I NEED MOMMY MOTIVATION !!

Hi everyone , Im new here , busy mom of 4!
All under 7;)
I REALLY NEED motivation , as i think its impossible for me to loose weight :( i tried a lot many many things all unsuccessful , but i thought about MFP after reading a lot around here and want to give it a last try
My body changed a lot after giving birth so many times :( confidence and self stem also did ...
So moms out there i need your help ! Tips ,BEFORE & AFTERS , your stories ...
Thank you all ......:)

Replies

• MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Heyyy, I'm not a mommy but you can add me for some motivation!! I have been in a funk my whole life thinking no matter what I did I could not lose weight, last spring I started doing Jillian Micheals dvd ripped in 30. Of course I was not exactly ripped in 30 being that I come in at around 250 but I ended up losing like 25 lbs in 6-8 weeks... It is a bad *kitten* dvd if you do it once a day and it's only like a 22 minute workout so good for a busy mom! Hope it helps, keep logging your food it really helps!
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Jillian also has her 30 day shred DVD which is quick. It's tough but you definitely will get results if you stick with it. Something else I do to help me burn extra calories and get a mini workout in is taking the kids to the playground/park and while they play you can do various squats, calf raises on the steps, lunges, climbing on the equipment, etc. Yeah, it feels silly but sometimes that's the only option we busy mamas have! :) It's a rough road, but you'll get there! :)
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Hey there! I'm a mom also, but only of one. However, I'm going to tell you a tale of my best friend. She also has four children. She's always been big. After her fourth she got to (I suspect) a tad over 300. She's 5'6". She stores most her weight in her upper body and trunk as many Latinas do. She has lost over 80 lbs this last year and is still working towards her goal of 180 lbs. She's currently at around 215/220. How she did it? Hitting the gym with me and busting her *kitten*! Eating lots and lots of healthy foods high in protein. She snacks on almonds, jerky, and has a HUGE chicken salad daily with Italian dressing. She has gone from a size 22 to a 14. She cried and called me when she tried them on. I cried with her...she's worked so hard. My friend is a full time student and works part time. She has a very demanding family life, as well. There have been times she's broken down and cried. Times she has binged to frustrating proportions. Regained 11 of the lost lbs and relost them. I have seen first hand how hard this road has been for her, especially since she is always made to feel selfish for taking time to work out. Her husband is very unsupportive and threatened by her improving. Her health has been negatively affected, as she bordered diabetic. If anyone has ever had reason to give up from the pressure and struggles of a life that demanding, it's her. But my beautiful best friend doesn't stop. She inspires me daily. I wish I was nearly as strong and determined as she is.

Be someone who inspires others. Be someone who learns to be "selfish" so that you can serve your family better as a happier, healthier you. Be someone who goes against every odd. :) Good luck. Your motivation is in there somewhere. You are here, after all.
  • tracywatson710
    tracywatson710 Posts: 15 Member
    Hey there! Busy mom of 4 here as well - ages 6, 8, 10, and 12 now! I have lost 62lbs since the beginning of last September. I know all about the body changes that you go through having so many children one after the other and you think you can never get back into shape - but you would be wrong! I never thought I would get rid of my "mommy pouch", but now its almost gone. I've gone from an 18/20 pant size to a size 10. It hasn't been the easiest journey, but it hasn't been the most difficult thing either. I workout about 6 times a week and have had a 1200 calorie diet until this last week. I've increased my calorie intake to 1300-1500. You just have to get used to taking care of yourself more often, which is difficult to adjust to. Once you get going and see how great you feel you are going to want to keep going. I know I am a better Mom for it - much less grouchy all the time with tons more energy! So just know that it can be done, you can do it!!!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Hello fellow mommy!!!

You can do this!!!

I have two less than you and they are slightly older. But I know how busy things can get when trying to manage my work schedule and their school and sports schedules. It doesn't leave a lot of time for me to do things like exercise.

