100lbs in 2 years with PICTURES

Replies

• KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Congratulations you look fabulous!! Keep up the great work!
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Congratulations on losing 100lbs you look so happy. Wishing you nothing but success on losing to what ever your goal may be.
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Congrats! Keep going, you're doing so awesome!
  • katiemegcz
    katiemegcz Posts: 49 Member
    Congratulations!!! You look wonderful! SO inspiring!
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Great work and you look so much healthier. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    WOW - GREAT JOB!!
  • ahende3
    ahende3 Posts: 46 Member
    THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    How did I do it? A lot of things...my parents & my aunt all died the same year at young ages and it kind of snapped me out of whatever mindset I was in and I just knew I was going to die if I didn't get healthy. I also got custody of my aunt's daughter and I wanted to be there for her...I started walking about 1 or 2 miles about 5 days a week. I cut WAY back on calories and I HAVE to use myfitnesspal.com every single day to stay on track. I can have 1600calories a day but I try to keep under 1200 in case I want to splurge one day, then I don't feel so guilty for it.

Congrats, big changes, big results. Tad over 1 lb a week average, that's great.

Great job with realist exercise goal too, that walking can really set you up for future exercise program that you'll keep easier.

One concern for your future though as you have more to lose. And just asking in case you haven't thought about.

Normally eating under 1200 a day except for cheat days currently.

Considering you'll have to keep eating less as you weigh less, or start exercising more to make up the difference, have you thought about how low your eating would have to go to keep showing a loss?

Because with an average loss of 1 lb a week, you probably could have eaten much more than even 1600 and caused a 500 calorie deficit this whole time, especially at the beginning.

I'm justing thinking about possible future discouragement I've seen many others mention as they've gotten further down the road then you. While slower loss is better, it's not when the body forces that on you.

Does aunt's daughter head out with you now, what fun spring time training for her too. Get that healthy lifestyle down now.
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    I don't get over here to the message boards very often, and am so glad that I did today, to read your post. You really are FABULOUS! Keep doing what you're doing- it's working for you! I'll see you at the finish line!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Great work!! You look much younger and happier!! Excited to see what the next 100lbs off will do for you.
  • Now, that's what I call dedication and commitment! Great job! Be sure to post when you drop the second 100. I'll be looking for it.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    BlueOrchidMoo
    . . . And most importantly...I stopped hanging around and doing things for people that didn't care about me. You have to get rid of negativity in your life and truly believe you are FABULOUS and absolutely worth all of the hard work.

This is seriously important advice. Scrap the negativity. I'm struggling with this one.

You're doing great, OP. So impressed with your inner strength and determination. You're a really special person and your niece is fortunate to have you!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Congratulations!!! You are doing so well. Keep up your good work!
  • Sirenasdeath
    Sirenasdeath Posts: 11 Member
    You look amazing!! im so jealous!! Keep it up!! :)
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Wanted to share this too...it's a process. It takes time. I always had a problem with instant gratification. Like if people didn't notice when I lost 20lbs, I gave up. They didn't even really notice when I lost 50lbs because it was over such a period of time. You have to remember who you're doing this for...YOURSELF.

166ysmv.jpg

Wonderful, reading your comments I feel the positive energy that you have. All the best for next 100... U already look amazing!!!
  • kimmerd37
    kimmerd37 Posts: 24 Member
    Awesome! You look wonderful!
  • sunnykay2014
    sunnykay2014 Posts: 29 Member
    100lbs loss is a huge accomplishment. Keep up the hard work!
  • Wow, you look like a different person. You look prettier, vibrant, younger, happier and confident in looking at your previous photo and your present photo. Confidence really stands out for me because I use to weigh 298 lbs. and now I'm down to 227.4 lbs.Everyone tells me I look happier, more energetic and look nice. I just want to wish you good luck on your new journey, much success and pat yourself on the shoulder plus be proud of yourself. If you need support I'm here.
  • wow, you look great, your on the right track.
    i have been told not to go under 1200 cal a day. so be careful
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Amazing, well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!