30 DAY GELATO | ICE CREAM CLEANSE DIET

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    How the HECK can you lose weigh from eating ice cream everyday ? That happened to me an I gained 10 pounds from Ben&Jerry's strawberry cheesecake Ice cream

maintain a calorie deficit …

you gained ten pounds because you were in a calorie surplus, not because you ate ice cream.

I am in a cut right now and have been eaten ice cream almost every night and am down about three pounds in three weeks….
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    How the HECK can you lose weigh from eating ice cream everyday ? That happened to me an I gained 10 pounds from Ben&Jerry's strawberry cheesecake Ice cream

Quite easily.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    I can't handle this kind of nonsense...I have to save my calories to cleanse with swedish fish, sour patch kids, and the like...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I can't handle this kind of nonsense...I have to save my calories to cleanse with swedish fish, sour patch kids, and the like...

Sour patch kids? Where?

I bite hands over sour patch kids, so you should just hand them over nice and easy.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member

as long as you are eating at a deficit you will not gain weight.

While I am not trying to lose weight and am not eating at a deficit, i am maintaining my current weight (and have been successful at it for quite some time) while enjoying all sorts of delicious treats like ice cream, gelato, donuts, cupcakes, cookies, muffins etc;....

I am meticulous about weighing my foods & keeping an accurate log of everything I eat. I make sure that i hit my macros & stay under (or right at) my daily goal. trust me, it works. :smile:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Day 1: Breyer's Tiramisu Gelato; 1/2 cup; 8/10; strong espresso and cream flavors, needs moar ladyfingers. Would bang again.
    Day 2: Ben & Jerry's Hazed and Confused Core; 1 cup; 7/10; really digging the hazelnut flavored ice cream and the hazelnut fudge "core," chocolate ice cream flavor is pretty standard, not a huge fan of fudge chip speed bumps. Enjoyable, but I probably won't buy it again.
    Day 3: Went to the new market by the gym to look at their interesting ice cream flavors, but I got side tracked by their hard cider options... 330 calories of delicious hard cider later, I realized there was no way to fit ice cream into my day. Wah wah. But the two days on the cleanse appears to be working; I was down a pound yesterday. I must resolve to get back on track today.
    Day 4: Breyer's Tiramisu Gelato; 1 cup. Pretty sure that Iliftheavyacrylic is correct; whoever approved the "servings per container" or the serving weight must be dead behind the eyes.
    Day 5: It happened again. Went to the new market to look at ice creams; got distracted by cider. On the plus side, I'm trying some really interesting artisanal ciders. :wink:

Has anyone tried Talenti's German Chocolate Cake gelato? I saw it in the freezer before the cider dragged me away.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member

Day 6 - Talenti - Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip - 230 cals - 13/f/25c/4p. Really nice flavor, very creamy. Tastes just like a Dark Chocolate Raspberry candy bar. Raspberry Gelato with Dark chocolate shavings which provide a nice crunch, but melt in your mouth since they're so thin. I would give it a 9.5/10, but this is because I still can't get that damn cardamom ginger out of my mind.

7iPQvr2.jpg?1

Looking to try your picks for days one, three and five, already have the Talenti Black Raspberry in the freezer for tmrw night so I'm glad you gave it such a glowing review and I didn't waste $4.

