Dairy Alarmism

Replies

• kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    ok, that gets into an argument about being "natural" and blah blah, and the ultimate comeback becomes anyone who eats a fruit or vegetable grown out of season or not in their native area that complains about something being "natural" then they are ultimately as big of a hypocrit as anyone else...

so basically we're all just blowing hot air...

hahaha yes, pretty much a summary of how all the threads end here. It's really ridiculous to talk about how dairy is unnatural. If we go there pretty much nothing is natural so we shouldn't eat anything.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    The ones drinking milk in this pic are:
    babies
    carnivores

Human adults are neither.

True; however, I don't know if you noticed but she referred to the line that said "we are the only mammals that consume milk from another mammal".
    I noticed, but i still think cow's milk is not a good food for humans. We are the only species who makes a daily habit of harvesting and processing the milk from another species, and then consuming it long into adulthood.

Why is cows milk bad for humans?
    because he is morally opposed to it...

Sounds legit. :yawn:
    Whoever wrote that morally opposed comment does not get to speak for me. It's bad for human health, and that has nothing to do with morals.

Not sure who wrote it, though, because this thread looks like this to me:

You are ignoring this user undo
  • Rocbola
    babies
    carnivores

True; however, I don't know if you noticed but she referred to the line that said "we are the only mammals that consume milk from another mammal".
    I noticed, but i still think cow's milk is not a good food for humans. We are the only species who makes a daily habit of harvesting and processing the milk from another species, and then consuming it long into adulthood.

AH! And here is the flaw in your logic. We are also the only animals to not only PLAN crops but to then harvest them. We are the only ones to cook. We also invent and improve. There are a LOT of things that humans do that our animal counterparts don't do or don't do as much of or to the same extent.. Like processing food. Baby food or juiced foods being one that we do for our young and continue to do into adulthood. It's what makes us different is finding the things that can benefit us and then using those items, ideas, innovations, and improvements to continue our species and allow it to THRIVE. And we have. And humans are NOT carnivores -- we are OMNIVORES. As another poster has explained. Several times. Who actually works in the field of human history and evolution and backs up ALL of the info with facts.
    Just because we make other mistakes as a species does not make this one is ok.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    babies
    carnivores

Whoever wrote that morally opposed comment does not get to speak for me. It's bad for human health, and that has nothing to do with morals.

Yeah, I had you on ignore until this thread also. But if you can't rationally debate with so many different people, then perhaps the problem lies somewhere other than where you think it does. :huh:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    babies
    carnivores

And no real answer provided, again.

I guess it's easier to just block anyone who asks for actual evidence instead of actually providing it.

No kidding. You don't learn new things or ideas from people you agree with...
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    babies
    carnivores

Yeah, I had you on ignore until this thread also. But if you can't rationally debate with so many different people, then perhaps the problem lies somewhere other than where you think it does. :huh:

Whatever, they're ALL industry plants out to destroy us.

LA, LA, LA, LA .... I can't hear you!
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    This thread would still be on page one if you guys would quit quoting each other.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    AH! And here is the flaw in your logic. We are also the only animals to not only PLAN crops but to then harvest them. We are the only ones to cook. We also invent and improve. There are a LOT of things that humans do that our animal counterparts don't do or don't do as much of or to the same extent.. Like processing food. Baby food or juiced foods being one that we do for our young and continue to do into adulthood. It's what makes us different is finding the things that can benefit us and then using those items, ideas, innovations, and improvements to continue our species and allow it to THRIVE. And we have. And humans are NOT carnivores -- we are OMNIVORES. As another poster has explained. Several times. Who actually works in the field of human history and evolution and backs up ALL of the info with facts.
    Just because we make other mistakes as a species does not make this one is ok.

Cooking food is a mistake?!

surprised-cat-o.gif

(edited to narrow down the quotes.. ;D)
  • marionmmm
    marionmmm Posts: 61
    Drink Beer instead... problem solved
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    i honestly dont understand why people cant have different opinions and believe in different things and still not be nasty? also, not everyone who is against dairy is out to convert everyone, some just want to state their opinion, as it is their right. its fine if you say you disagree or you havent seen proof, etc.. but its not ok to insult people for having different beliefs.

so you love milk, noone was attacking you! noone calls you dilusional. noone ridicules you. so please dont attack people who dont agree with the milk industry, thanks. :)
  • Rocbola
    Marionmmm and Spicesoflife, thank you for both making sense.
  • jim180155
    i honestly dont understand why people cant have different opinions and believe in different things and still not be nasty? also, not everyone who is against dairy is out to convert everyone, some just want to state their opinion, as it is their right. its fine if you say you disagree or you havent seen proof, etc.. but its not ok to insult people for having different beliefs.

so you love milk, noone was attacking you! noone calls you dilusional. noone ridicules you. so please dont attack people who dont agree with the milk industry, thanks. :)

I agree with you, but the insults have been flying from both directions.

It's unfortunate that we can't disagree while still treating each other with some respect.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member

It's unfortunate that we can't disagree while still treating each other with some respect.

but in self defense, if i remember correctly.. :P
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    I think as long as it's in moderation, nothing is off limits!
  • jim180155

but in self defense, if i remember correctly.. :P

You could be right. This thread is too long to reread.
  • jim180155
    I think as long as it's in moderation, nothing is off limits!

Except pineapple.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I'm allergic to all forms of dairy. Whey, Lactose, Casein...apparently there are more people in the world that can't tolerate dairy as apposed to those that can (No I don't have scientific stats to back me up, I'm just going by what my doctor and nutrionist said), however if I could, I would EAT ALL THE ICECREAM!!! Be thankful that you can handle such a high protein source, the rest of us have to spend tons of money for dairy free protein powder and consume a lot more food to get our calcium intake up. I fear osteoporosis.