"You're the fattest skinny girl I've ever met."

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    They snickered and gawked as you ate? Effing weird.

Yup. Denied taking brownies home and insisted I eat gelato for them.

23hks5i.gif
  • SugaryLynx
    Seriously? Creep 101. Seriously though?

Ya. Was totally like, "And here you see the wild weightlifter girl in her natural habitat. Eating Talenti gelato straight out of the container. Fascinating. "

You made my day!!! Like a circus monkey!!
    Lol my family does this all the time!! But I think its because they care and I dropped like nearly 20lbs (part from depression/part from wanting to be healthier) over about a 6 month span-which I consider a healthy time frame but I guess its just moms.

I think next time you should bring out the jar of peanut butter and a spoon! You'll keep 'em busy for hours :D

I'll make it extra interesting and break out the Nutella, too. Spoon in each hand!
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member

Ya. Was totally like, "And here you see the wild weightlifter girl in her natural habitat. Eating Talenti gelato straight out of the container. Fascinating. "

Lol my family does this all the time!! But I think its because they care and I dropped like nearly 20lbs (part from depression/part from wanting to be healthier) over about a 6 month span-which I consider a healthy time frame but I guess its just moms.

I think next time you should bring out the jar of peanut butter and a spoon! You'll keep 'em busy for hours :D

I'll make it extra interesting and break out the Nutella, too. Spoon in each hand!

:laugh:

2yljwj4.gif
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    So you're just finding out now that your family is weird? :flowerforyou:
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    I love my husband to death and he is my number 1 supporter! But, when I want a dang Cadbury Caramel Egg, by gosh I am allowed to have one! Yes, I worked extra hard at the gym or skipped a snack during the day just so I could enjoy that one treat! Don't give me heck over it!!

BTW, what an odd situation!! I'm sorry your family isn't supportive and downright rude/odd :/
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

I feel like perhaps you should grab the lids and bang them together like cymbals as such said circus monkey would be doing.

Uck- that's really unsat. And awkward for sure. I feel for you.

I hate when people make comments- only because it's so OLD and it happens a lot.

Fortunately I'm one of the fittest people in my office- and it's harder for people to make comments when they know what i look like. It becomes more of a challenge if you are coming from being over weight- or under weight.

Speaking of- HA- you think LOSING weight is hard- try gaining- people look at you like you have a penis on your forehead. it's just ridiculous.

Mostly my answer is "I have a 300 lb dead lift- and my *kitten* looks better than Kim Kardashian or J.Lo... so- clearly something is working- but in the interest of fairness-did you have anything else you'd like to add in the "helpful comments" box? I'm taking suggestions-mostly because I'm cheap and I hate buying toilet paper."

people are wack.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member

Oh now you're just talking crazy!

EDIT: Tried putting in a gif of a girl going to town with the Nutella but I am apparently computer challenged :/

Carry on :)
  • SugaryLynx

:laugh:

2yljwj4.gif

izosqv.gif
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member

OP, please tell me you actually said that in front of them!!!!! Because it's genius and hopefully something like that would inspire a tiny bit of humility in them.
  • SugaryLynx
    So you're just finding out now that your family is weird? :flowerforyou:

Haha, you know it's one of those things that having lived with them my whole life, I thought behavior like this was acceptable. The longer I've lived separately, the more I realize how odd they truly are lol
  • SugaryLynx

OP, please tell me you actually said that in front of them!!!!! Because it's genius and hopefully something like that would inspire a tiny bit of humility in them.

I wish! :/ one of those come backs you think of after the fact
  • SugaryLynx

I feel like perhaps you should grab the lids and bang them together like cymbals as such said circus monkey would be doing.

Uck- that's really unsat. And awkward for sure. I feel for you.

I hate when people make comments- only because it's so OLD and it happens a lot.

Fortunately I'm one of the fittest people in my office- and it's harder for people to make comments when they know what i look like. It becomes more of a challenge if you are coming from being over weight- or under weight.

Speaking of- HA- you think LOSING weight is hard- try gaining- people look at you like you have a penis on your forehead. it's just ridiculous.

Mostly my answer is "I have a 300 lb dead lift- and my *kitten* looks better than Kim Kardashian or J.Lo... so- clearly something is working- but in the interest of fairness-did you have anything else you'd like to add in the "helpful comments" box? I'm taking suggestions-mostly because I'm cheap and I hate buying toilet paper."

people are wack.