I just joined MFP in March, but I love that I can lose weight with and without exercise as long as I maintain my allotted calories. Most days I do work out, but oftentimes, it ends up being for 10-15 minutes of me using my 5 to 8 lb free weights or exercise ball. But I figure any type of workout is better than nothing so I do try to do that for myself almost every day.

If you do not have the time to workout right now, focus on your eating habits. Most likely, you are eating more than you know throughout the day. I honestly have not gone to completely healthy foods. I could not stick with this if that was what I had to do. I do not own a food scale, but I do measure what I can. And I log honestly every day, no matter how bad an eating day I have had. It doesn't take much time at all for me to log now that I have most of my foods figured in. But I still eat the same meal my hubby and boys eat at dinner time. I don't have the time to cook two meals. I am just learning portion control and being mindful of that rather than putting a whole bunch of food on my plate.

I have lost 6.8 lbs since 3/24/14. I have a long ways to go, but I am not giving up this time. And if you want it bad enough, you can do this!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like more mommy motivation and support :) I promise to not be always so longwinded, LOL!
  • Lindsayryk
    Lindsayryk Posts: 71 Member
    I'm a mother of three. I work full time as a night shift nurse. You can still be a knock out! Keep those heads turning! It's just got to be important to you. I run every day before my kids get home from school. I'm up and moving when they get home. I had a mommy makeover last April to fix what they broke lol! I'm in better shape now then I was when I was 20.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    would love to give support and motivation
    one day at a time, small steps here and there, it will still work
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    I have an almost 4 year old. For the first 3 years I didn't do any exercise and still had my baby belly. I had no energy to play with him. Then I started doing 25 min of Jillian Michael's DVD's every day since last August, have lost the weight, and now I actually have the ENERGY to play with my kid! Just commit to doing it, and in 3 - 4 months, you will feel SO GOOD, so much better, that you won't want to stop!

You don't have to do hours at the gym. Just get a DVD you can pop in when you have 20 min. The little things ADD UP! I have lost 30 lbs since August doing 20 - 25 min a day of exercise plus counting my calories here on mfp.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    It took me a year before I was able to take control and get that much needed care for my body - to exercise and eat healthy.

Most mommy already told you here to start with Jillian Michaels workout DVD's because it's proven and tested by a lot of mother's like us. Guaranteed success but IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY. Just stick around here at MFP incase you are feeling down or you need venting - they help here.

TRY this links first so you can have an overview of her exercises:
    http://youtu.be/1Pc-NizMgg8
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    get into the habit of logging food carefully, and stay within your calorie goal, and you should lose weight. Aim for slow and steady fat loss, e.g. 1lb/week. Eating too little is counterproductive in the long run. Try to get more exercise and physical activity (doing physical activities with the kids may be a good way to combine this with parenting. And it's good for them too). Eat back at least 80% of your exercise calories. Whatever changes you make, they should be easy and sustainable. Focus on the long term, i.e. staying at goal when you get there, rather than trying to lose weight quickly.

I have 2 kids, aged 4 and 7.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Hi I am a mum of 3 mine are older than yours 18 and twins 9 but they all have special needs so need support above and beyond what is necessary for their ages (even the 18 year old). I believe it is important to make time for you or you lose yourself. I try to run workout when the kids are at school but I also work full time so this is not always possible. I often workout when they are I bed this can be quite late as they have sleep issues but I feel so much better for working out. It takes commitment and time management but it can be done. I have negotiated with my husband that he has the kids one night a week while I go to dance class and then he goes out one night. For me working out keeps me sane as much as I love my kids more than life itself their needs are complex and it gets overwhelming at times, I need alone time and time to be me. The dance class is a new addition and I have never done anything like that before it has given me so much confidence and something to share with my daughter as she dances too. I have my first dance show next week I am nervous but very excited. You can add me if you want to I log everyday but am on holiday this week so my diary is not as clean as usual. Good luck.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Hi Suzanne - firstly good luck - you've made a great choice coming here for information and support, I know it's helped me and other people a lot!
    My kids are alittle older - 8 and 11. I walk them to school, walk myself to work - always did but now I've picked up the pace. When they're playing in the park or doing sports I keep moving instead of sitting/standing watching. I've started doign a few body weight exercises - planking and push up challenges on here have been great! I'm still trying to get back to the size I was when my two were both under 5 - I hink moved a lot more chasing them then!!
    You wanted before and afters - I've got a before and in progress for you, stll a long way to go but not bad progress since November - I've done it mostly by logging and sticking to a weekly average goal.
    88153c28-2154-4a2d-b190-3fe554e9e7f8_zps91e1c2f6.jpg
    065770b8-13f2-449f-bb53-ace84df59de0_zpsc60a765a.jpg

