Weird things that runners do.

WEIRD THINGS THAT RUNNERS DO
1. Hold your Garmin up to the sky because you swear you get better reception.
2. Have full conversations with yourself while running, often times out loud.
3. You look at your clock at home and get all giddy when you realize it's your PR time.
4. You see the word "marathon" in the TV guide and get excited before you realize it has nothing at all to do with running.
5. Swore you would never wear a fanny pack but a fuel belt? No problem!
6. Run tons of miles per week but yet you still search for the closest parking spot at the grocery store.
7. Carry extra running gear in your car just in case you see a great looking place to run on accident.
8. Wear your running clothes to bed so you spend less time changing and have more time to run in the morning.
9. On long runs you get so deep in thought that you suddenly realize that you don't remember what happened the last couple miles.
10. Talking in acronyms: My last MP earned me PR and 1st in my AG. I didn't BQ but at least I wasn't a DNF.
11. You blow your nose in your shirt because you suck at blowing snot rockets while running. You just end up looking like a dog slobbering out the car window.
12. Get extremely excited when you see a porta potty or bathroom out of no where on your run.
13. Show off your bruised and black toe nails to non runners while trying to convince them it was so much fun and completely worth it!
14. Constantly checking behind you to see if anyone is catching up that could be the boogey man.
15. Change into your running clothes in your car not caring if anyone sees.
16. Fart while running on accident but still look around to see if anyone heard it. And if so, you speed up to lose them!
17. Assume that the old lady that passed you like you were standing still is only going to be running a couple miles.
18. Question what you got yourself into at the beginning of the race only to immediately wonder what races you can enter next.
19. Realize that the majority of the songs on your phone are ones that you run to.
20. Panicking the day before a race making sure that you have everything lined up that you will need.
21. Look at runners with envy while driving.
22. When the local news starts talking about race weekend you start panicking because you didn't sign up, then you realize they are talking about NASCAR and not running.
23. While driving down the road you see the amount of miles until your destination on the road sign and you immediately think "I can run that!"
24. Avoid going past a running store because you know you can't come out of it empty handed.
25. Getting people to reschedule their weddings because it interferes with your race schedule.
26. Seeing people with 13.1 and 26.2 stickers on their car and speeding up to get a good look at them. Even if you have to do 80+. It's still a competition!
27. Running around in circles so you hit an even amount of mileage on your Garmin.
28. Knowing that it is impossible to run past windows without looking at the reflection so you can check out your running form.
29. Solve the worlds problems while running and wonder why there is no law that world leaders have to do this.
30. Plan vacations based on where you can run and what races you can enter.
(via Running Sole)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I don't even run any more really- and I'm dying- this is SO true.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    OMG I'm totally one to keep running clothes in my car - and now I keep an extra set at my parent's where I am there frequently on Saturday's and have been caught without running clothes/shoes.

Mileage on signs - I not only think "I can run that" but calculate how long it will take.

Always blow my nose in my shirt or my gloves. Sorry.

ALWAYS get even mileage on my garmin. Bothers the hell out of me when my husband will stop at a random distance like 4.86 miles and then say he runs 5. I always finish. Always. Who runs 4.86 miles? WHO?!

I change in and out of my running clothes in my car frequently when I run on my lunch break or after work

When I'm on my way to or from work and see someone running my mind immediately gets pissed and I think "Why doesn't that person have to work? That's not fair. I want to run now instead of 5am. Jerk...." when in reality they likely just have a different schedule lol

Always looking for the boogey man - that creeper is somewhere :)

Thanks for sharing. Good laugh :)
  • MrsJuli4B
    MrsJuli4B Posts: 27 Member
    Bump - for motivation when I need it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    > willing to go buy new clothes because you don't have any- and have free time.

(this is why I often carry spare shoes- but not spare clothes.)

LMAO
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    I've been doing #21 all of the time lately...
  • curtishissam
    curtishissam Posts: 14 Member
    bump...
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Love them all!!:laugh:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    guess im not a runner
  • timmfp
    timmfp Posts: 4 Member
    #26 is spot on and earned me my last speeding ticket. :D
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    This is so funny! Thanks for sharing!

I am guilty of:
    2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 19, 21, 26, 27, and 28. :laugh:
  • Thank you for posting! I had no idea I was on this site! Someone pointed it out to me!
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Okay - I am totally fessing up! Here are the ones I am guilty of. Thanks so much for posting, I needed the laugh!!!

1. Hold your Garmin up to the sky because you swear you get better reception - what you mean it doesn't?!?!?!?! LOL
    2. Have full conversations with yourself while running, often times out loud - ALL the time out loud...unless I am singing out loud.
    5. Swore you would never wear a fanny pack but a fuel belt? No problem! - DUH!
    9. On long runs you get so deep in thought that you suddenly realize that you don't remember what happened the last couple miles. - YEP.
    11. You blow your nose in your shirt because you suck at blowing snot rockets while running. You just end up looking like a dog slobbering out the car window - Okay I laughed hysterically at this because the ONE time I tried to blow a snot rocket I am sure that is EXACTLY what I looked like. I use my gloves now.
    12. Get extremely excited when you see a porta potty or bathroom out of no where on your run. <THIS!!!!!!!!
    14. Constantly checking behind you to see if anyone is catching up that could be the boogey man. - Always!
    18. Question what you got yourself into at the beginning of the race only to immediately wonder what races you can enter next. - YES YES YES
    20. Panicking the day before a race making sure that you have everything lined up that you will need. - This is COMPLETELY normal behavior. LOL
    21. Look at runners with envy while driving. - And get mad that they aren't at work like I am!
    26. Seeing people with 13.1 and 26.2 stickers on their car and speeding up to get a good look at them. Even if you have to do 80+. It's still a competition! - And to make sure they see MY 13.1 magnet!!! LOL
  • jessica_1205_
    jessica_1205_ Posts: 21 Member
    I definitely do 11, as horrible as it is! I never remember to take a tissue and three miles in the sniffing starts...
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    I am all of these!!! Especially right now as i am injured and unable to run. I've been watching runners as I drive and am extremely jealous of them!!
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Guilty of a few of these! But, thanks for #8, never thought of that!!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    lmao!
    wow... it's a whole another world!
    thank you for this insightful window on your world! as a lifelong non-runner, speaking for all non-runners, here's what we say is weird about runners:

1) they run
    2) they wear shorts in 40° weather