"You're the fattest skinny girl I've ever met."

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    It seems like a form of "mockery" to me... I have friends / family members who do that to me sometimes.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    This seems like the sort of thing most people losing weight have to deal with - I know I have. I've found that the best solution for it is, if someone doesn't listen first time, or is rude about something with some incredibly unwitty comment, shout at them. And if they still don't listen, shout again. They soon stop.
    My sister made a Victoria sponge a week ago. It looks delicious, but I didn't want any - I had just eaten dinner followed by a low-cal brownie that I made. I was full, but she wanted me to try her cake. I said I didn't want any, but she insisted "Just try it, just try it, just try it" so I slowly got louder and louder. She eventually relented, but then my dad did the same thing "Just have a bit, it's nice, just try it" so I shouted some more, and he gave up too.
    So, when in doubt, shout!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    I always get asked why I'm eating xyz. Or people remark "arent you on a DIET... should you be eating that???"

Yea. It fits my macros. TYVM
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Odd.
    It sounds like something my 'mother' would have said.

Sounds like they are jealous of your loss, and may have made the typical *****y jealous comments about whether or not u have done it safely.

If this is the case, ignore them. They sound horrible
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I don't get remarks like that. I think people are just happy when they see that I eat a lot, eat treats, and stuff. And if I'm eating veggies they like that too. I think people like that I am into fitness and also like that I'm not restrictive.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Seriously? Creep 101. Seriously though?

Ya. Was totally like, "And here you see the wild weightlifter girl in her natural habitat. Eating Talenti gelato straight out of the container. Fascinating. "
    Wait. Am I supposed to read that with my David Attenborough voice or my "Crocodile Hunter" voice?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Seriously? Creep 101. Seriously though?

Ya. Was totally like, "And here you see the wild weightlifter girl in her natural habitat. Eating Talenti gelato straight out of the container. Fascinating. "
    Wait. Am I supposed to read that with my David Attenborough voice or my "Crocodile Hunter" voice?

If I had my way... Morgan Freeman
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    I don't know what TV your family watches, but it is also a line(sort of) from the old "I Love Lucy Show".

"You're the fattest nothing I have ever seen"

Maybe it was small joke and nothing more.
  • SugaryLynx
    Posted this on FB yesterday with a thank you message to my sister and Mom. Added, "Almost polished it off"

11rfb49.jpg

for your interested, it's delicious... but I've never had a Talenti flavor I didn't like :P
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Posted this on FB yesterday with a thank you message to my sister and Mom. Added, "Almost polished it off"

11rfb49.jpg

for your interested, it's delicious... but I've never had a Talenti flavor I didn't like :P

I've never had pistachio ice cream/gelato, and I only recently discovered pistachios, in general. Is it... is it sort of a savory-sweet gelato?
  • SugaryLynx

11rfb49.jpg

I've never had pistachio ice cream/gelato, and I only recently discovered pistachios, in general. Is it... is it sort of a savory-sweet gelato?

Definitely a good way to describe it. I'm not a huge pistachio person but I am still enjoying it! ♡
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    People are just ridiculous. It's more about portion control. If you don't stuff your face all day on normal food, sure you can enjoy some ice cream and not gain weight. Most people just have no idea how much they should be eating.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    oh yeah, and talenti is delicious!!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    I don't get remarks like that. I think people are just happy when they see that I eat a lot, eat treats, and stuff. And if I'm eating veggies they like that too. I think people like that I am into fitness and also like that I'm not restrictive.

Yeah, pretty much this.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    For several years I'd get comments that made me feel insecure. I was recovering from an ED, though, so I don't know if my story counts as much: I HAD been very restricting, so hearing my aunt or a cousin comment "Are you actually eating?" or "DID YOU EAT YET?" or the staring at my plate was... disconcerting.

Conversely, I'm now watched like a hawk by my in-laws to see if my "eating habits" are hinting at an unannounced pregnancy. Reach for an extra serving of salad? "Are you eating for two?!" Skip wine in favor of water. "Are you expecting?"

:grumble:

OMG I get this with friends! If we all go out and I choose not to drink because I'm low on calories or just because I'm THIRSTY for water (haha) they all question if I'm pregnant.

:noway:

Just because I choose not to indulge in alcohol doesn't mean I'm pregnant! Sometimes I'm just not feelin' it, but I wanted to hang out with you anyway! lol
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    For several years I'd get comments that made me feel insecure. I was recovering from an ED, though, so I don't know if my story counts as much: I HAD been very restricting, so hearing my aunt or a cousin comment "Are you actually eating?" or "DID YOU EAT YET?" or the staring at my plate was... disconcerting.

Conversely, I'm now watched like a hawk by my in-laws to see if my "eating habits" are hinting at an unannounced pregnancy. Reach for an extra serving of salad? "Are you eating for two?!" Skip wine in favor of water. "Are you expecting?"

OMG I get this with friends! If we all go out and I choose not to drink because I'm low on calories or just because I'm THIRSTY for water (haha) they all question if I'm pregnant.

Just because I choose not to indulge in alcohol doesn't mean I'm pregnant! Sometimes I'm just not feelin' it, but I wanted to hang out with you anyway! lol

I get the same thing too!!!! Drives me nuts!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

how do people even make that jump?

so rude- and so just <<throws hands up>>

I'd just tell them I'm not getting any so i can't be pregnant- or tell them I have a huge abcess on my *kitten* and no one will bang me... just go way over board on the TMI - start asking them personal questions that have nothing to do with anything.
  • SugaryLynx
    oh yeah, and talenti is delicious!!

Yes, yes it is. I never would have known about it had I not joined this website! Haha
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Family can be... weird. They're too bold with what they say. I don't think they think things through. lol I guess they get comfortable with you? I wouldn't know. I'm socially awkward, even with family, so I really wouldn't know.

My family says similar things to me.

Heaven forbid I eat something other than a salad. "You're not still on a diet?" I was never on a 'diet'. lol

Don't forget "You can't eat that, right?"

What? There's nothing anywhere that says I 'can't' eat Oreos. I just usually choose not to these days.

Oh, and once, upon telling my sister I may have stolen on eof her chocolate rice krispie treats. "You actually ate chocolate?" Gosh, sis, I AM human. :noway:
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Good God, people are *kitten*.