Favorite running shoes?

Just got the nike free runs 5.0 yesterday and I'm absolutely in love with them already put in a good nine miles in them ^.^

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Not going to advertise my fave shoes anymore. My running store only has 4 pairs left in my size and they aren't ordering any more after that...
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Oh no :o
  • froeschli
    Ok, I am going to say it: toe shoes (vibram fivefingers).
    Maybe if I can get enough people to like them, they will be more readily available again :tongue:

I usually run in the bikila LS, but just bought a pair of Komodo sport Ls. And though the komodos aren't as comfy walking on concrete in, they are awesome on gravel trails.

Now don't buy any this week! I want to get one more pair before they run out!!! :tongue:
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Merrell Bareform Arc Access 2.0 (similar to Vibram five fingers, but without the separated toes, which I found uncomfortable.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    this is my second pair, purchased from amazon, love them beyond belief.
    41RNII2cU0L._SY100_.jpg
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    I currently use Mizuno Wave Creations... they are the comfiest running shoes I've ever had. And the ugliest. (The newer ones are looking better but I got stuck with a hideous orange/purple combo.)
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Brooks Adrenaline.
  • yuckyellow
    yuckyellow Posts: 4 Member
    Brooks Beast
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Asics or New Balance
  • tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Ok, I am going to say it: toe shoes (vibram fivefingers).
    Maybe if I can get enough people to like them, they will be more readily available again :tongue:

I usually run in the bikila LS, but just bought a pair of Komodo sport Ls. And though the komodos aren't as comfy walking on concrete in, they are awesome on gravel trails.

Now don't buy any this week! I want to get one more pair before they run out!!! :tongue:

Need to get a new pair of running shoes myself and I've been hearing a lot about toe shoes, are they really worth buying?
    I'll be honest, when they first came out I thought they looked rather silly, but it seems like it would get you pretty close to barefoot running (which I'm all for). The only down side is that I've been reading mixed reviews on them
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    I really like the New Balance Minimus line.
  • Brooks pure connect

I'll openly admit that I want to try out a pair of the Topo shoes, just waiting for time to swing by and try some on.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Love my minimalist shoes. My current ones are :-

Road : Inov-8 Bare-X 180 (Done 203.2 km)

Trail : Inov-8 Trailroc 235 (done 281.5 km so far)
  • Shropshire1959
    Brooks pure connect

I had a pair of Brooks Pure Drift 2 - but was very disappointed with the wear (comfort was great) - they just did not last very long at all
  • froeschli
    Need to get a new pair of running shoes myself and I've been hearing a lot about toe shoes, are they really worth buying?
    I'll be honest, when they first came out I thought they looked rather silly, but it seems like it would get you pretty close to barefoot running (which I'm all for). The only down side is that I've been reading mixed reviews on them
    I totally love mine. BUT you have to transition slowly (unless you are already into minimalist running).
    When I first had them, I got huge blisters. Turns out it was my running form though.
    They can end up smelling pretty bad, but then, they are washable, and don't smell near as bad if you make sure you only put them on clean feet... My first pair has about 300km on it, and though you can visually tell its the oldest pair on the shelf, they are still in decent shape.
    I think they are something you have to try before you decide whether you like them or not though. Sometimes you just don't want to feel every pebble in the road (thats why i just bought the trail version) Or have people exclaim in delight as you are just walking down the road :tongue:
    Oh, and some people just can't stand the feeling of something between their toes. Personally, I don't even notice anymore...
  • Shropshire1959
    Oh, and some people just can't stand the feeling of something between their toes. Personally, I don't even notice anymore...

That would be me - but to each their own and as you say - you need to try them before you 'dis' them.

BUT I'm sold on 'barefoot/minimalist' (zero drop, 3 -4 mm underfoot) running shoes - been that way for a couple of years now. I have reduced my injury rate to almost zero.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Saucony Kinvaras. Haven't ran in anything else in years.
  • tgmichelleee
    Love my minimalist shoes. My current ones are :-

Road : Inov-8 Bare-X 180 (Done 203.2 km)

Trail : Inov-8 Trailroc 235 (done 281.5 km so far)

how's the grip on trail innov8's?
  • tgmichelleee
    I totally love mine. BUT you have to transition slowly (unless you are already into minimalist running).
    When I first had them, I got huge blisters. Turns out it was my running form though.
    They can end up smelling pretty bad, but then, they are washable, and don't smell near as bad if you make sure you only put them on clean feet... My first pair has about 300km on it, and though you can visually tell its the oldest pair on the shelf, they are still in decent shape.
    I think they are something you have to try before you decide whether you like them or not though. Sometimes you just don't want to feel every pebble in the road (thats why i just bought the trail version) Or have people exclaim in delight as you are just walking down the road :tongue:

I'm really trying to transition more into minimalist running and move my runs away from the gym and more into an out doorsey type setting. I've been trying to practice good running form, but it's really hard to tell (in my opinion) with conventional running shoes which is why I'm trying to make the switch.
    I'm fine with blisters (still get them with my current shoes unfortunately) but I do see how feeling every pebble would be a problem.
    Are the ones who have a good cross over (use them both on trail and road)? Really interested in getting one (or the innov8 which someone else also brought up) now and currently debating if I want one for the road and trail or one universal one
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Vibram fivefingers here too. I have arthritis in my feet and the only way I could run pain free was barefoot indoors. The "fingers" realign my toes and now I can run nearly pain free outdoors.