I know I'm not the first person to feel this way...

Replies

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    cheers! :drinker:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    this was fun. i was not expecting that post after the first line.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    :happy: :happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy: :happy:
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Thank you for the laugh today. I was not expecting it and appreciated it.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Awesome post! WTG! :smile:
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Congrats and thank you for the right thoughts for me to start my weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Shine on! Great post.
  • So how much cinamon do I need?? :)))
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Love it, well said and a brilliant post.
    :flowerforyou:
  • natfunk
    natfunk Posts: 15 Member
    YOU are awesome and I so enjoyed reading your post. Congrats on your success and here's to health!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Loved this post! Congrats to you for your continued success. :flowerforyou:
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Brilliant post! Congrats on your loss so far! :drinker: :drinker:
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    But all you know-it-alls can't stop!

I joined MFP last year and half-a**ed my way through a couple of months and gave up. Not once did I visit the forums, just logged a bit on the app and then let myself get lazy.

So this year I made the commitment to myself. I'll be 40 in August and wanted to hit that age with a healthy head start. I started logging again, but decided to hit the forums.

I came here to:
    - find out exactly how much cinnamon and honey I needed to eat daily to kick start my metabolism
    - hear how soon before I eat do I need to drink a glass of lemon water to let the fat slide off my body
    - find THE exercises that will spot remove my fat
    - get suggestions for pills that will curb my appetite

And you know what I found? A group of people who spout facts and link peer-reviewed papers about what actually works. I found people who told you EXACTLY what you need to do to lose weight and build a better body, without sugar coating it. I've read through and researched many posts and found the truth about weight loss and body comp.

So you know what I did? I bought a digital scale. I weighed my foods and I logged everything. I built recipes and meals. I do cardio, but have incorporated strength training. Do you know why? Because the women on here that lift INSPIRE me. I can tell they feel strong, and boy, do I want to feel strong. I watch youtube videos of form, so that I insure I'm doing things the right way.

And guess what? I've lost 24 lbs since Christmas. I'm wearing clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years. I WILL rock the bikini this summer. I'm still eating the foods I enjoy, just not as large portion. I STILL have my vodka and lemonade. And if I have a bad day, I start over the next day. I have about 16lbs to go to meet my goal weight, but that goal was set before I began lifting, so I will just see where my body ends up.

I am so thankful to have found this forum and the Success Stories are such a joy to read.

But I do have one more question for the know-it-alls...how much rasberry ketones should I be taking???

LOVING THIS!!!!^^

So inspirational!! You were inspired by the "know-it-alls" on this site and now look - YOU are inspiring too! :wink:
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Thanks for writing a great post! Getting past the fad-diets was the first step for me.
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Best post I've read today! Spot on! Congrats on doing this the intelligent and maintainable way!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great post!
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    LOL, sometimes I think without pseudoscience our economy would come to a grinding halt! Great post and congrats!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    And the award for best newbie post is.......OP!

Great post and congrats on your success! Keep kicking *kitten*!
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    you know, my eyes were rolling and i almost gave up on this thread after reading "how much cinnamon and honey do i need to eat" but I decided to give it a chance and glad i did! Totally agree w/what you said :)