MFP Measuring Team August

Good morning all, I have noticed that a lot of you prefer measuring to track your progress. Well I thought starting a message board would be great support for us to share our secrets, track our progress and give advice. I started MFP in May, and I have really changed my lifestyle around. I will share with you my height, my starting measurements and my most resent measurements. Please feel free to add your goal measurements so you can help someone set there own goal measurements as well. As you will see I don’t have goal measurements because I don’t know what they should be but I am hoping that talking with you guys will help me and others. As far as checking in with your measurements we can do so every 2 weeks or as often as you would like to post. Thanks so much guys can’t wait to here your stories.

5’7” Female
Start Current Goal
Stomach 44” 32” ?
Waist 44” 32” ?
Hips 46” 38” ?
Arms 16” 12” ?
Neck 16” 13” ?

Replies

• country
    country Posts: 57
    Good morning all, I have noticed that a lot of you prefer measuring to track your progress. Well I thought starting a message board would be great support for us to share our secrets, track our progress and give advice. I started MFP in May, and I have really changed my lifestyle around. I will share with you my height, my starting measurements and my most resent measurements. Please feel free to add your goal measurements so you can help someone set there own goal measurements as well. As you will see I don’t have goal measurements because I don’t know what they should be but I am hoping that talking with you guys will help me and others. As far as checking in with your measurements we can do so every 2 weeks or as often as you would like to post. Thanks so much guys can’t wait to here your stories.

5’7” Female
    Start Current Goal
    Stomach 44” 32” ?
    Waist 44” 32” ?
    Hips 46” 38” ?
    Arms 16” 12” ?
    Neck 16” 13” ?
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Country
    I love the idea and would love to do this but how do you determine the "right" measurement for a goal?
    Beth
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Great Idea to start up a measuring team!!! Thanks country!! :flowerforyou:

I measure in a way that I'm sure I'm measuring in the same place each time. I do this every couple weeks (or whenever I have enough time in the morning before getting ready). I last measured on 07/15/08 - will probably measure again next week sometime. I'll post again when I do!!

I started MFP on 02/11/08:
    Height: 5' 5"

Beginning weight: 146.0 pounds
    Current weight: 137.5 pounds (lost 8.5 pounds)
    Goal weight: 130.0 pounds (7.5 more to go!!)

Bust (with same bra on): Was 38.5"
    Bust as of 07/15/08: Now 36.5"

At belly button: Was 33.0"
    At belly button as of 07/15/08): Now 31.25"

2" below belly button: Was 35.5" (this is where my pooch is that I want to get rid of)
    2" below belly button as of 07/15/08: Now 33.5"

6" below belly button (hips): Was 40.5"
    6" below belly button as of 07/15/08: Now 39.25"

Right Thigh (3 inches below pubis): Was 22.5"
    Right Thigh as of 07/15/08: Now 21.5"

Left Thigh (3 inches below pubis): Was 22.5"
    Left Thigh as of 07/15/08: Now 21.25"

Total inches lost in these places from 02/11/08 until 07/15/08 .......... 9.25 inches!!!!

If you second guess yourself if you are measuring in the same place each time this is a good way to be sure - find a point on your body and make your measuring guidelines from there. It has worked well for me so far!!
  • country
    Beth,

I am not sure how to determine a goal measurement. My idea is that if we share our heights and our measurements we can get an idea what an average measurement would be for our height. Plus I think it would be great to see how many inches people have lost because for me I am showing more progress with inches lost then pounds lost. I think it would be great support and encouragement for us.

Country
  • country
    Wow Mom and Wife you have this down. Thanks so much for sharing. And I agree with you that you should always measure in the same place each time. Oh and everyone add your total inches lost if you want to, what a great idea. My total inches lost is 39”.
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    I will follow MomandWifes lead and just measure all those spots and just not set a goal except to fit back into my size 5 will that work?
  • country
    I am sorry Beth I think my first post may have been confusing. I haven’t set goals and you don’t have to set them either. The measurements posted were when I start and what I am now. But I wish I had a target measurement though. People have target weights why not have a target measurement???

