PLEASE REPORT THIS!!!!!!!!

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    I always report them because being in the UK I am on your night duty and retired so around quite a lot.

Edited to add that when I do report them nothing is ever done for quite some time.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    I report at least 3 a day.
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    i did last nite i dont see it on the board anymore so they must have took it off...its very annoying i agree with u
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    I know it is very annoying.
    Unfortunately there is not always someone online when you report these.
    We are taking care of the matter very seriously, trying to find out a solution to drastically decrease the spam.
    In the meanwhile, please, keep reporting these and be patient.

Again, as i said, you can PM me at any time and if i can i will take care of the issues or report em directly to Olivia.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    It's happening again tonight Mr. Darkon
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    They seriously need to limit new accounts to a "waiting period" before being able to post.................
  • jdad1
    They seriously need to limit new accounts to a "waiting period" before being able to post.................

I agree. This stuff does not typically get to me but it's been so long without any apparent solution. The spam is getting to the point where it completely takes over the forums.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Well I sent a PM to darkon. Hopefully he deletes the spam soon.
  • jdad1
    Well I sent a PM to darkon. Hopefully he deletes the spam soon.

As did I
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Yeah, 10 spam posts in as many minutes by 1 user= extremely irritating! :grumble: I reported every post, hope everyone else is, also!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    done
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    On it
  • Booksandbeaches
    Thanks!
  • jdad1
    Thank you Darkon. Are there other solutions in the works?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    one forum I used to post on had specific moderators with limited powers that just worked to clean up the spam. They didn't do any actual moderating, they just deleted spam posts.

Well if that is possible then i volunteer. I work night five days a week. Just give 2 or 3 people the ability to delete these spam threads and it would really help.

I would too. About 75% of my time spent on MFP fourms is during the night shift, (like right now ^_^) and I wouldn't want full MFP mod rights dealing with headaches from forum drama but would gladly volunteer just to clean up the spam.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Well here we go again tonight..
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    I reported as I was annoyed too. I also tried posting in some other posts to bring them down on the introduce yourself board. They are out of control! It always seems to happen at this time of night and it always seems to be this babalovemarriage crap!
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Would love to get Thor power from mfp and put the banhammer on spam.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    I pm'd darkon....
  • Booksandbeaches
    According to Olivia (moderator), he's not the night mod. He's supposed to keep an eye on the MFP Italian community. Maybe there's another night mod...I have no clue who that person is.