Wow! Import from Allrecipes!!!

D_squareG
D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
I just found the function that lets you import recipes from a website! Did the rest of you know you could do this? Ive been entering them manually for 6 months!

I'm not sure it will be perfect, but how neat!!!!

Replies

• krysannboggs
    krysannboggs Posts: 48 Member
    ZipList is another great one. It had a recipe clipper option that saves any recipe from any website. I love it.
  • D_squareG
    Does that import the recipe into the MFP database?
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    I just found the function that lets you import recipes from a website! Did the rest of you know you could do this? Ive been entering them manually for 6 months!

I'm not sure it will be perfect, but how neat!!!!

Dumb question...(from a dumb user...)

how do you do this?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    It is a new and welcome function. :)
  • I am going to have to check this out! Manually entering them is tedious!!!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    I want to know how to do this... PLEASE!!!
  • D_squareG
    On the full website, not from the app, I log in.

Go to Food, then Recipes. You will see right at the top "Recipe Importer" and a box to insert a URL for a website.

I go to my Recipe Box on AllRecipes (this is where you may have something else or a website. I haven't tried it with something like cooks.com or anything else yet.

Get to the Recipe you want and then copy the URL in the window. Go back to MFP and paste it into the URL window and hit import recipe.

It will search for the recipe and you may have to clean it up a bit, but it is really neat if you have a lot of recipes already saved on a website (which I do)!

I'm going to try it with just a random site next. I'll let you know how it goes!

(I'm excited, can you tell? Sorry for all the exclamation points)
  • D_squareG
    Update!!! Just tried it with a random recipe from Food Network and it worked! Awsome!!!!!!!
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    This might have just changed my life forever! ;) Very cool, thanks for sharing!
  • miissalexandria
    miissalexandria Posts: 430 Member
    I noticed this the other day as well! It's awesome :) And you can edit the individual ingredients if you changed anything.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Is it working now? Because I tried the other day, and it would not import, and that was also from AllRecipes. I hope it does work, that would be very helpful!
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    I noticed this the other day as well! It's awesome :) And you can edit the individual ingredients if you changed anything.

It allows you to edit? This just changed my life! I thought the importer meant you had to keep it the same. Now it is a useful tool for me :)
  • Awesome!!!! I am just as excited about this! I could exclamation point right off the page! ;-)
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    I managed to import a couple last Friday while on a computer and they show fine on the computer, when i try and view them from my tablet (android based) or my iPhone they are there in name only. Given I have no computer in the kitchen I'm not likely to use the feature since it doesn't support mobile use. I Really just need to be able to see the ingredient list of rmost thing and i can extrapolate how to make them since I have a lot of cooking experience
    I just go to the websites now via my tablet
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Love this site because of all the "extras". Used this yesterday and was wonderful and time saving..
  • that's so awesome I didn't know that, definitely going to be a time saver
  • katswt
    katswt Posts: 16 Member
    I discovered this over the weekend, also! What a wonderful feature!! :happy:
  • miissalexandria
    miissalexandria Posts: 430 Member

It allows you to edit? This just changed my life! I thought the importer meant you had to keep it the same. Now it is a useful tool for me :)

Yep. when You import the recipe(ingredient list) you can add different ingredients before or after.. then you can change anything. I'm going to make a loaded potato soup tonight.. but it has no meat, so I'll be adding some lean ground beef and so it'll be easy to add it to the recipe when I log tonight. I think it's fantastic :)
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    bump for the info