12 weeks! How much have you lost? Inspiration needed!! x

Replies

• anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Not sure what you are thinking you want to lose, I started out last Feb (2013) at 295lbs I ate a ton of take out & didn't exercise. I didn't do anything drastic, I changed my eating habits, cut out a few food items, exercised regularly & ate my calories alloted whcih at the time was 2070, I ate about 1700 or 1800 of those daily. I got in about 40mins of exercise 5 days a week. In 12wks I lost 40lbs, in the first 13mths I lost 103lbs. It can be done but has to be done right & you have to stick to it. No starving yourself & no quitting. I found when I changed all of my habits that the weight just melted off. I have 40lbs to go & am going to have to work harder to hit my goal but hoping to get there by my 2yr ann!. Feel free to add me.
  • sims2013
    sims2013 Posts: 283 Member
    ive lost 37 lbs in 9 weeks!

how i did it.
    i began by doing the juicing diet. It was hard, i did this for about 3 weeks strictly and then i began to get bored with it. while doing this i was never doing just juicong 100% of the time, i would have a meal, supper. the first 3 weeks i probably lost 20 lbs. and then i just started eating healthy and using myfittnesspal. i love this app. i exercise about 5-6 times a week. my calorie intake goal for the day is 1560 according to the app. i hardly ever make it that high unless we go out to eat. i am no longer juicing. what i am doing now is ill have a protein weight loss shake in the morning with almond milk, and then ill have an apple with honey and peanut butter on it with some string cheese. and then for supper usually something with chicken, pork, or fish. im also still working out 5-6 times a week. I use my facebook as accountability, i post my workouts and weight loss on there! Hope this helps!
  • MrsRatfire
    MrsRatfire Posts: 102
    Excellent post. Congrats on your success! I love seeing people who got there doing the steady thing. That changes a life, not just a dress size.
  • arhummel
    arhummel Posts: 32 Member
    I have lost 25 lbs and this is week 9 for me. You can do it! :)
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    I've lost 18 in about 90 days, but I have been semi sabotaging myself lately so it probably could have gone further had I not had some "off" weeks/days in there, but I am in this for the long haul with no real goal dates so I just keep picking myself up and working on it.
    I think if you start now, whatever you lose will make you feel better about yourself and you don't have to stop after your event!
    Good luck!
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Today is 21 days for me - I have lost 10 pounds!
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    I lost about 25 lbs the first 12 weeks, I was 260 lbs when I first started back in October. It's slowed down a bit since I'm now at 210, but that being said it's taken me 6 months to lose 50 lbs (I maintained my weight during Christmas and most of January to see if I could do it. That's where I started gaining again last time I lost a ton of weight. And I did it!) Now losing weight is different for everyone. If you have a lot to lose you can lose it easier than say a person at 160 trying to get to 140. If you have health issues it could also be more difficult. Just track your food, eat back some or most of your exercise calories, work out to tone up, and enjoy the foods you're putting in your mouth. I'm not gonna lie and tell you it's easy, but I will say it gets easier as you go. Don't give up! Strive to be healthy!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    21lbs in 54 days. So a little less than 12 weeks. Started at 268!
  • teemama2
    teemama2 Posts: 72 Member
    I agree with sims2013 with the Facebook comment. Social media does hold you more accountable. I know you are accountable to no one but yourself but when people see the changes in your lifestyle and appearance on your wall they offer encouragement to keep you from falling off the wagon. My goal is to hit my goal by the end of May which will be 2 years since I started this journey. I have hit many plateaus but I won't go back!
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    I have been on this journey for about 16 weeks and have lost just under 41 pounds. It dropped quickly to start (thanks to lots of water weight/bloat) but its slowing a little now but I did find that logging accurately has been key for me.

Best of luck on your journey! You can do it :drinker:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I lost exactly 20.5 in 12 weeks. I am up a few pounds from weekend bloat, so I could have done even better.
  • Dsanders460
    Dsanders460 Posts: 12 Member
    I have lost 21 lbs since this time in January. (From 184 - 163) And that was without any crazy starvation diets or killing myself in the gym. You can do this! ACCURATELY logging your food is probably the most important thing in my opinion. Spend the 15 bucks and get a digital food scale. Once you get the hang of it, it is super easy to tare out the weight of your plate to track how much of each food you are serving yourself. Good Luck!
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    In the past 6 weeks I've lost.... nothing. I don't weigh any less, unless I'm dehydrated or it's right after a big poop. I started at a range between 167lbs-171lbs, and I'm still there.

However, I run 40-90 minutes 6 days a week, keep my carbs 80-150g, and my calories 1540-2000/day, and I've lost 6 inches in the past 6 weeks.

Don't *only* go by the scale, especially if you do any sort of muscle building activities.
  • MTCBVBC20CAM
    MTCBVBC20CAM Posts: 22 Member
    I've done 13 weeks so far and I've lost 18 lbs. I do exercise 1-2 a week for about an hour (swimming or dancing usually)but I skipped a few weeks during exams. I haven't changed my eating habits a lot (I was already eating relatively healthy) just my portions. I still have the occasional drink and I still eat the occasional hotdog or pizza slice or poutine. I'm obviously in this for the long haul (just lose a bit every week until I'm at the weight I want) but I just wanted to show you that you can lose a bit every week just by doing the minimal changes. If you exercise a lot more or leave the junk food and drink out of your diet, then you'll lose even more. I eat around 1200-1600 cal every day and I started at 195. I'm now at 177 (I'm 5`9).

Goodluck!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    12 weeks today.....45lbs
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    I've lost about 15 pounds over the past 12-weeks. I wasn't always as diligent as I could be and could have lost more. Good luck!
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Almost 22 lbs down since beginning of Feb!
  • Hi,

When I started out (November 2012) I weighed 321lb, in the first 12 weeks I lost lost 41lb, taking my weight down to 280lb.... I now weigh 180lb and in the last 12 weeks I have lost 14.5lb; your weight loss is usually pretty quick to begin with, but it will slow down as you get closer to your goal weight.

At first I conrolled my weight with diet alone, but after the first 12 weeks I introduced exercise, which is what has kept me steadily moving in the right direction; I only have another 19.5lb left to lose, which will probably take a lot longer, but I'm in now rush, after all I have lost 141.5lb in 17 months, I've come this far, there's nothing going to stop me continuing.

I am 40 years old, your age does play a part in how your body loses weight, so my loss may not be the norm for yourself, but it will give you some idea of what can be done, with a little hard work and dedication.

I hope this inspires you a little and all the best with your journey.

xXx
  • Hi you can do this i lost 46lb since mid jan and i have not been over strict with my self still had treats etc so could have done better
    if i had tried i am now down to the weight you are now people are just starting to notice now but i have just had some new jeans 2
    sizes smaller than my old ones and there still to big so i hope they shrink in wash lol i never said that before but i find if i say to my self i not on a diet im just eating better if i have a bad day then i know i can be better the next day i do a lot of walking now 10,000 steps a day in small bits so get a stepper and off you go add me if you want a buddy and remember you CAN do this xx
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    I started at over 200lbs at the start of February this year and I've lost 21lbs up until now with eating a deficit and trying to eat clean when I can (no fast food or processed), and exercising about 3 times a week. I've been eating between 1200-1600 averagely. Some days I'm over and don't eat as good as I should (usually weekend) but I try to make up for it over the other days. If you put in even 70% effort I would say you can lose 20lbs or more in 24 weeks easy! Small changes make the biggest difference :>
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!