NSV today! Share yours?

Replies

• JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Being able to do a ton of raking and yard work without feeling sore. I am still waiting for the upper back pain to set in, but I don't think it is going to. Those heavy lat pulldowns have paid off and I love it.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    I have a couple. I can see definition in my abs. The six pack is no longer tucked away in the insulated cooler. And I tossed on a pair of jeans last week. This pair of jeans used to be pretty snug, OK, tight at the waist. I was in a hurry when I put them on, just planning to wear them around the house to do chores, so I didn't put on a belt. I just about walked out of the jeans as they got lower and almost fell off. Looks like time for some new britches!
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    I was tempted to go get something from Taco Bell for dinner, but I cooked something healthier instead.
  • mrslstage
    mrslstage Posts: 51 Member
    I was tempted to go get something from Taco Bell for dinner, but I cooked something healthier instead.

Good for you!! I totally feel your struggle, lol.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    I guess technically it's not a nsv, but when I started the gym, I couldn't run on the treadmill because I was over the weight limit.. last time I went, I was 20 pounds under the weight limit..
  • Munn0025
    Munn0025 Posts: 40 Member
    ok... i may be slow. . . but what exactly does NSV stand for?
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Non - scale victory
  • Point202
    Point202 Posts: 55 Member
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory

I have one for today. When I started working out a couple of weeks ago I could barely do a push-up, not even the cheating from your knees kind. Today I noticed I can do them fairly easily. They are still the cheating from your knees kind, but I'm still proud. Might be time to graduate to proper push-ups.
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    And my NSV is .... just about every time I give blood I get a T-shirt. The one I got at the end of last year was a 2XL...it was a little big but this one I got in March was a large!! I was so excited !! I won't wear them tight so this was big for me!

Congrats to all the awesome NSV's on here already!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I remember a couple of years ago at Easter trying on a dress and feeling miserable, looked pregnant with my belly sticking out and that is usually the last place I gain weight so I was getting big all over. This Easter I can wear my clothes, had to get rid of that dress,it is now too big. After the long winter, it is a miracle I kept my weight down and can wear my clothes. I overate a bit this weekend and felt miserable which is a good sign. I have developed healthier habits and when I mess up I am miserable and have learned to forgive myself and get back on track. Yep, my clothes fit after this winter, a great feeling! Bring on Easter.
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    It's just a little NSV but it made me laugh, so I'm sharing ... BOTH cats were on my lap this morning. That's because my tummy is a little smaller and my lap is a little bigger! LOL!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    I actually look really nice today, and I find I have nothing horrible to think or say to myself about the way I look today, which is a huge triumph for me. :)
  • amg120
    amg120 Posts: 80 Member
    It's just a little NSV but it made me laugh, so I'm sharing ... BOTH cats were on my lap this morning. That's because my tummy is a little smaller and my lap is a little bigger! LOL!

Haha, I love that! Do it for the cats!
    *edited*

Haha, I am used to NSV being no small victory. Oops! I should have figured.

My NSV would be having to kick myself for throwing out all my smaller summer pants because I told myself I wouldn't ever fit into a size 11 again. Now all my summer pants are too big.
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Might be small - by I definately had a NSV this morning. I have a top that I love to wear - and it was definitely getting a bit snug in the midsection. but it's been one of those "up and down" tops. I put it on - and it just flowed - the way it should - not snug where it shouldn't be. Felt truly nice :)
  • DanielleLCook
    DanielleLCook Posts: 22 Member
    Today after not running much for about 10 months and gyming instead...I got up and ran 7K my new furthest distance!!
  • arhummel
    arhummel Posts: 32 Member
    Today I walked 3 miles in 24 minutes on my lunch hour and the shirt I am wearing is fitting a lot looser on me! :)
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member

Haha, I love that! Do it for the cats!
    *edited*

Haha, I am used to NSV being no small victory. Oops! I should have figured.

My NSV would be having to kick myself for throwing out all my smaller summer pants because I told myself I wouldn't ever fit into a size 11 again. Now all my summer pants are too big.

Congrats on your accomplishments :happy:

I did the same thing!! I tossed all my size 7 and 9 pants about a year ago thinking I would never get back into them. Now that I am finding my 11/12 to be too big I am kicking myself. :sad:
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    TMI but I wore a bra from highschool that I hung on to because it was expensive and it fits again! Too bad I didn't hang on to my jeans.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    bought smaller underwear today ;)
  • jazchlo
    jazchlo Posts: 56 Member
    My journey to being healthy started last year in April, but I only discovered MFP early this year. So my weight tracker doesn't show all my loss. Anyway one of my NSV' s was at a wake when several people kept commenting on how great I was looking. One person said she was happy to see me or what was left of me, that half of me was gone. Then another asked what I had done with the rest of me. The next day at the church as we were preparing for the family's dinner, my granddaughter and I heard one lady saying, "Boy! Kathy is really dropping the weight!" My granddaughter said, "Mawmaw, they are talking about you." Now that kind of talking I was happy to hear!! Not to mention the new sizes in clothes I am getting!! My starting weight was 357. This morning I was 263!! Down 94 lbs! Still a long way to go, but I will make it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!