First day fail

So I think I just ate my weight my in fried rice. Not a great way to start my new weight loss but I did fruit today.
I lost 70lbs over a year ago and kept most of it off. I never did get to my GW last time.
For some reason this time seems so much harder to get my butt in gear and get to losing. I was all about it this morning but then went out to a hibachi place for dinner and pigged out on fried rice.
BTW it was soooo good.
I need help staying motivated. Anyone wanna help. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Just because you "failed" today doesn't mean it gives you the right to quit. Just get back on the horse tomorrow (I'm being all tough love on you right now :wink: )

ps - Don't weigh yourself tomorrow. All that salt will definitely be a water weight gain.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Hi- what you said happens to all of us when we start a new way of eating. but the difference is, now you care about it, so thats one good step forward. Before, you probably didn't care. so awareness of what you are eating is actually progress.

thats why its good we have a new day to start again, and tweak our plan as we go along.
  • We all have days like this, just don't dwell on it. Put it down to experience and move on; tomorrow will be a good day. xx
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    I like the 80/20 philosophy... Aim for 80% of the time to be making healthier choices, forgive yourself and enjoy the 20% of the time you don't.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Totally know what you mean. I have also done this but that was then, this is now. Watch the rest of the week and work with a calorie deficit. . Maybe do a little more exercise and move on. You can so do this.... One day at a time. Best to you...
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    been there many times mate, only thing you can do is start again tomorrow, and keep pushing to get where you want to be.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    In the future avoid Hibachi places on your first day. Get up and try again. It's all you can do. Best of luck!
  • Rod_M
    Rod_M Posts: 4
    Don't base your success on the number of times you fall down. Instead base it on the number of times you get back up....Learn from your mistakes and then try to make better choices in the future. It's a lifestyle change that takes time to adjust to.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    What did you plan to eat when you went to that restaurant?
  • Jaimeb765
    Jaimeb765 Posts: 18

I was planning to just get grilled Chicken, veggie and fried rice but I knew they gave a ton of fried dice with the meal so I told myself only to eat half or less than that. But then it was so good and I ate all of it and forgot to eat the veggies. I did stick to water as far as drinks go. So that was a plus.
    Weekend may not have been the best to start. So tomorrow it my new first day. I am still doing my best not to go crazy with sweets for Easter today.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member

I was planning to just get grilled Chicken, veggie and fried rice but I knew they gave a ton of fried dice with the meal so I told myself only to eat half or less than that. But then it was so good and I ate all of it and forgot to eat the veggies. I did stick to water as far as drinks go. So that was a plus.
    Weekend may not have been the best to start. So tomorrow it my new first day. I am still doing my best not to go crazy with sweets for Easter today.

One thing that helps me: Have them bring your meal and a doggie bag. Immediately put half the rice into the doggie bag, and sternly tell yourself "That's my breakfast tomorrow". Having it out of sight instead of on the plate makes it harder to ooops I accidentally the whole thing.
  • Jaimeb765
    Jaimeb765 Posts: 18

One thing that helps me: Have them bring your meal and a doggie bag. Immediately put half the rice into the doggie bag, and sternly tell yourself "That's my breakfast tomorrow". Having it out of sight instead of on the plate makes it harder to ooops I accidentally the whole thing.

That is very good advice. I will be doing this next time I go out to eat. Thanks:smile: