I ate a whole box of birthday cake Oreos!

I had a very good week, and yesterday I went to the store and bought a box of birthday cake golden Oreos. I ate around 10 yesterday, and finished the box today! I feel terrible! Will I gain any weight because of this! Please help me!

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Well, two birthday cake oreos have 140 calories and 6 grams of fat.
    So 10 is roughly 700 calories and 30 grams of fat.
    Idk about the whole box.
    It really depends on how many calories you ate during the rest of the week.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Perhaps you'recutting too much out of your diet, and it's causing massive cravings. Try having a little something everyday of something you really really want. It's all about moderation.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I'm disappointed it took you two tries to eat them all. Just kidding. Figure out the calories you consumed, then work it out the rest of the week so your deficit includes those cookies, or don't and just move on and learn from the experience.
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    First... those things are delicious. Second, depending on if you have a caloric deficit or surplus at the end of they day will determine if you gain fat from those. Try to calm down. Don't buy anymore. I know if i have them in the house, they will end up in my belly so I have to stay entirely away from the god damn cookie isle in the grocery store. Focus on the rest of the day and the following days to eat clean and if... IF... you gain fat, eating at a deficit again will burn them off. You're goals cannot be shattered by one box of oreos.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Log it. Cut 100 calories from a few days to help even out your weekly total if you want. But definitely don't stress over it too much. There's no sense in beating yourself up. :)
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Serious me answer: 3500 calories = 1 lb. Watch you're diet and excercise and you can work off the Oreos. I wouldn't recommend making a habit out of eating an entire package of any snack unless it's a single serve size.

Sarcastic me answer: Congratulations, here's your award!!

Sorry, sometimes sarcastic me just has to be heard too. :-)
  • Found a label online.....

Says two birthday cake oreos are 150 calories, and there are 15 servings total in the entire box.

So, if you ate the entire box, then: 150 x 15 = 2,250 calories.

Minus the 10 oreos (750 calories) you ate yesterday: 2,250 - 750 = 1,500

You might gain half a pound, which isn't really anything to worry about, you can lose it easily in a couple of days. Just be careful next time, and if this tends to be a problem, maybe try to steer clear of the packaged goods section next time you go shopping.

Or, take a friend with you, to help motivate you to make better choices at the grocery store.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    You probably will gain water weight from it, and perhaps a little fat. If you can't control yourself around these, then I'd suggest either not buying them or buying singles (if that is an option).
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    I bet they were delicious! I woke up this morning and decided I was gonna eat whatever I want. I don't feel guilty at all. It's not a matter of having a craving or binging. It's just what I feel like doing today. Considering I've lost 12 lbs in 3 months I'm not really that concerned with having a day like this every once in a while. This is our only life, afterall. Don't have to be miserable.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    If it were me, I'd take this as a sign that I'm not eating enough in general. I find that if I'm never starving myself, then I don't tend to do binges like this.

("Tend" being the important word here. No one is perfect, of course. Any sensible plan would include a way to eat the things you love and enjoy.)
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Log it, see the minus reading at the end of the day, suck it up, and continue on your journey...BUT LOG IT!!! :drinker:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    I had a very good week, and yesterday I went to the store and bought a box of birthday cake golden Oreos. I ate around 10 yesterday, and finished the box today! I feel terrible! Will I gain any weight because of this! Please help me!

oops...oh well, time to regroup and bring out those walking shoes, gym clothes... Unless, you are going consistently over, I don't think you need to worry too much. Just don't give up.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Found a label online.....

Says two birthday cake oreos are 150 calories, and there are 15 servings total in the entire box.

So, if you ate the entire box, then: 150 x 15 = 2,250 calories.

Minus the 10 oreos (750 calories) you ate yesterday: 2,250 - 750 = 1,500

You might gain half a pound, which isn't really anything to worry about, you can lose it easily in a couple of days. Just be careful next time, and if this tends to be a problem, maybe try to steer clear of the packaged goods section next time you go shopping.

Or, take a friend with you, to help motivate you to make better choices at the grocery store.

the maths, she's beautiful!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Oh Ya... You Are For Sure Going to Do Something Like That.. Oh that Grocery Store, I tell ya.. Oh that bag... I would Have to agree 100% With It From the Other Post.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    You can only move forward. Next time you want oreos, try pre-logging them to see how they fit in your day, and then portion out the amount you decide on. Even if you want more, just take a deep breath and remind yourself that you can have more...tomorrow.

If you are over-restricting, leading to a binge, that is a separate issue to work on. Good luck!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Eh, just move on.
    I have gone on a bender a few times the last 3 weeks, and my weight is still the same.
    I have even continued to lose weight in the past, after a few bad binges, even at a small deficit.
    Body does not simply automatically gain fat from a day of overeating. It simply does not work that way. It takes consistent overeating to see permanent changes.
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Move on! Everyone makes mistakes and eats too much once in a while. It happened to me last night and I'm over it! I think that people who are successful are those that can realize that a binge or a bad meal was just a momentary lapse, but they don't let it derail them, and they make sure their next meal is healthy.

Also, if you have a good week of eating, don't reward yourself with food! Try to start thinking of food simply as nourishment for your body. Reward yourself with something that isn't food, like a new pair of shoes, earrings, a video game (whatever you like that isn't food!).
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Learn from it and move on! We all make mistakes in this journey!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    How are you not throwing up?

I love Oreo's but eating a whole box of them in 24 hours would make me ill.
  • givingitmyalltoday
    givingitmyalltoday Posts: 6 Member
    You will be okay, good advice has already been given.