Venus Factor Info Please

Replies

• AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    When you buy this product do you have to sign some kind of Secrecy Agreement as everyone saying that it works is incredibly vague (i.e not mentioning the type of foods to eb eaten/cut out and what exercises they involve). You cannot find ANY specific informaiton or trial anywhere. I get that it's to do with Leptin etc and i do like the idea of trying it but everyone is very secretative for somehting that is apparently life changing and also simple.

Also, are the foods/diet plan it gives you when purchasing it US specific? I'm based in the UK and sometimes some meal plans etc involve having to buy foods that you cannot get over here.

Yeah I have to agree with you, there really isn’t much information out there. The meal plans aren’t USA specific, as I’m in the UK and have found everything I need to follow them. I’m currently on the 1600 calorie meal plan and all the foods have been no trouble to find. I won’t put my whole plan up, but basically my lunch plan includes a 510 calorie meal made up of a tasty turkey salad and a little dessert. I also found this user review from venusfactortruth.com helpful, so I’ll copy and paste that on here.

“When I downloaded the Venus Factor, I couldn’t believe how much material there was waiting for me. The main sections of the program were as following: The 12 week fat loss system, the Virtual Nutritionist, the Venus Factor Workouts including instructions, illustrations and videos, Venus Factor 101, free podcasts, nutrition information, coaching calls, and how-to videos. Oh, and did I mention the apps? So a lot of information! So let’s start with the 12 week fat loss system of the Venus Factor. This is the meat of the program, the main material. This is a 179 page document! There is also a Venus community, which is a private online community only for Venus Factor members, where you can meet and exchange ideas and experiences, or start your own personal blog.

The meal plans are put together with food choices that will suit all tastes. These plans include information about calories and quantities, so that you can plan exactly what you eat during the day to suit your metabolism and your nutritional requirements. About 100 pages of the manual are devoted to giving you entire meal plans which show you the calories contained in all of them, allowing you to choose the right meal and the right quantity of food for you.”

As for a trial on the program, I’m aware there is a 7-Day trial for 9.95 currently running. You can find more about that on the venusfactortruth.com website, but I don’t know how long that will last for.
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    When you buy this product do you have to sign some kind of Secrecy Agreement as everyone saying that it works is incredibly vague (i.e not mentioning the type of foods to eb eaten/cut out and what exercises they involve). You cannot find ANY specific informaiton or trial anywhere. I get that it's to do with Leptin etc and i do like the idea of trying it but everyone is very secretative for somehting that is apparently life changing and also simple.

Also, are the foods/diet plan it gives you when purchasing it US specific? I'm based in the UK and sometimes some meal plans etc involve having to buy foods that you cannot get over here.

Yeah I have to agree with you, there really isn’t much information out there. The meal plans aren’t USA specific, as I’m in the UK and have found everything I need to follow them. I’m currently on the 1600 calorie meal plan and all the foods have been no trouble to find. I won’t put my whole plan up, but basically my lunch plan includes a 510 calorie meal made up of a tasty turkey salad and a little dessert. I also found this user review from venusfactortruth.com helpful, so I’ll copy and paste that on here.

“When I downloaded the Venus Factor, I couldn’t believe how much material there was waiting for me. The main sections of the program were as following: The 12 week fat loss system, the Virtual Nutritionist, the Venus Factor Workouts including instructions, illustrations and videos, Venus Factor 101, free podcasts, nutrition information, coaching calls, and how-to videos. Oh, and did I mention the apps? So a lot of information! So let’s start with the 12 week fat loss system of the Venus Factor. This is the meat of the program, the main material. This is a 179 page document! There is also a Venus community, which is a private online community only for Venus Factor members, where you can meet and exchange ideas and experiences, or start your own personal blog.

The meal plans are put together with food choices that will suit all tastes. These plans include information about calories and quantities, so that you can plan exactly what you eat during the day to suit your metabolism and your nutritional requirements. About 100 pages of the manual are devoted to giving you entire meal plans which show you the calories contained in all of them, allowing you to choose the right meal and the right quantity of food for you.”

