Finally At Healthy BMI

I started my weight loss journey in January 2013 and I weighed in at over 200lbs - I was officially classed as obese. Having that label applied to me was a shock and gave me the push I needed to improve my health and aim to get back to an acceptable weight. I am excited to say that today I just nudged in to the Healthy BMI range. I still have a way to go yet before I hit my target weight of 65kgs, but I feel proud that I've got this far. Things can only get better from here. :-) Yay!!!

Replies

• lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Awesome! I look forward to one day joining the healthy bmi club. Good for you.
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Thank you! I'll be cheering on as you come over the line to join me!!! :-)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Congrats, that's great news!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Woo hoo! Congrats. I'm less than 5 lbs from normal bmi myself... I'm so stinking excited. Can't wait to join you at healthy/normal.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    i remember this day. i was also over 220 lbs and was considered "obese" just a year ago, and i remember the very day i broke into the "NORMAL" range on the BMI scale, i cried my freaking eyes out.

you should be SO proud of yourself . good for you. what a wonderful accomplishment.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Yay! Congrats to you!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Way to go, a great accomplishment!
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Congratz!!! That's one of my mini goals I've only got around 7lbs to go. I'm hoping to get there by June :)
  • wannabesexyat46
    wannabesexyat46 Posts: 5 Member
    Was updating my weight and just generally 'clicking around' the site when I came across the BMI index. Boy was I surprised to see I've finally hit my ' healthy' weight in terms of my BMI.....even if I am dead on the top end of the range, lol.
    So glad I decided to try this program, even though I'm sure I'm driving my kids and boyfriend crazy with my new habits! Yay me :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    I am also looking forward for that big event in my life - to reach the healthy BMI!!

Congratulations to you!!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Congrats! What a happy occasion! You inspired me to plug my numbers into the BMI tool - hadn't looked in a while - and I have just left "obese" for "overweight"! That is a huge milestone for me too, so thanks for inspiring me to discover that piece of good news for myself today!
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Congrats!! I'm about 3-5lbs (depending on the day) off being BMI healthy :)
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Congratulations! It's a great feeling.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!