Homemade bread?

2»

Replies

• allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for put...

2 2/3 cup of self rising flour
    1 can of beer (I used mich)

mix just until the flour is wet.. no need to mix well

Bake at 375 for 55 minutes. makes awesome bread
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    I make bread all the time, and even sell it at my local farmer's market. I highly recommend the book "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" for an easy method that has very little mess and makes truly excellent crusty bread.
  • I think I could attempt it, but this is so easy. I love it.
  • tobi459
    tobi459 Posts: 15 Member
    *Bump*
  • HelmaTO
    HelmaTO Posts: 18 Member
    I make this all the time: http://www.anoregoncottage.com/whole-wheat-sandwich-bread-101/, I don't buy bread anymore really. I don't eat too much of it, but we think is is delicious and you don't need a bread maker. I add bran, oats, ground flax and sunflower seeds, replacing some of the flour. If you would like to know exactly what I do I can tell you:)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Too bad calories aren't listed with the recipe.
    I make this all the time: http://www.anoregoncottage.com/whole-wheat-sandwich-bread-101/, I don't buy bread anymore really. I don't eat too much of it, but we think is is delicious and you don't need a bread maker. I add bran, oats, ground flax and sunflower seeds, replacing some of the flour. If you would like to know exactly what I do I can tell you:)
  • suzq400
    suzq400 Posts: 4 Member
  • suzq400
    suzq400 Posts: 4 Member
    Sullivan bakery no knead bread. Google it, they have a video to show you how to make it. Takes 3 minutes. No bread machine required. Best bread ever.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Sullivan bakery no knead bread. Google it, they have a video to show you how to make it. Takes 3 minutes. No bread machine required. Best bread ever.

Totally agree!!!
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    I have a bread recipe that is really easy and hasn't let me down yet.

Mix 1 C warm water with 1 T yeast and 2 T honey
    Let it sit for 10 min or so, then mix in 1 C flour (you can use any kind, white, whole wheat, buckwheat, whatever)
    Add 1/4 C oil. Olive oil gives it a better taste than regular canola, in my opinion.
    Add 1 t salt
    Add flour until it's a nice, non sticky, doughy consistency (between 1 and 1/2 to 2 and 1/2 cups)
    Knead till all the flour is well incorporated
    Cook at 350 for bread, 375 for rolls

You can do anything you want with this recipe. Sometimes when I add the salt, I add a bunch of italian seasoning and parmesan cheese as well, to make it into italian bread. I've also used it for cinnamon rolls, pizza crust, and breadsticks. It always comes out tasting good.

Do you cover it at all and leave to rise before you cook it? I bought some yeast the other day for the first time as I want to make my own, but have no bread maker and this looks like it might be something a first timer could do!

Yes, sorry, I forgot to say, but I do let it rise for about an hour :)

This will be going on my "to-do list". I really enjoy versatile recipes like this! Thanks!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    A friend that never used her bread machine gave it to me-I love it! Our staple bread now is a rye bread without caraway plus sunflower seeds. I also love that it makes dough like pizza dough. Sadly it doesn't stand up to bagel dough despite having a recipe for it. All the recipes I have for bread are from the manual that the machine came with, but I make slight moderations i.e. coconut oil instead of veggie oil. It's nice as well to be able to cut your slice how thick you want depending on your calories/carbs.