As for a trial on the program, I’m aware there is a 7-Day trial for 9.95 currently running. You can find more about that on the venusfactortruth.com website, but I don’t know how long that will last for.

Thanks for this - still a little worried about trying it as further reaserach suggests it's basically a sugar free diet and doing lots of lifting. That's not why i'm woried - i currently am moving over to that type of lifestyle - just don't want to pay money to be told that's what i need to do!!!
  • The thing is that I don't understand how the body shaping works. That's what I'm interested in. I too think why should I pay $47 for someone to tell me to restrict my calories and do high-intensity-interval training. I already do that. Now what? What's different about this program? Is it the exercises they give you that cause the change in shape? Because weight loss by itself itself sure doesn't do it.

The thing is that I rarely lose weight. Early in a diet program I do, like in the first month or two, then nothing. When I do lose a couple of pounds, it makes no sense whatsoever. It's a total mystery. Yeah, if I eat a whole cake every day, I'm sure to gain weight. I've got the way to gain weight down pat. But losing weight is a different story. For a few weeks I was doing light aerobics every day for 30 minutes a day, because I tore a muscle and couldn't do anything too intense. I suddenly lost a bunch of weight after having been plateauing for months. So I thought, "That's gotta be it! That's the trick! Light, daily aerobics." It never worked again. I have a ton of those kinds of stories. Or I'll eat cake every day for three days and lose two pounds. Now, I know it's not the cake. If I did that for a month, I'd gain five pounds. I'm baffled, and I would like to feel like I have some kind of control. And that's just with weight loss, never mind changing your body shape or targeting fat in specific locations. Has this guy really figured out something we don't already know? Something we can really use?
  • I also already know about leptin resistance, at least as it applies to men, anyway. Simply don't eat sugar, and don't spike your blood sugar levels.
  • superchick601
    superchick601 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm not sure why people have to be so mean or harsh. I am also curious, that's why I'm reading this thread. There is nothing wrong with curiosity!!!
    I lost 30 lbs. just by restricting my calorie intake, uping my fiber intake, and making smarter choices like: no fried food, no mayo, lettuce wraps instead of tortilla wraps, ect. My problem is that my weight loss has stopped at 30 lbs. I've started working out and I'm looking for help.

I tried insanity, but being new to real exercise, that one is a bit too intense! makes my heart hurt! I need to start a little lighter. I've looked into beach bodies and a few others and while researching I found "the venus factor". There are no pills or miracle claims at all, it says it helps you learn the secrets to burning fat more efficiently for women, and it's true....our bodies work differently than mens!! My husband and I started eating healthier at the same time with the same activity level and he lost more than I did!!!! and he lost it in the main problem areas faster!!! That is why this whole program is appealing, maybe there is some truth in it scientifically. At least we are cautious and weary enough to ask and research rather than jump on the train and go buy this stuff! It says you have to follow these eating tips and workout routines, it's not magic.

but I do agree, all the positive reviews I'm reading are shady and the "real user review" has been posted over and over and seems to be the only one in existence!

I think I'll just end up with the beach bodies program for now and work into some more intense stuff as my body becomes used to it. baby steps lol
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    My mom is currently on this program and so far it's raising a lot of red flags for me. Maybe she's doing something wrong, but based on the program her current daily calorie goal is 1,000. She can eat a bit more on the weekends but I believe it's still at least under 1,500. I once calculated her BMR, TDEE, etc. and found that a safe calorie deficit for her height and weight is 1,500 calories per day. 1,000 sounds ridiculously unsafe, especially when she's already working out 4-5 days a week.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    My mom is currently on this program and so far it's raising a lot of red flags for me. Maybe she's doing something wrong, but based on the program her current daily calorie goal is 1,000. She can eat a bit more on the weekends but I believe it's still at least under 1,500. I once calculated her BMR, TDEE, etc. and found that a safe calorie deficit for her height and weight is 1,500 calories per day. 1,000 sounds ridiculously unsafe, especially when she's already working out 4-5 days a week.