Sometimes I eat a little under goal, most weekends I go over but over a week I'll average around the goal calories. I think I've got something sustainable here because I'm eating real food, family meals, just watching portion control and keeping things in balance by logging. I've become much more aware of everything I eat and that has helped me cut down massively on snacking.
    Making a hot drink or a pint of water instead of going straight for the bread loaf or biscuit tin when I'm bored/stressed has really helped me too.
  • HopeNShelton
    HopeNShelton Posts: 59 Member
    Hello. Mom of 4 ranging from 21, 19, 10, and 7. I workout 4/5x a week. I joined Curves and the results were amazing. I dropped 21 lbs and 21 inches my first month at Curves. With motivation and a positive outlook you can do anything you set your mind too!!!!
  • HopeNShelton
    HopeNShelton Posts: 59 Member
    Feel free to add me.... I log in daily.
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    For what it's worth - it's never too late. Put on 70 lbs with each of 2 pregnancies, and still hadn't lost the weight by the time the kids were both in school.

They're 18 and 15 now - and as for me - my abs are in my avatar. It can be done! Best of luck - and don't let the apple juice and goldfish crackers lead you astray. Feed your kids what they need - and feed yourself what is right for your body.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Hi there! I'm a mom of four as well and my little ones are spaced about the same as yours.... when I had my fourth I had four kids ages 6 and under. They are a bit older now (12, 10, 8, 6) and it does get easier to balance everything. I think my best advice to you is to remember that you don't need to be selfless ALL the time. Take time for yourself once in awhile -- they will be fine.

The great thing about losing weight the MFP way is that you don't have to have an extremely limited diet since the last think you want is to have to make separate meals for yourself. You can make this happen! Know what you are eating and track it, add more veggies and fruits as you can. You'll be teaching your children the right way to eat at the same time and that's awesome!