Tonight's Stop & Shop / Giant brand Banana Fudge Chunk was quite good...I'm not one to eat a large quantity of ice cream in one sitting, but I grabbed the pint and a spoon and I actually had to consciously stop myself from eating the whole thing, probably ended up with 1-1.5 servings. Indistinguishable from B&J Chunky Monkey, IMO. Good banana flavor, lots of yummy fudge chunks and adequate walnuts (I would have preferred more, but I always want more nuts) I buy the pricier brands only when they are on sale, but this store brand would make it into my freezer again if I couldn't find a favorite on the cheap.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Day 1: Breyer's Tiramisu Gelato; 1/2 cup; 8/10; strong espresso and cream flavors, needs moar ladyfingers. Would bang again.
    Day 2: Ben & Jerry's Hazed and Confused Core; 1 cup; 7/10; really digging the hazelnut flavored ice cream and the hazelnut fudge "core," chocolate ice cream flavor is pretty standard, not a huge fan of fudge chip speed bumps. Enjoyable, but I probably won't buy it again.
    Day 3: Went to the new market by the gym to look at their interesting ice cream flavors, but I got side tracked by their hard cider options... 330 calories of delicious hard cider later, I realized there was no way to fit ice cream into my day. Wah wah. But the two days on the cleanse appears to be working; I was down a pound yesterday. I must resolve to get back on track today.
    Day 4: Breyer's Tiramisu Gelato; 1 cup. Pretty sure that Iliftheavyacrylic is correct; whoever approved the "servings per container" or the serving weight must be dead behind the eyes.
    Day 5: It happened again. Went to the new market to look at ice creams; got distracted by cider. On the plus side, I'm trying some really interesting artisanal ciders. :wink:

Has anyone tried Talenti's German Chocolate Cake gelato? I saw it in the freezer before the cider dragged me away.

German Chocolate Cake is FREAKIN AWESOME! It's a chocolate gelato with tiny coconut flakes, candied pecan pieces, and a caramel swirl. Must buy, as it's a limited edition. 10/10
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Looking to try your picks for days one, three and five, already have the Talenti Black Raspberry in the freezer for tmrw night so I'm glad you gave it such a glowing review and I didn't waste $4.

Tonight's Stop & Shop / Giant brand Banana Fudge Chunk was quite good...I'm not one to eat a large quantity of ice cream in one sitting, but I grabbed the pint and a spoon and I actually had to consciously stop myself from eating the whole thing, probably ended up with 1-1.5 servings. Indistinguishable from B&J Chunky Monkey, IMO. Good banana flavor, lots of yummy fudge chunks and adequate walnuts (I would have preferred more, but I always want more nuts) I buy the pricier brands only when they are on sale, but this store brand would make it into my freezer again if I couldn't find a favorite on the cheap.

I hope I don't let you down!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member

German Chocolate Cake is FREAKIN AWESOME! It's a chocolate gelato with tiny coconut flakes, candied pecan pieces, and a caramel swirl. Must buy, as it's a limited edition. 10/10
    Well, while I may not have immediately regretted my cider-cision, I do now.
    tumblr_m2cerp9x7v1r0c2o8.gif

Tomorrow is a new day...

... for German Chocolate Cake gelato.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member