That is the only thing I do not like about the program... the very low calories its suggests. However, the workouts are AMAZING! I just don't follow the guidelines for nutrition and use the workouts. Better than many of the BB ones I have bought, even though I still like my Shaun T ones.
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member

Did you or your mom read the information correctly and fully? The 1000 calories is the lowest suggestion that it's safe for you to be given, but the site and the virtual nutrition thing do specify very very clearly underneath that it's a guideline and that you can eat anywhere between the 1000 cals and the maintenance calorie number (for me that's 1832) and STILL have a deficit. It does actually say "Suggested calorie intake" not "Mandatory calorie intake" !!!!! It does not say anywhere that you must only eat 1000 calories but obviously the more you eat the slower the results will be.....

So your Mom could go to the bog-standard 1200 cals that MFP appears to give absolutely everyone who signs up here, and be fine. Most people don't react with horror at the 1200 number, they seem to accept it quite happily, so why at the 1000 number given by Venus?
  • Hi there,

I have am almost finished week two of this program and have lost 4 kgs!
    I was curious when I was looking at this for more information so decided to buy it and have a look. The $47 package comes with a 60 day money back guarantee.

Yes 1000 calories is quite low, but for those of you that have not read the manuals or participated in any online forums, you will not know that these are suggested deficits.

This program is quite flexible and does not tell you that you must stick to the deficit. It also gives you the option to follow the meal plans if you prefer structure in your life OR you can do it yourself if you prefer the variety.

Studies about Leptin resistance has been around for a very long time and there are many programs to help combat it, this is just one. But the information remains the same. They also advertise supplements that are able to be purchased, but are not at all a compulsory component of the program.

You don't sign a secret agreement either, in fact, there is a disclaimer on the site that allows you to share this program with friends etc.

The only thing you are unable to share are the videos demonstrating the workout program. It is designed specifically for women and there is a male version as well. The workouts target women's troublesome areas.

I am loving this at the moment.....I would encourage you to have a go if you are curious.

Good Luck
  • Annalisa_87
    Annalisa_87 Posts: 56 Member
    Yeah I'd have to agree that the meal plans are very flexible and are matched up to your weight loss aspirations and time frame. I personally am on a 1700 calorie meal plan, as I am currently working out a bit harder and trying to build more shape on my physique. I personally got a glimpse at some of the meal plans from Lisa, the moderator at venusfactortruth.com a website mentioned previously on this forum and which I have found to be very informative and helpful. She even emailed me some Venus Factor meal plans to examine before I joined the community, which might be of interest to you if you want to see what the meal plans consist of. So it’s not a secret, just hard to get good information.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    What kind of equipment do you need. (I feel like I need to comment on the fact that most people who are commenting and loving this program have less than 10 post) it is kind of suspicious - just sayin.

yes!! I noted that too!!
  • hashemaltawil
    hashemaltawil Posts: 2 Member
    How To Lose Weight Fast - The Venus Factor ( Girl Story )
    At the lineman of the Venus Calculate idea is something illustrious as "the Venus index". Your Urania indicant is ambitious by taking your area, hip, and point measurements into kindness to turn up with the ideal set of measurements for your unequaled body. Ideally talking, your region should be change to 38% of your summit. Then you manifold your saint waist size by 1.42 to set your paragon hip measurements and 1.618 to ascertain your saint edge measurement. From there you use your Urania indicator to shape where you demand to go close to instrument up with the forge you real requirement. A lot of women gift to climb it. Some your individualised place might be, the Urania Calculate curriculum helps you image out how to eat and exercise to get where you require to be. That's something I really likable active this - the way you can sartor this one announcement to ply any set of unparalleled needs.
    [url:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqrV5iSrKTo]The Venus Factor[/url]
    What's Included in the Information? The schedule in and of itself consists of a identify of incompatible components - all supported on the idea of the Urania indicator. In gain to the principal practice which helps you mold what your Urania finger actually is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqrV5iSrKTo
  • sagordon
    sagordon Posts: 8 Member
    I am not a sales person for them, first of all! I have had amazing results since I started in June. There are several ways of eating to choose from, but it boils down to calories in, calories out. If you want more than just a target weight, this is the one. What I mean by that is that the workouts are designed to shape your body along the way. You will track measurements. Who cares about being a goal weight if the body isn't lean and shapely?
  • hashemaltawil
    hashemaltawil Posts: 2 Member
    How To Lose Weight Fast - The Venus Factor ( Girl Story )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqrV5iSrKTo
  • Hi,

