Upcoming Races

Replies

• My next race is the Glass City 1/2 on 4/27, it is my tune-up race to see what training program I'm going to use for my summer/fall marathon training.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Registered Races so far for 2014:
    Mar 9th, '14 Top O' The Mornin' 5k
    Mar 22nd, '14 McK Ramble into Spring 5k
    Mar 28th, '14 Only Fools Run At Midnight 5k
    Mar 30th, '14 Coverdell Dash 5k
    April 12th, '14 Character Crawl 5K
    April 13th, '14 Graffiti Run
    April 25th, '14 BICENTENNIAL 5k
    April 27th, '14 Soul to Sole 5k
    May 10th, '14 Pirate & Princess 5k
    May 17th, '14 Bridge the Gap 5k

And I will be completing my first triathlon either Aug 9th or 10th.
  • denny_menter
    denny_menter Posts: 34 Member
    I'm only planning for one specific race right now - Grandmas Marathon (MN). I will likely choose a fall marathon later. If any smaller, convenient races come up along the way I'll run them too :)
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    My first half marathon - 16th of March. Its crossing the border, heading from Newry in Northern Ireland to Dundalk in the Republic. Have driven the route countless times, so will be fun running it ( gulp)
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Just registered for a very fun race: The Scream half marathon in North Carolina. Since it descends over 2,000 vertical feet, it is super fast, and known as a PR course. I would never count this race as a PR, but this year I'm thinking about trying something a little tougher: Starting early at the finish line, running up to the start, and then doing the race.

http://www.thescream.blueridgemultisports.com/home.html
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Tomorrow, the Bath Half marathon, I was hoping for a new PR, but I have been selling my house and trying to buy a new one. Very stressful which has impacted on my training, and now, for the last week , I have had a sore throat, cough, and cold, you know "man flu", so we'll see.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    I'm running the MudDogs 10k on Saturday, the last in a winter race series. Don't know what to expect. I PR'd in the February race, but my training has been a bit off since that race between bad weather, illness and now a nagging pain in my right foot. All 3 of my sisters and a niece are running too, so this time I think I'll enjoy the time with them and not worry about my time.
  • snshine1028
    snshine1028 Posts: 44 Member
    1/4/2014 - New Year's Race 1/2 Marathon (Los Angeles)
    4/5/2014 - Hollywood Half Marathon
    7/27/2014 - San Francisco Half Marathon

I'm adding two more races

5/4/2014 - OC Half Marathon
    10/12/2014 - Long Beach Half Marathon
    MIght as well add Surf City and get the Beach Cities Challenge; Surf City and SFM together also gets you the "California Dreaming" medal.

I'm planning to do the Surf City in 2015 and I'll get the Beach Cities Challenge =)
  • BonnieGirl2608
    BonnieGirl2608 Posts: 6 Member
    50km on the Gold Coast, June Long Weekend. Any one else doing this?
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Just registered for a very fun race: The Scream half marathon in North Carolina. Since it descends over 2,000 vertical feet, it is super fast, and known as a PR course. I would never count this race as a PR, but this year I'm thinking about trying something a little tougher: Starting early at the finish line, running up to the start, and then doing the race.

http://www.thescream.blueridgemultisports.com/home.html

I'm scared to do a downhill race...won't that shred your quads? I guess that is only if you are holding back though...I agree it would be fun to go super fast downhill the whole time! Good luck with the trek up! :)
  • MIRunnerMom
    MIRunnerMom Posts: 22 Member
    @Daisy471 Did you like that series? My parents live there and I have always contemplated doing one of the races while I was visiting.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    I added and removed a few races but I think this is the final schedule for the remainder of 2014. Some of these are just for fun. The Savannah Marathon is my main target race this year.

4/5 Dirty Spokes Olde Rope Mill 3.1 Mi Trail Running Race, Woodstock, Ga.
    4/12 Dirty Spokes Mt Tabor 4.0 Mi Trail Running Race, Dallas, Ga.
    4/19 Dirty Spokes Peach Jam Half Marathon, Cumming, GA
    5/10 Dirty Spokes Harbins Park 3.5 Mi Trail Running Race, Dacula, Ga.
    6/21 Dirty Spokes Haw Creek Park 2.85 Mi Trail Running Race, Cumming, Ga.
    7/4 Peachtree Road Race 10K, Atlanta GA
    7/19 Dirty Spokes Sawnee Mtn 4.0 Mi Trail Running Race, Cumming, Ga.
    8/2 Dirty Spokes Red Top Roaster 9.9 Mile Trail Running Race, Cartersville, Ga.
    9/20 Smoky Mountains Half Marathon, Townsend TN
    10/4 Michelob 13.1 Half Marathon, Cumming, GA
    11/8 Rock 'n Roll Marathon, Savannah GA
    12/6-7 One Epic Run 24-Hour Run, Spartanburg SC
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    DanMan trail run Saturday April 5th. I will be in the 10K event. They also have 1/2 Marathon, Marathon and 50 mile events.
    http://www.danmanrun.com
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    I'm scared to do a downhill race...won't that shred your quads? I guess that is only if you are holding back though...I agree it would be fun to go super fast downhill the whole time! Good luck with the trek up! :)

Yes, yes it will.

You can minimize it by doing downhill repeats in training. :)
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    I've got a trail 3.5 miler in 5 weeks and then a road 5K 2 weeks after that.
  • brentb71
    brentb71 Posts: 41 Member
    Zydeco Marathon in Lafayette, LA in only 4 days! My very first marathon. I am way more nervous than I thought I would be and this taper is killing me!
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Well, I get to add the NY City Marathon to my schedule this year! I managed to get a lottery slot. So, that will be my fall marathon. :drinker:
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    I've got my sight set on a New Year's Eve marathon in Bellingham, WA called "Last Chance". Took a break from marathons after a dreadful experience at the Portland Marathon in 2010 but am itching to get back to it! Nice to meet you all!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Trying to do 12 halfs this year, but might make it to 14. I've done 4 already -

January - Rain Run Half
    February - Frost Eagle Half (trail)
    March - Lake Sammammish Half
    Mercer Island Half

Upcoming - registered or planned:
    March: Dash Point 10K trail run with my kids (registered)
    April - Heroes Half
    May - Grand Ridge Half (trail)
    Sage Rat Half (registered)
    Sage Rat 15K (registered)
    June - Rock and Roll Half
    July - Edmonds 5K
    Firecracker 5000
    Lord Hill Half (trail)
    August - Grand Ridge Half
    Magnuson Half or 15K
    September -Skagit Flats Half
    October - Leavenworth Half
    November - Seattle Half
    December - Jingle Bell Dash
    probably Last Chance Half (there aren't many halfs in december around here!)

I put my name in the Chicago marathon lottery. If I get picked, it looks like I may be training for a marathon this year. Otherwise, I'll hope to get into Big Sur next year.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Have a few that I am scheduled up to do through June:

April: Fairway 5K...and maybe what ever else my silly running sisters drag me to lol
    May: Memphis in May 10K and Zoom through the Zoo 4 miler
    June: Navy 10NM