What heavy weights can do for you (pix!)

Replies

• pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    You look great, but I only have one question - do you wish you started earlier? Because I'm kind of close to my goal now and am thinking about starting weights in a couple of weeks.

Well, I can't say that I regret anything... It's been a learning process and one that has worked for me. It's been nearly 4 years since my "come to Jesus" moment, so it's been a gradual thing.
  • pettychia
    Wonderful!!!! Were you featured on bony to bombshell? I saw your pics on there today and recognized you from here.

Yeah, I kind of feel famous now :)
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Congratulations on your awesome success! I hope to have my own success story one of these days!
  • pettychia
    What macros have you used throughout weightloss and bulking? I know you said you measure and weigh your food, but are you very strict with what you eat like absolutely no sugar etc? You look amazing!

I had not watched macros at all when I was losing, I just was in a calorie deficit. I did follow the Virgin diet for the last bit of the loss and while it worked for me, I can't recommend it because it's really too restrictive to be sustainable. I limit my sugar (but don't totally abstain) and I don't eat corn in any form including HFCS.

My macros are currently 50-60% carbs, 20-25% protein, 20-25% fat which I've come to with some trial-and-error. Basically, I aim for 1g protein/pound of bodyweight, .5g fat/pound of bodyweight, and the remainder carbs.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Wonderful!!!! Were you featured on bony to bombshell? I saw your pics on there today and recognized you from here.

Yeah, I kind of feel famous now :)

:smile: :heart:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Thank you so much for your response. flowerforyou

You are strong. wink

I will check out that program soon.

Enjoy the new you. happy
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    You look incredible! I've been lifting heavy for about 6 weeks and have already started seeing results. I can't wait to see myself at the 6 month mark. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Awesome! Great inspiration!
  • Point202
    Point202 Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I'm just starting out, and am in the push-ups on the wall stage now... I'm inspired by what you've achieved.
  • all I can say is WOW, thanks for sharing!!!!
  • I wanna lift now lol :smile:
  • pettychia
    I started weight training in September after I'd lost 65 pounds and ended up "skinnyfat." Still kind of flabby but with a low-normal BMI. Here's what 6 months of heavy weight training has done. There is only a -4.5 lb difference between the first photo and the last; I lost a bunch of fat and gained a ton of muscle and got smaller, tighter, and leaner.

I lift heavy, smartly. 3x/week for an hour at a time. Very little cardio. I've built enough muscle that my metabolism has skyrocketed; I have lost another 3 lbs since that last pic without meaning to and have bumped my target calorie range to 2650 this week to try and stop the loss (I'm actually attempting to bulk; my backside still has a lot of work to do).

So: this is what hard, heavy weightlifting can do for a skinnyfat lady with no experience. If I can do it, so can you.

Screen_Shot_2014_04_10_at_4_58_16_PM.png

Uh huh, but how do you know that 'light' lifting wouldn't have done similar things?
    I think your own "About Me" quote pretty much answers the question: "That guy at the gym who is always there but doesn't look very buff for how much time he spends working out. "
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    You look great! And those lifts are nice! Can I ask what machine/equipment you do the glute bridge with?
  • pettychia
    You look great! And those lifts are nice! Can I ask what machine/equipment you do the glute bridge with?
    Thanks! I use a heavy barbell. Check out the pic on page 2 of this thread.
  • ShaunaN5
    ShaunaN5 Posts: 16 Member
    Awesome job! I just started weight training myself about a month ago and abolutely LOVE it!!!!
  • tealbuddha27
    tealbuddha27 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you so much! Very inspirational!
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    I would never have guessed you're 35. Well done!
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    wow...
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    I started weight training in September after I'd lost 65 pounds and ended up "skinnyfat." Still kind of flabby but with a low-normal BMI. Here's what 6 months of heavy weight training has done. There is only a -4.5 lb difference between the first photo and the last; I lost a bunch of fat and gained a ton of muscle and got smaller, tighter, and leaner.

I lift heavy, smartly. 3x/week for an hour at a time. Very little cardio. I've built enough muscle that my metabolism has skyrocketed; I have lost another 3 lbs since that last pic without meaning to and have bumped my target calorie range to 2650 this week to try and stop the loss (I'm actually attempting to bulk; my backside still has a lot of work to do).

So: this is what hard, heavy weightlifting can do for a skinnyfat lady with no experience. If I can do it, so can you.

Screen_Shot_2014_04_10_at_4_58_16_PM.png

U r my hero!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!