Protein question???

Asi enter in all of the food i have eaten for the day...my protein is Always over, today by 25...what am i dfoing wrong...everything adds up right as far as fat, carbs and calories...those are usually under by a few...what should i do??? help, im new, but motivated anf i want to do this right... thank you in advance :)

Replies

• Asi enter in all of the food i have eaten for the day...my protein is Always over, today by 25...what am i dfoing wrong...everything adds up right as far as fat, carbs and calories...those are usually under by a few...what should i do??? help, im new, but motivated anf i want to do this right... thank you in advance :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    There's nothing wrong with eating some extra protein! The recommendation from the site is very low...it's suitable for people who aren't active, but since you are, you need more protein. It is made up of amino acids--building blocks for your muscles! Carbs are great for energy, but they can't rebuild muscle mass. Just keep things the way they are if your calories are good--you will benefit in the long run. :smile:
  • Excellent advice songbyrdsweet !!
  • Thank you!! I felt like i was doing it wrong...lol! Its not like i dont know anything about nutrition, but i was just trying to follow the program...lol. and i knew protien was good for me, i was just confused...

do you have any good snacky things that are easy to make and low in fat and carbs, but not fruit. i tend to fill my calories with fruit at the end of the day if i am too far from 1200 calories...like 800...but it gets boring...what do you do for that?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Low in fat and carbs= protein hehe :D You could do fat free yogurt or cottage cheese, or some light cheese, or any type of poultry or fish. String cheese is portable, yogurt and cottage cheese both come in little containers. That won't be as calorie dense as a fat though. I like to eat more carbs in the morning and then more fat at night with my protein before bed. It doesn't matter all that much but it keeps me from being famished in the morning and ensures that I'll eat enough.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I've been here for awhile and my protein is always high but I keep losing a little at a time so I'm not going to worry about it.