HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    bump to read
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Yes I thought it was time...6months into lifting and I have comparison pics for the ladies who want to see that lifting doesn't make you bulky...

Left pic Day 1....right pic day 180
    438efa05-4d5f-4dfc-acf0-793fb050ce43_zpsca173290.jpg

Left pic Week 10 into Lifting...right pic day 180

eaf44056-33de-4985-937c-2e5494b06204_zpsd3f39026.jpg

I am very eager to get in the next 6months...Sept 9th 2014

I do however want to thank the ladies in Part 1 and 2 of this thread you were the inspiration for me...

ETA: when I started I was 178lbs...I am now 158...I have dropped a total of almost 20inches from resistence training...7 from lifting heavy and I have dropped 5% BF from lifting, almost 10 from resistence training. I always thought 6 months was a long time but it has flown by...
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    [img]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/xodinahox/Mobile Uploads/da0c03a0-b90e-48c7-96a9-25c4808dd20c.jpg[/img]

lifting heavy : beginning - 3 months - 5 months .... It's going to take a bit more before the clothes start coming off, lol

eta : fixed photo..
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    I know that lifting is very very good for your body in many ways. So, a question for you lifters out there:

How do you keep from being really sore and tired all the time? Lifting makes me so much more sore than running, and if I lift several days in one week I also just get ongoing fatigue. This didn't happen when I was running regularly (used to run about 18 miles a week before adding some lifting to my program.)

Also, lifting makes me ravenous! Any suggestions on how to deal with these two issues?

Right now I have cut back to lifting two times a week, but I am worried that is not enough to meet my goals. Any advice?
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Bump for later. Can't wait to see how amazing everyone looks!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Bump for the hope of posting my own "bulky" success photos one day! :) You ladies are seriously inspiring!!
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    So much awesomeness in this thread!! Wish I could see the pics from parts 1 and 2! I am seriously inspired by all of this!!! Looking forward to getting started on this myself. Congrats to all, you all look AMAZING!!! :)
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    So much awesomeness in this thread!! Wish I could see the pics from parts 1 and 2! I am seriously inspired by all of this!!! Looking forward to getting started on this myself. Congrats to all, you all look AMAZING!!! :)

You should be able to see them. I recently found them and went through all three of them. In the beginning if each side is always a note: like the thread is older than 30days, pics disabled, but right underneath you can click on: show pictures :-) unfortunately you have to do that on every site again, but it's so worth it!
  • Cookie0914
    Cookie0914 Posts: 42 Member
    Lifting made me bulky too and I LOVE it:) I looked like this after I had my second baby:( YIKES!! (159lbs, 4'11)
    cf3b8ae6-f193-477a-95b4-5bc84ea00b75.jpg]58aaac10-9e86-461a-93c4-8610b3ab90a6.jpg
    Lost some weight(15 lbs) doing p90x/insanity but still looked like a marshmallow. Started Stronglifts 5x5 in Feb. of this year. I have gotten so much definition and lost 18ish more pounds. I feel like a rock star every time I deadlift weights that are heavier than me:) Before, I struggled to lift my very small kids that weigh 35 and 26 lbs.

I would rather be "bulky" than fluffy any day of the week!!!! (123lbs)
    fed32bd1-9772-448e-9ec2-e4289c751c1f.jpg
    20131003_125816.jpg
    I am not done yet but wanted to share my experience with heavy lifting!

WOW!!!!!!!!! You look amazing!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    [img]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/xodinahox/Mobile Uploads/da0c03a0-b90e-48c7-96a9-25c4808dd20c.jpg[/img]

lifting heavy : beginning - 3 months - 5 months .... It's going to take a bit more before the clothes start coming off, lol

Look at your tiny waist! You have a beautiful figure!!
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member

Look at your tiny waist! You have a beautiful figure!!

thank you! =D
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    LOVE this thread. I've wanted to lift heavy for so long but didn't know how to get started. Someone recommended NROLFW and I started this week. Hopefully in six months I'll have some awesome after shots!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Great job, you look wonderful.
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    I know that lifting is very very good for your body in many ways. So, a question for you lifters out there:

How do you keep from being really sore and tired all the time? Lifting makes me so much more sore than running, and if I lift several days in one week I also just get ongoing fatigue. This didn't happen when I was running regularly (used to run about 18 miles a week before adding some lifting to my program.)

Also, lifting makes me ravenous! Any suggestions on how to deal with these two issues?

Right now I have cut back to lifting two times a week, but I am worried that is not enough to meet my goals. Any advice?

Make sure you are eating enough calories. That same thing happened to me in the beginning. I was eating only 1200 cals. Went I went to 2000 cals it was all good.
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Bump for inspiration!!
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Bump to read and share my own progress pictures
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member

You have such a nice figure!

I love that your results show that while lifting you can keep/enhance your curves. Muscles just help everything start looking a little better :)
  • Bump for later!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member

It really is better to keep to 3 x a week, I went down to 2 and am not seeing results as much. Try taking a week off now and again, maybe every 2 months. That's recommended in NRL4W, and it gives you a break and stops you getting sick of it! If you're hungry, eat! You need it. Keep it clean and high protein.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!