Rigger

But you haven't corrected anything and that is the point. I am still waiting for you to throw the book at me.

Just did in a previous post, also pointed out several studies posted by others.

Here we go again.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/71/6/1511.full

Maybe that's not your speed though, I could probably find something on the Livestrong blog if you like?

Rigger

...and where is your backup?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    i generally only have coffee in the mornings. i often don't eat anywhere from 4-6 hours after i wake up
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    It really depends on the person. I workout shortly after getting up but I am a person that HAS to eat. So I have something small like 1/2 cup of oatmeal or a small protein shake.