Think twice before mindlessly eating Easter candy!!!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Mmmm, frozen Reese's eggs.

Actually I bought a bag of Whopper eggs last week and said that's my only Easter candy this year. Sad because I love Starburst jellybeans, but I can live without them.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    The Cadbury mini eggs are the ones I have to be careful with!
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Sadly as I got older my tolerance for sweets - especially chocolate - has decreased.

I used to be able to stuff myself with sweets or chocolate - sometimes even without being sick - and survived.

Now even a single creme egg would make me feel decidedly uncomfortable.

Not sure whether that is a good change or a bad one :laugh:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    I'm not an Easter candy person- Cadbury eggs and Peeps are gross. Way too sweet..they DO make my teeth hurt. Cadbury caramel eggs and Reese's eggs are another story. I'm going to have the calories available for those on Sunday!

Oh and the Starburst jelly beans are the BEST. I am avoiding those because I could probably eat the whole 16 oz bag myself and I don't need that...I need to pick and choose my battles! :)
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    I've never had a cadbury egg... Everyone I know I loves them, but the regular ones don't look too appetizing to me. The caramel one on the other hand... :P

I always have a little something for Easter, but I never eat everything in one day. We get easter eggs at our local belgian chocolate specialty store, and I usually get myself a white or dark lindt easter bunny (and for some reason, I've only seen milk chocolate ones in the store so far! booh!)
    And it usually takes me about a week to eat the eggs, and three-four days to eat the bunny. The longer they last, the longer you can enjoy :D But instead of 200 calories, I usually allow myself 4-500 calories of sweet stuff if I feel like it on easter!
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Peeps are my Easter candy of choice!

I put one on top of my coffee this morning. It was lovely :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Well first off....one full sized Cadbury Creme Egg is FOR SURE not 150 calories. It's about 300, maybe a little less.

Secondly I most certainly WILL NOT think twice about eating all of the Easter candy as well as all of the sugar cookie rainbow bit birthday cake I am making for my daughter this weekend.

il_fullxfull.306015193.jpg
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Well first off....one full sized Cadbury Creme Egg is FOR SURE not 150 calories. It's about 300, maybe a little less.

They really are 150 calories:

"American Creme Eggs now weigh 34g and contain 150 calories. Before 2006, the eggs marketed by Hershey were identical to the UK version, weighing 39g and containing 170 calories. In 2010, the Canadian market version of the Cadbury Creme Egg was reduced in size to match the 34g United States version."
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Photos-100-Calories-Easter-Candy-22272258#photo-22312084

Can you even believe a single Cadbury creme egg is 150 calories??? It's so easy to eat like 10 of them without even thinking about it!!
    You can eat 10 of those without feeling sick???

I can eat maybe two before my stomach rebels.

lol This is what I was thinking. I LOVE those eggs but one is more than enough. I've been having about one per week for a few weeks...love Easter and Halloween (for their "screme eggs") mainly due to this!

And for me that was one of my biggest HAPPY surprises on MFP, finding out a Cadbury egg is 150 cal...I think of them as being as indulgent as a 250-280 cal full size chocolate bar.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

Secondly I most certainly WILL NOT think twice about eating all of the Easter candy as well as all of the sugar cookie rainbow bit birthday cake I am making for my daughter this weekend.

il_fullxfull.306015193.jpg
    Chalk this up to one of those weird American things. Ours are 150 calories. Smaller I guess? And it does not taste as good because American Cadbury I believe is still made with American chocolate, so it's kind of depressing. That reminds me that I will need to leave room in my bag to bring back ALL OF THE CHOCOLATE from Ireland...
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    I would believe that the bite size creme eggs are 150 calories. But a full size one? The last time I looked it was like 280 or 300....hence the reason I stopped eating so many :laugh: They are my favorite candy of all time!

I guess I will have to buy one and weigh it....and then eat it......

FOR SCIENCE PEOPLE :laugh:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Agreed...instead mix cream eggs in ice cream and eat the mini cadbury chocolate eggs...I mean you get like 25 for a single serving and they have a hard candy coating so if you let it melt in your mouth to get to the chocolate....*drools*

In other words don't be mindless come up with creative ways to eat them.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    I don't care about the candy or alcohol. I will eat the delicious homemade food at my Mom's.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Photos-100-Calories-Easter-Candy-22272258#photo-22312084

Can you even believe a single Cadbury creme egg is 150 calories??? It's so easy to eat like 10 of them without even thinking about it!!

So two is an easy fit!

Just make sure you wait until 4/21 so that it's half price!
  • WendyTerry420

I can't believe it's only 150 calories...I could work 2-3 of those or Reese's eggs into my macros everyday...

reeses eggs are AMAZING...

Reese's and Cadbury creme eggs are my favorites. My husband likes the jelly beans and the robin eggs.
  • WendyTerry420
    Peeps are my Easter candy of choice!

I put one on top of my coffee this morning. It was lovely :)

Yes! These too! We like to get one package of each color. God, I love Easter candy!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member

So two is an easy fit!

They're usually gone by 4/21. Cadbury eggs are very hard to come by.
  • auddii
    I would believe that the bite size creme eggs are 150 calories. But a full size one? The last time I looked it was like 280 or 300....hence the reason I stopped eating so many :laugh: They are my favorite candy of all time!

I guess I will have to buy one and weigh it....and then eat it......

FOR SCIENCE PEOPLE :laugh:
    It's in your screenname. You pretty much have to. Just do more thrusts. And as an upside, if we're right, ALL THE CREME EGGS!!!
  • auddii

So two is an easy fit!

They're usually gone by 4/21. Cadbury eggs are very hard to come by.
    Hide them behind something that no one buys? :devil:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member

Yes I can. If they werent, then chocolate wouldnt get you so fat.....