I want to lose fat in several parts of my body but especially my knees and calves because I have a huge complex and never wear dresses or skirts (they're not very big, I'd just like them to be leaner). I've asked in several gyms if they knew what kind of diet or exercises I could do and they always tell me the same: that it's genetic and that I can't do anything to make my calves thinner. So I wanted to ask, will this program help me get thin calves and knees? I think that the problem is the fat but also that I might have a bit too much muscle, does the program also help lose muscle mass in specific areas after getting rid of the fat?

And the most important thing, this program seems really interesting and legitimate, but there are a lot of scam programs online that keep charging you money month after month after you've paid what they said was the price, so I'm a bit worried about giving my account number, how can I be sure this won't happen if I buy this program?

Sorry for the long message and thanks in advance,

Laura
  • Annalisa_87
    Hi,

I want to lose fat in several parts of my body but especially my knees and calves because I have a huge complex and never wear dresses or skirts (they're not very big, I'd just like them to be leaner). I've asked in several gyms if they knew what kind of diet or exercises I could do and they always tell me the same: that it's genetic and that I can't do anything to make my calves thinner. So I wanted to ask, will this program help me get thin calves and knees? I think that the problem is the fat but also that I might have a bit too much muscle, does the program also help lose muscle mass in specific areas after getting rid of the fat?

And the most important thing, this program seems really interesting and legitimate, but there are a lot of scam programs online that keep charging you money month after month after you've paid what they said was the price, so I'm a bit worried about giving my account number, how can I be sure this won't happen if I buy this program?

Sorry for the long message and thanks in advance,

Laura

Hi Laura. I know what you mean! I had trouble burning fat off those target areas too. I found the Venus Factor gives you both dieting advice and also concentrates on body shaping and toning with an enormous selection of exercises and workouts. By following the Venus Factor diet your calves will become smaller as fat is reduced. As your weight drops your calf muscles will also reduce as your body weight will not be as heavy. While there is no such thing as spot reducing, the Venus Factor focuses on decreasing your total body fat. The workouts will help shape your ideal body and can be adapted, so I would not do any squats or other lower body exercises that utilise the calves.

The program is genuine and the payment of $47 covers the whole program and you won’t be charged again. If you prefer, it is possible to pay by Paypal so they don’t have your bank account details. I got my information and purchased the program through www.venusfactortruth.com I found this website very helpful. I hope this helps.
  • Hi Annalisa,

Thank you so so much for your answer, I feel much more relieved. I think I may give it a try after all. :)
  • Hi again,

What kind of exercises would you recommend me to do to lose fat and mass off my calves and knees and make them thinner? Would jogging or cycling be better than doing specific exercises?

Thank you in advance!
  • Annalisa_87
    Hi again,

What kind of exercises would you recommend me to do to lose fat and mass off my calves and knees and make them thinner? Would jogging or cycling be better than doing specific exercises?

Thank you in advance!

Light cycling is good, but not spin or going up hills. Swimming is another great option. Slow jogging would be fine as long as you keep away from hills. As you lose weight you can increase the amount of time. What you don’t want to be doing is forcibly contracting your calf muscles. Another suggestion is yoga and stretching exercises, this will help relax and lengthen the calf muscles.
  • CopyLisa
    CopyLisa Posts: 5 Member
    I purchased it thinking I was getting books and videos. Turned out it was e-Books (no mention of that in the "commercial").

I am unable to do many of the exercises do to impending knee replacement on both knees and I would like my money back.

I have requested my money back 3 times is 2 weeks and have NO RESPONSE whatsoever.

Totally frustrated and if I don't get an answer soon I will be reporting them to the authorities. Buyer Beware!!!

TOTAL RIP OFF!!!!!