5’7” Female

Stomach – Start 44” Current 32”
    Waist – Start 44” Current 32”
    Hips – Start 46” Current 38”
    Arms – Start 16” Current 12”
    Neck – Start 16” Current 13”

Total lost = 39”
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    I'm 5'3"
    I have rolls above and below my waist, so I track those numbers, too.

measurement start current
    weight 268 258
    neck 15 3/8" 14 1/8"
    waist 46" 41.75"
    hips 54.5" 51.5"
    tummy 57" 54 1/4"
    above bellybutton 48 3/4" 45
    thigh 31 1/4" 30 1/2"
    bust 51 1/2" 48 1/2"

total inches lost since mid June 2008=18 3/4"
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    I want in on this! I did not measure myself at the beginning of it all but will start fresh now. I have not lost that much and have never devoted myself to the site. I have been reading posts ALOT lately to get myself geared up to start putting my all into it. I am luck enough to have a neighbor who is a cardio nurse and a sister-in-law who has her bachelors in Exercise and Movement Science. They have both signed up to help me on my journey! I am maid of honor for my BFF in May 2009 and owe her my very best!!! I have almost exactly 9 mths and 55 to 60 pounds to loose!

Here are my stats!

I started MFP March 2008
    Height: 5' 7" Female

Beginning weight: 208
    Current weight: 197
    Goal weight: 140

Bust 39.25

At belly button: 43"

2" below belly button: Was 43.25

6" below belly button (hips): 43

Right Thigh (3 inches below pubis): 22.5

Left Thigh (3 inches below pubis): Was 22.75

ok, so how often is everyone measuring themselves. I like the idea of once per mth. I think more often would not bring encouraging results. I may be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong. Good luck to all! I cant wait to check in and be a looser! :happy:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    I want in on this! I did not measure myself at the beginning of it all but will start fresh now. I have not lost that much and have never devoted myself to the site. I have been reading posts ALOT lately to get myself geared up to start putting my all into it. I am luck enough to have a neighbor who is a cardio nurse and a sister-in-law who has her bachelors in Exercise and Movement Science. They have both signed up to help me on my journey! I am maid of honor for my BFF in May 2009 and owe her my very best!!! I have almost exactly 9 mths and 55 to 60 pounds to loose!

Here are my stats!

I started MFP March 2008
    Height: 5' 7" Female

Beginning weight: 208
    Current weight: 197
    Goal weight: 140

Bust 39.25

At belly button: 43"

2" below belly button: Was 43.25

6" below belly button (hips): 43

Right Thigh (3 inches below pubis): 22.5

Left Thigh (3 inches below pubis): Was 22.75

ok, so how often is everyone measuring themselves. I like the idea of once per mth. I think more often would not bring encouraging results. I may be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong. Good luck to all! I cant wait to check in and be a looser! :happy:

Good for you!!! :flowerforyou: The measurements that you took are the same as me - I have also seen people post that they take measurements around their neck, bicep region (measure up from elbow crease), forearm region (measure down from elbow crease), lower thigh region (measure down even further from pubis - or up from knee crease), calf region (measure down from knee crease) and anywhere else you would like to see inches lost.

I started out measuring myself every 2 weeks - now I find myself measuring about once a month ..... avoiding "that" time of the month of course. :tongue:

Here's to all of the "big losers" out there in MFP-land!!!!!! :drinker:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    I actually used yours as a basis for my measurements. Seemed like the right places to base it off of. I am excited to go for this!
  • country
    Welcome Faithstephenson and Pdxmomof2! I think this is great that all of us are willing to put our measurements out there. Tracking our measurements once a month is fine with me as well. How about we post our results at the beginning of each month, what do you guys think?
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Welcome Faithstephenson and Pdxmomof2! I think this is great that all of us are willing to put our measurements out there. Tracking our measurements once a month is fine with me as well. How about we post our results at the beginning of each month, what do you guys think?