30 day shred results

I finished the shred on Friday. I did it Monday to Friday and had a weekend away in the middle where I ate what I wanted. I tried to keep to my 1340 calorie per day allowance but didn't always succeed.
Overall I only lost 4 lbs but I did loose 15.5".
I am happy with my results but would love to have seen a bigger reduction in the jelly belly :grumble:

d23a3532-d726-416c-acf4-f2438e91a4b6_zps071ca771.png

46732ca9-0c00-4034-8748-f1a61f70c655_zps520fad0e.png

ef1bfb5f-e0f2-4903-8863-fec1e346b547_zpscfbbe554.png

Going to start another Jillian Michaels programme tomorrow but I have not decided which one yet!

Replies

• DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    That is AWESOME. You look fantastic.
  • You look amazing! I just finished week 2 of insanity so i hope we all have amazing results
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Wow, big difference! Congrats on a great job!
  • Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    way to go! I wish I had taken pictures when I did the 30 Day Shred video. I know I lost around the same amount of weight but I wasn't taking measurements :(
  • Janine1001
    Janine1001 Posts: 5 Member
    I am starting the 30 day shred today. Hope I have same results as you. You look great! Wish me Luck!!
  • I have not purchased insanity but I have a friend who had amazing results. I am completely sedentary no exercise, desk job etc, and really out of shape. On a scale of 1-10 how difficult do you find it to be? Thanks I really want to know before I buy it, and how long are the daily workouts?
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!!!
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    You look great, fantastic progress!! :) I'm on level 2 now, really hope to see the end results. You should check out her other circuit workouts, they're really intense.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    You look AMAZING!!! What awesome results!!!!
  • vhe6590
    vhe6590 Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats on your success!! I have a question for you/everyone who has done 30 Day Shred. I completed the DVD when I was around 206lbs, and I was fine. I'm now about 165lbs, and trying it again, but I'm also doing C25K every other day. After the first week I started to have severe knee pain, so I followed Anita with the DVD and started jogging instead of running. I'm still having knee pain, but now I'm also having discomfort in my ankles. Has anyone else had any issues and if so, what did you do?
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Congrats on your success!! I have a question for you/everyone who has done 30 Day Shred. I completed the DVD when I was around 206lbs, and I was fine. I'm now about 165lbs, and trying it again, but I'm also doing C25K every other day. After the first week I started to have severe knee pain, so I followed Anita with the DVD and started jogging instead of running. I'm still having knee pain, but now I'm also having discomfort in my ankles. Has anyone else had any issues and if so, what did you do?

Oh dear, give your knees a bit of break. If you keep on pushing it then it might lead to injury- you don't want that.

I used to do 30DS in the morning(5-6x a week) and go for a jog in the afternoon (3x a week). If I feel something or anything painful, i give my body a break. I had to replace my running shoe and bought a proper one that fits based on my running. My feet was aching at that time.
  • singallagher
    singallagher Posts: 42 Member
    Thank you all for your encouragement :flowerforyou:
    I have not purchased insanity but I have a friend who had amazing results. I am completely sedentary no exercise, desk job etc, and really out of shape. On a scale of 1-10 how difficult do you find it to be? Thanks I really want to know before I buy it, and how long are the daily workouts?

I have not done Insanity but would imagine it would be a very difficult one to start with. 30 Day Shred would generally be considered the best place to start with exercise DVD's. Its free to watch on youtube so you can try before you buy!
    Congrats on your success!! I have a question for you/everyone who has done 30 Day Shred. I completed the DVD when I was around 206lbs, and I was fine. I'm now about 165lbs, and trying it again, but I'm also doing C25K every other day. After the first week I started to have severe knee pain, so I followed Anita with the DVD and started jogging instead of running. I'm still having knee pain, but now I'm also having discomfort in my ankles. Has anyone else had any issues and if so, what did you do

Yes its hard on the knees :sad: Its well documented.
    I modify the exercises or do something else altogether to avoid straining my knees. Side lunges, jump squats etc were all out for me. Just run on the spot with weights or do oblique twists instead. She does not do knee circles in all of her warm-ups but I always include them. It does not matter if you leave out a particular exercise, just keep moving and burning calories with an alternative one! I also started to take Glucosamine sulphate and found this a great help with my joints.

I started ripped in 30 today but intend to do her banish fat boost metabolism when my kids return to school after the Easter break in 2 weeks. Trying to work around 3 of them this morning while they did the exercises 'with' me was a nuisance :sad:

I had red wine every Friday night and a few beers every Saturday night too. Everything in moderation, including being strict and sensible with the calories :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!