So excited

Options
I started August 20th...and I have to say...I was totally motivated to start. Especially after my gorging weekend camping! But it's been a week and I've lost 6.8 lbs!!! I'm totally stoked...I realize that a lot of that is water...but it's still encouraging anyway. I'm almost afraid to start walking because I'm afraid it's going to slow down my loss...but I'm going to start walking tonight. It's so hard to start!!! I have excersised all my life but I just had a baby in January and lost MOST of the baby weight but I just gotta get that last 10 and then after that about 30 more lbs to lose. So I will start walking tonight and keep my calories at 1200. I've been trying to eat every 2-3 hours and I have to say it's hard to eat that much! I also have to keep my protiens up a little higher, cause otherwise I go home from work totally FAMISHED and shaky. So I've been having a string cheese in the afternoon and tuna or some protien at lunch, it seems to work well, so I'm not starving by dinner around 6. GOOD JOB TO ALL and KEEP IT UP! WE WILL MAKE IT!

Replies

• tmarti007
    tmarti007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started August 20th...and I have to say...I was totally motivated to start. Especially after my gorging weekend camping! But it's been a week and I've lost 6.8 lbs!!! I'm totally stoked...I realize that a lot of that is water...but it's still encouraging anyway. I'm almost afraid to start walking because I'm afraid it's going to slow down my loss...but I'm going to start walking tonight. It's so hard to start!!! I have excersised all my life but I just had a baby in January and lost MOST of the baby weight but I just gotta get that last 10 and then after that about 30 more lbs to lose. So I will start walking tonight and keep my calories at 1200. I've been trying to eat every 2-3 hours and I have to say it's hard to eat that much! I also have to keep my protiens up a little higher, cause otherwise I go home from work totally FAMISHED and shaky. So I've been having a string cheese in the afternoon and tuna or some protien at lunch, it seems to work well, so I'm not starving by dinner around 6. GOOD JOB TO ALL and KEEP IT UP! WE WILL MAKE IT!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!
    I have been on for about a week(I think) and have lost 1 pound LOL
    I've been watching what I eat and trying to walk everyday.
    I can't run so much due to my asthma.
    Today I walked for an hour!!!
    And I was pulling a wagon with my 2 girls in it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Skinnier_Me,

I am almost due to weigh myself - tomorrow morning: it will be seven days since I started MFP. I've found a couple errors in my data entry, and went back and re-entered them, but I hope that didn't sabotage me!

I'm also having to rearrange my carbs so that I'm having them in the morning or right before my workout. I'm hoping that will help. I find I always have eaten too much protein - but I think the soy is what pushes me over, since I LOVE Edamame and use only soy milk, and they are both high in protein, because I only eat 2-3 oz of meat a day. It's hard to find away to eat enough calories, I know that sounds weird. I started today to write down the time I ate in my journal, so I am feeding myself at more regular intervals.

There is a lot of fine tuning that can be done. Pile some more girls in the wagon!

Wish me luck! I hope I DID lose one pound! It seems that I'm eating more! You would totally get a kick out of my walking companion - a beautiful siamese cat. My cat is "indoors only" but he longs for the outside, so I bought a "cat stroller" and he really digs it. He is able to sneak up on bunnies and chickens and ducks, it's a riot. It makes people on the trail smile.

Hang in.....you'll succeed !
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    I always go over my protein. Is that a big problem?
    I've gone over my calories about 1-2 times I think.
    Sometimes I think I'm doing sooo well but when I enter the foods in my diary, the calories are so much more than what I thought.
    I don't go by what is in the database.
    I enter the nutrition facts myself.

Another thing....
    I got so unmotivated today.
    I was out shopping for my daughters school supplies and came across a weight watchers scale.....It said I weigh 139 pounds..... 4 more pounds that my scale at home!!!

The scale in my bathroom says I weigh 132 pounds, and my other one says 135.... I dislike scales!!!
    I took it so hard. That number is haunting me.

All I could say after seeing that number was, " I thought I was doing so well... what's going on?"
    Ofcourse hubby tried cheering me up.. bless his heart LOL You know how stubborn us woman can be. Once you have something in your head, there's nothing or no one that can get it out but you.

I heard you should weigh yourself with the same scale so I guess I do weigh 135! LOL
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    Oh... I forgot to comment about your cat... That is the cutest thing EVER!!
    I wish I had a dog.
    A big dog at that so he/she can pull me and make me run or walk when I feel like giving up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    scales are evil.

My friend tells me only weigh yourself once a week, first thing in the morning, after your potty trip, and with no clothes.....I asked her if would help if I lifted one foot. Apparently she had already thought of that, and it didn't :-)

<<<<<--- the kitty caption is :

"I made you a cookie..............

................."but I eated it.

I was hoping THBrown would send me one of those yummy sounding choc/oatmeal cookies.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    That's what I do.
    I weigh myself in the morning in my birthday suit.

They say you should weigh yourself at the same time of day.