Hooray!! I am no longer OBESE!!!

ginnyg
ginnyg Posts: 23 Member
yes today I managed to reach it, I am finally out of the obese camp and have moved into being overweight!! I am so pleased its hard work and every pound that comes off is a mini celebration but at 53 (ish) pounds lost I feel so much healthier!

does anyone have any suggestions for what to do to stop getting loose skin on your tummy after weightloss?? I am losing weight slowly, moisturising and exercising but do worry about what the aftermath of all this weightloss will be when i get to my target!!

G x

27826.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ginnyg
    yes today I managed to reach it, I am finally out of the obese camp and have moved into being overweight!! I am so pleased its hard work and every pound that comes off is a mini celebration but at 53 (ish) pounds lost I feel so much healthier!

does anyone have any suggestions for what to do to stop getting loose skin on your tummy after weightloss?? I am losing weight slowly, moisturising and exercising but do worry about what the aftermath of all this weightloss will be when i get to my target!!

G x

27826.png
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! you go girl!!!!
    thats awesome work!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    i can't wait until i reach that goal :smooched:

unfortunately no i dont have any tips for the loose skin as i dont know myself and have been wondering about that too
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    'Fraid I don't have any advice just a massive congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    thumbsup4kk.gifthumbsup4kk.gif

way to go!

another 50 or so pounds and I'll be there, too!

Don't know about the skin--ask Tam, she's lost over 100 pounds now, she might have some tips and tricks for all of us about that!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Great work ginny! About the skin, the only way to help that out is to lose the weight slowly and consistently giving your body time to adjust.
    Also, make sure you meet your nutrition requirements as that will help keep elasticity in the skin and work your core, while this won't help the fat much, it will firm up the muscles behind it, keeping the skin tigher.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You go gurl!!!!!!! Great job.
    Ez
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Great work!!!! Keep it up and you will make your goal!
  • That's awesome!! Congratulations!!

No advice for the loose tummy - I have the same problem -- now I just wear clothes that hold it in :)
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    I know it's drastic, but I've heard a tummy tuck does the trick. It would be a reward at the end for yourself so that you are completely happy with your body after all the hard work and goals you've accomplished!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    I know it's drastic, but I've heard a tummy tuck does the trick. It would be a reward at the end for yourself so that you are completely happy with your body after all the hard work and goals you've accomplished!
  • Congrat!!!!
    idk about the skin i have that now that im still fat lol but my hubby said that if you do workouts to tone your stomach it should work but im not sure

My mom had the tummy tuck done after 4 kids she was thin but always had this flap of skin jsut hanging after her last baby so decided to do it thought its a pretty scary thing to go through if you ask me i have to admit she now has the body of a 20 yr old she looks amazing
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Hip hip Hooray.

Good for you!
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member

Congrats! I am so looking forward to the day that my Wii stops saying "That's Obese!" to me at weigh-ins!

As far as the loose skin... no idea. I wish I knew because I am going to have a LOT of it when I am done.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Wooo hooo! You go gurl! Congrats! That's such a HUGE (all puns intended) accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself! Way ta go!
  • thats awesome, can't wait til i'm there, like 6 more pounds for me, :smile:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Congratulations:happy: I'm very happy for you:bigsmile:

Not sure about the excess skin -Lets all go to Mexico & get a "package" deal when were done!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ginnyg
    Thanks Guys!!!!

I am over the moon at losing enough to be just "overweight" rather than "obese"!!

I also have a wii fit and am encouraged everytime I step on it and my wii mii gets a bit slimmer!!!

I have been doing this weight loss thing since January and have been trying to do it really slowly (no more than 2lbs per week) because i heard that is the best way to help the skin recover but it is a huge worry that after all the exercise, dieting etc I could end up with saggy baggy skin!!

Not sure I would resort to surgery though!! the sound of that makes me cringe!!

I hope all of us that are here make our goals, reach our targets and are happier and healthier!!!!:flowerforyou:

27826.png
  • jemara49
    jemara49 Posts: 23
    Congratulations!!! I'm not sure if it's true, but once upon a time I went to WW meetings and I recall a leader telling us to make sure we drank our skim milk, because it would help with reducing loose skin as we lost weight. Maybe it has something to do with calcium intake. Research calcium benefits for skin and see if you find anything!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!