Feel free to add me (anyone) I log in everyday and my diary is open to friends. I didn't track over the weekend because we were at waterpark, but otherwise I'm here all the time. :)
  • Homeschoolingmommy
    Homeschoolingmommy Posts: 22 Member
    Mom of 4 here too (oldest is 4, no multiples). Before I became pregnant with #4, I was over 200lbs and I was always tired, grumpy, and starving on a calorie restricted diet. One of my friends starting dropping weight, looking so bright and was able to go off medications she had been in for years. She was eating Paleo. I decided to read some books on it myself and my battle with losing weight finally all made sense. I slowly started changing mine and my family's food and not only did the weight start coming off but I was no longer tired, no headaches, I was happy, I was no longer addicted to sugar and fast food and the best part I wasn't hungry! During my 4th pregnancy I managed to only gain 20lbs (instead of my usual 50-60) simply by following the paleo diet (plus dairy). It feels so good to know that I am giving my family truly healthy meals do they can have a healthy start in life. I am not at my goal weight but the weight is still steadily going down and I am enjoying every minute of it instead of starving on low quality low calorie garbage from a box. I highly recommend at least reading up in the paleo diet before you dismiss it. It can seem daunting at first but it is doable and after a month it becomes the norm. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made and I will never go back to my old Standard American Diet. Good luck and God bless you and your family
  • Robyn173
    Robyn173 Posts: 10
    It can be done! I have an 18 month old and 2 step kids (9 and 12), so it's definitely hard to make time for yourself and exercise. Here's what worked for me
    -FitBit! I LOVE my FitBit. I love that it links with MFP. I love that then I can see the exercise value of "mom time" like walking my son to the park, running errands, etc. I walked 7 miles yesterday without even hitting the gym.
    -weight lifting. I did NO cardio to lose my baby weight. I simply lifted weights, logged my food and tried to eat better. Increasing muscle mass increases your resting metabolism, and makes a HUGE difference in how you look. Nothing nutty- just dumbbells and kettle bells. Simple exercises.
    -Easy food- I keep the steam in bag veggies, like green beans and broccoli handy. I steam them in the microwave for 4 minutes and sprinkle with sea salt and a little butter and it's DELISH. That plus a bean burger or some grilled chicken- the whole thing takes me less than 15 min to prepare. I am happy to pay a little extra for food that's pre marinated, pre cleaned, pre cut, etc.
    -making exercise a luxury. I started really enjoying working out because it was the only time I wasn't making someone a snack or changing a diaper. Focus on yourself and tune out responsibilities as best you can.
    -Get the garbage out of the house. I keep no tempting junk in the house. Any treats like cookies or chips are either baked or a flavor that the kids like and I don't. If it's not here, I'm not going to eat it.
    -Make a vision board. I pinned pictures of what I wanted to look like to a bulletin board in my closet. It was nice to have that visual reminder when I get dressed each day.
    -Find a walking buddy. now that weather is nice- get a local friend who can do an AM or PM walk with you! Nice time to chat.
    You can do it!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Hey there! I'm a mom also, but only of one. However, I'm going to tell you a tale of my best friend. She also has four children. She's always been big. After her fourth she got to (I suspect) a tad over 300. She's 5'6". She stores most her weight in her upper body and trunk as many Latinas do. She has lost over 80 lbs this last year and is still working towards her goal of 180 lbs. She's currently at around 215/220. How she did it? Hitting the gym with me and busting her *kitten*! Eating lots and lots of healthy foods high in protein. She snacks on almonds, jerky, and has a HUGE chicken salad daily with Italian dressing. She has gone from a size 22 to a 14. She cried and called me when she tried them on. I cried with her...she's worked so hard. My friend is a full time student and works part time. She has a very demanding family life, as well. There have been times she's broken down and cried. Times she has binged to frustrating proportions. Regained 11 of the lost lbs and relost them. I have seen first hand how hard this road has been for her, especially since she is always made to feel selfish for taking time to work out. Her husband is very unsupportive and threatened by her improving. Her health has been negatively affected, as she bordered diabetic. If anyone has ever had reason to give up from the pressure and struggles of a life that demanding, it's her. But my beautiful best friend doesn't stop. She inspires me daily. I wish I was nearly as strong and determined as she is.

Be someone who inspires others. Be someone who learns to be "selfish" so that you can serve your family better as a happier, healthier you. Be someone who goes against every odd. :) Good luck. Your motivation is in there somewhere. You are here, after all.

Thank you for your beautiful post....I needed to hear that today

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mariai_martinez
    mariai_martinez Posts: 37 Member
    Hello there, this is my progress picture. I am a mom to 5 ages (almost) 15, 13, (almost)12, (almost) 9 (boy), and 3. I know if we do not take care of ourselves it's only going to make it that much hard to take care of the ones we love. When I finally (and it took me a long time) got this through my thick skull. I started making life long changes. These are only progress pics, as I still have weight to lose, but that is what 30lbs looked like on my frame!

Height: 5' 1"
    SW: 176lbs
    CW: 144.6lbs
    GW: 120lbs

YOU CAN Do This!!!
    B-Progress.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!