"You're the fattest skinny girl I've ever met."

1234568»

Replies

• Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    lmao! yeah when people know you are generally a healthy and whatnot person after you lost weight they tend to be astonished when you eat something that's not considered healthy. Like they want you to keep to your goal but at the same time it seems to be in some peoples nature to gawk at what seems to be failure.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    People can be real insensitive sometimes. But how can you be fat and skinny at the same time o.O wouldn't that be average?
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Seriously? Creep 101. Seriously though?

Ya. Was totally like, "And here you see the wild weightlifter girl in her natural habitat. Eating Talenti gelato straight out of the container. Fascinating. "
    Wait. Am I supposed to read that with my David Attenborough voice or my "Crocodile Hunter" voice?

I heard David Attenborough all the way-- with that hushed sort of voice he uses, like he's trying to avoid startling the subject... in the video he's watching in the sound studio.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    it baffles me that people are still convinced to lose weight and be fit you have to eat like a rabbit. I have never been obese (only overweight in pregnancy of course) and have never not eaten certain foods or been in restrictive diets. I did restrict calories when I was an idiot (1000 to 1200 calories) now I restrict as little as possible.

I say embrace the pizza and the ice cream just don't eat a gallon of ice cream and a large pizza a day. :)
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Wow, I thought my family was crazy. I don't know if they would go that far though. I have had plenty of family members pull me aside over the years and tell me about how I needed to get my weight under control and then offer some ineffective advice. I'm glad my family events are restricted to Thanksgiving and Christmas (although I wish they weren't so close together).

On the husband front I am completely lucky. He knows that I know what I'm doing and never questions what I do or don't eat. In fact tonight he offered to buy me a pretzel from Wetzel's before I went to see a movie with my cousin. I told him I didn't have the calories for it and he dropped it. He knows pretty well how this site works and he is also just super supportive of everything I do.
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    I get the same thing from my family..
    If I'm eating a meal or junk food, I'll get pig noises (No really, my mother OINKS at me!) but if i'm eating a piece of fruit or a salad, etc, I hear "Oh, she's torturing herself to get skinny".. :noway:
    God forbid I lift a weight or sweat at all around them, because then I'm "going to look like a huge muscle-man" and the bad Arnold impersonations start..

I've found that I can drink water around them without feedback, but not from a shaker bottle, because we all know that shaker bottles = bulky dude-arms.. I'm not exactly sure what *is* acceptable to do or ingest around them, so my solution so far has been to avoid them all. My house is more fun anyway - and we always have Talenti!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    If I'm eating a meal or junk food, I'll get pig noises (No really, my mother OINKS at me!) but if i'm eating a piece of fruit or a salad, etc, I hear "Oh, she's torturing herself to get skinny".. :noway:
    God forbid I lift a weight or sweat at all around them, because then I'm "going to look like a huge muscle-man" and the bad Arnold impersonations start..

I've found that I can drink water around them without feedback, but not from a shaker bottle, because we all know that shaker bottles = bulky dude-arms.. I'm not exactly sure what *is* acceptable to do or ingest around them, so my solution so far has been to avoid them all. My house is more fun anyway - and we always have Talenti!

OMG the pig noises would make me liable to punch someone!!

I told my husband if they spent a week living at my house, they'd think I was a medical marvel with everything I eat.

Oh and the lifting thing! Ha. My mom"warned" me when I first started to never lift over 50 lbs or I'd get bulky because she used to work at an ice cream shop when she was younger and pumping the ice cream gave her man arms :noway: I can definitely lift more now and I have yet to see these manly arms. Lol
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    it baffles me that people are still convinced to lose weight and be fit you have to eat like a rabbit. I have never been obese (only overweight in pregnancy of course) and have never not eaten certain foods or been in restrictive diets. I did restrict calories when I was an idiot (1000 to 1200 calories) now I restrict as little as possible.

I say embrace the pizza and the ice cream just don't eat a gallon of ice cream and a large pizza a day. :)

What about a pint?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234119-30-day-gelato-ice-cream-cleanse-diet

:tongue:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member

OMG the pig noises would make me liable to punch someone!!

I told my husband if they spent a week living at my house, they'd think I was a medical marvel with everything I eat.

Oh and the lifting thing! Ha. My mom"warned" me when I first started to never lift over 50 lbs or I'd get bulky because she used to work at an ice cream shop when she was younger and pumping the ice cream gave her man arms :noway: I can definitely lift more now and I have yet to see these manly arms. Lol

Ksk, I can't believe that your family says such awful things to you. It looks like you've made some amazing progress; you'd think they'd just be happy for you. : /

Lol! I have yet to see any manly arms, as well... and I can clean and jerk > 100 pounds now, so... I guess I've been doing it wrong? I should go work at an ice cream shop :wink: Maybe a Coldstone so I have the added work of mixing the ice cream on a slab...
  • vals83
    vals83 Posts: 63 Member
    Haters gonna hate little mama. That's what i learned. If I'm having a protein drink or shoving 13 wings in my mouth. Someone will have something to say! Never fails. I workout to eat. JK but kinda true. Just brush it off and enjoy your ice cream. Less fat than a candy bar!
  • vals83
    vals83 Posts: 63 Member
    Posted this on FB yesterday with a thank you message to my sister and Mom. Added, "Almost polished it off"

11rfb49.jpg

for your interested, it's delicious... but I've never had a Talenti flavor I didn't like :P

I loved the pistachio one, you must try the Raspberry one! OMG!! To DIE FOR!
  • silenthunder
    silenthunder Posts: 12 Member
    never ceases to amaze me how ignorant and rude people can be about what appropriate diet is. especially the people who think that me putting any kind of food in my mouth is an invitation for them to start talking to me about my eating habits.

my mother stares at my belly when she feels I ate something she calls 'junk'. so I try to make fun of her by staring at my own belly, then jiggling it a little, and then sometimes saying things like "i hope its a boy".
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Family tends to make awkward/silly/hurtful (intentionally or not) comments. My mother every time we plan eat a meal together, "I don't know if it's on your diet, but we could have/get/go to....[insert delicious food/restaurant]" She is supportive and has gotten better, but this comment bugs me everytime.