Ironically, I am working on my first bulk. I've actually been driving my husband insane by our steadily growing grocery bill lol

But that's an incredible comeback. 300 lb deadlift is freaking badass btw.:heart:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Ironically, I am working on my first bulk. I've actually been driving my husband insane by our steadily growing grocery bill lol

But that's an incredible comeback. 300 lb deadlift is freaking badass btw.:heart:
    LOL-yes- the food bill goes up- I buy ice cream, oreos and milk to fill the gap- eff eating chicken and veggies for that much- but I'll be quiet happy when I start cutting (cranky and hungry- but least I'll have more walking around money!!!)

LOL in the interest of honest and fairness:- for the purpose of THAT discussion- I round up- it's only 285. For people who know nothing and insist on giving me **** about something- I just round. I have no shame in stretching the truth to them.

The reality is- I work hard for my body- and I will absolutely- without question - or hesitation- flaunt my results in your face if you challenge me or give me crap about what I"m doing.

Point is: I'm doing *kitten*- you are just talking *kitten*. get to stepping *kitten*.

I don't mind talking with like minded lifters and other people about it- but these people who talk like that- or attack-snark- challenge you-food shame you- whatever- they don't want to talk- they want to make you feel bad. it's a different situation. so- both barrels of vainity and snarkiness come right back at ya.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member

I wish! :/ one of those come backs you think of after the fact

Aww! don't you hate that?!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member

"Observe how she puts a full spoonful of ice cream into her mouth and soon thereafter removes an empty spoon. It's almost as if she actually is eating the ice cream. I would like to take this moment to point out what a rare and amazing opportunity it was to capture this moment. Truly, this is invaluable insight into...the life of the female weight lifter."
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    That was a really crappy/creepy thing for them to do! Often family members seem to have no boundaries.

I can only imagine that your sister meant that you have a "fat" person's appetite (RUDE) for such a small body.

Your family likely believes your current size is maintained through nothing short of magic and thus set out to prove it by "gifting" you with food items they were certain thin people people must never eat. Seeing you actually eat it, they were certainly awe-struck. I mean, you performed a miracle before their very eyes.
  • SugaryLynx

LOL-yes- the food bill goes up- I buy ice cream, oreos and milk to fill the gap- eff eating chicken and veggies for that much- but I'll be quiet happy when I start cutting (cranky and hungry- but least I'll have more walking around money!!!)

LOL in the interest of honest and fairness:- for the purpose of THAT discussion- I round up- it's only 285. For people who know nothing and insist on giving me **** about something- I just round. I have no shame in stretching the truth to them.

The reality is- I work hard for my body- and I will absolutely- without question - or hesitation- flaunt my results in your face if you challenge me or give me crap about what I"m doing.

Point is: I'm doing *kitten*- you are just talking *kitten*. get to stepping *kitten*.

I don't mind talking with like minded lifters and other people about it- but these people who talk like that- or attack-snark- challenge you-food shame you- whatever- they don't want to talk- they want to make you feel bad. it's a different situation. so- both barrels of vainity and snarkiness come right back at ya.

Ya, I've been trying to be good about discretionary calories but that means eating bags of apples, oranges, and like $20 bucks of Greek yogurt a week. D: haha

Meh, rounded or not you're still impressive to me and I agree about not being afraid to flaunt when people question or try to belittle. It seems unfair to be treated like that when you know what it means to be successful and those who just have nothing better to do start nagging.
  • SugaryLynx

"Observe how she puts a full spoonful of ice cream into her mouth and soon thereafter removes an empty spoon. It's almost as if she actually is eating the ice cream. I would like to take this moment to point out what a rare and amazing opportunity it was to capture this moment. Truly, this is invaluable insight into...the life of the female weight lifter."

That's it! We're making a documentary!
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Sounds like jealousy to me and sounds like they wanted to see you eat the icecream as if it would destroy you and make you sucomb to what they consider a normal life of eating lol too bad for them and shame on them for putting you on display like that !!! And yes when people know I am dieting they try all sorts of sabatoge bringing me treats of cookies and brownies and when I go out to eat with them they speak for me lol told a waitress once no she cant have any dessert she is on a diet people!!!! smh
  • SugaryLynx
    Sounds like jealousy to me and sounds like they wanted to see you eat the icecream as if it would destroy you and make you sucomb to what they consider a normal life of eating lol too bad for them and shame on them for putting you on display like that !!! And yes when people know I am dieting they try all sorts of sabatoge bringing me treats of cookies and brownies and when I go out to eat with them they speak for me lol told a waitress once no she cant have any dessert she is on a diet people!!!! smh

That would annoy me so bad if someone spoke for me!♡

Two weeks ago, my husband and I went out to eat at Red Lobster. I ate all the cheddar bay biscuits and when I ate my lunch so quick the server couldn't even bring me back my refill on drink in time he got to the table and goes, "Wow, you really liked it huh?" O.o. Yes, people of all sizes can eat food!!