Wow! Import from Allrecipes!!!

13»

Replies

• SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    I just found this and tried it a few days ago-worked great! As said above, you need to read and correct wording, such as "2 eggs, lightly beat" you need to remove the words "lightly beat". Need to have just the measurement and ingredient only. Then when you submit, MFP searches for matching ingredients in it's database. If not found, you have the choice to manually look for it yourself. I couldn't CHANGE the ingredient but I could delete it and enter manually. Wnen I was all done I was suprised to see that it imported the picture that showed with the recipe on it's source site. ALSO_it added a link back to the original source site that you can click on the go to it and review the preparation instructions! Nice new feature that will most likely get tweaked and improved as it is used more!
  • StickingWithIt2015
    StickingWithIt2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Bump
  • ginnylee75
    ginnylee75 Posts: 29 Member
    Bump for later when I have time to try.:bigsmile:
  • FANTASTIC!! Thank you for sharing!
  • patrickd123
    patrickd123 Posts: 5 Member
    Oh my god!!! Just too good to be true. And it works perfectly, like a charm! I was a fan of myfitnesspal for years, now I'm a fan for life!!!!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Don't do it! You need to enter your own ingredients. Recipes like this never give the right amount of calories per serving... and as you still can't edit recipes anyway without retyping all the ingredients, just do it from scratch...
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Bump...thanks!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Hey thanks for sharing this! It's going to save me so much time and I can even edit the recipes! woot.
  • elemkc
    elemkc Posts: 43 Member
    I just noticed it as well and i LOVE it!
  • nice one
  • stacysjourney
    stacysjourney Posts: 52 Member
    I just tried it and it worked! IT WORKED! :) Now my fingers can rest a bit
  • dlbaron
    dlbaron Posts: 79 Member
    ah! awesome! tagging
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    My favourite function, I use it all the time :)
  • Spicy Peach Chutney.
    Directions.

In a large heavy pot, stir together the peaches, raisins, garlic, onion, preserved ginger, chili powder, mustard seed, curry powder, brown sugar and cider vinegar. Wrap the pickling spice in a cheesecloth bag, and place in the pot.
    Bring to a boil, and cook over medium heat uncovered until the mixture reaches your desired consistency. It will take about 1 1/2 hours to get a good thick sauce. Stir frequently to prevent scorching on the bottom.
    Fanale Drinks