I gave up candy and bakery treats for Lent so ice cream is my happy place...once Easter comes, it is open season on sour patch kids. My face is going to be stuck in a sour pucker for a week.
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Day 1: Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Fudge Core
    Day 2: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter
    Day 3: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter
    Day 4: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter
    Day 5: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter
    Day 6: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter
    Day 7: The RAM Restaurant & Brewery- Strawberry Ice Cream Cupcake (Slow-churned sweet cream & real strawberry Dreyer’s ice cream. Layered with white cake. White chocolate cupcake shell).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Day 1 -Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby (do I get bonus points if I had it as part of a Red Velvet Pop-Tart ice-cream sammich?
    3c000771-dd59-40db-a135-190253cf3ba0_zps73af1951.jpg
    - Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra (although only about 1/2 serving)
    Day 2 - Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream: Sweet Potato with Scorched Marshmallows - 1 1/2 servings
    29b9180e-fc67-413b-962a-a25388dbeed1_zpsf2b93eac.jpg
    Day 3 - Haagen Dazs Capuccino Gelato - 2 servings
    f82d0c6a-e84a-4994-a2f1-232b7a0581ed_zps68a6bb4a.jpg
    Update: I kinda ended up eating 3 servings of the HD Cappuccino and a serving of BnJ Chocolate Therapy
    c9eaf90e-65b9-4955-a442-6ddf4431eaae_zps2ed6e664.jpg
    Day 4 - About 3/4 of a serving each, eaten together of Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel Core and Three Twins Mocha Difference
    55e6dd5a-d891-44cc-8598-f9027cd56b09_zpsbb53ad48.jpga1186816-2bad-4b5d-af74-666f9a5a332d_zps2bff7e28.jpg
    I may not be done for the night!
    Day 5 - So, one for the vegans and lactose intolerant today.. Genuto Chai Latte. This is a really nice non-dairy one. The texture is really rich, smooth and creamy - more like a gelato than an ice-cream and so much better than the coconut or just almond based ice creams. The base is a mix of nuts - cashews, pistachios and almonds - although you cannot taste the nuts. It is a local 'artisan' one and pretty spendy, but worth for the occasional serving. They have other flavors as well, some of which I want to get: http://genuto.com/ I had 1 1/4 servings.
    88faea4d-61d8-47bf-bf63-695ce3b21c15_zpsed239042.jpg
    Day 6 - So, after a shopping trip to three stores where I came away with a total haul of 24 pints for a ridiculous amount of money, I decided to try Steve's Craft Ice Cream - Bklyn Blackout which, per the label is "Milk Chocolate Ice Cream Swirled with Chocolate Stout Cake Pieces and Dark Chocolate Pudding". I have to say though, it really was not worth the 280 calories. Very nice smooth chocolaty base, but not too much else going on and I really could not find the mix-ins. Maybe they are the bottom. I have had one of their flavors before and the base is really good, so I am going to try a few more http://shop.stevesicecream.com/collections/all-flavors
    68f07489-5f93-42c8-abc1-fba365960a03_zpsb108e0f5.jpg
    Day 7 -
    Day 8 -
    Day 9 -
    Day 10 -
    Day 11 -
    Day 12 -
    Day 13 -
    Day 14 -
    Day 15 -
    Day 16 -
    Day 17 -
    Day 18 -
    Day 19 -
    Day 20 -
    Day 21 -
    Day 22 -
    Day 23 -
    Day 24 -
    Day 25 -
    Day 26 -
    Day 27 -
    Day 28 -
    Day 29 -
    Day 30 -
    [/quote]
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Day1: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel (1 cup)
    Day2: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel (1 cup), Kroger Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich
    Day3: Talenti Belgian Chocolate (1 cup)
    Day4: House-made Beet Granita Sorbet(1/2C) on a brownie, plus a mid-day metabolism boost from a Latino Heat cupcake
    Day5: Tillamook Grandma's Cake Batter 2C
    Day6: Stone Ridge Creamery Caramel Cheesecake 2C
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    All fresh daily custard flavors at a local joint. Im cutting weight so I'm eating these 75c baby cones. Imma hit 10% while doing this cleanse. Moderation is key brah.

Day 1:Heath Brickle Crunch
    Day 2:Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Day 3:chocolate
    Day 4:Blueberry Buzz 21+

rode a marathon so i ate a full scoop today
  • SallyFTW
    SallyFTW Posts: 36
    this sounds crazy. I like it.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    So has anyone had their guts cleansed out yet from the gelato?
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Day 1: 1/2 cup Haagen Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip Gelato + 1/2 cup Front Porch Chocolate Rocker
    Day 2: 1 cup Blue Bell Kentucky Delight
    Day 3: 1/2 cup Blue Bell Kentucky Delight (mmm pie crust pieces)
    Day 4: 1 cup Ben & Jerry's Hazed and Confused Core
    Day 5: 3/4 cup Sam's Choice Coffee & Donuts
    Day 6: 1/2 cup Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake
    Day 7: 1/2 cup Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans

I literally have over 20 pints in my freezer plus a few half gals. Hoarder probz.

ETA: I've lost 3 lbs :smokin: ... although I just switched back to eating at a deficit... but obviously it's due to the cleanse.