Fav Motivational Quote

I love quotes. You cannot go through everything in life, but quotes are a great way to learn from what others have. So, list your favorite motivational quote. Maybe it will help inspire someone else!

One of mine is:

“The most beautiful people I've known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” ~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Replies

• jillyber
    jillyber Posts: 19 Member
    Love this!!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    "if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

Bruce Lee
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    The irony of commitment

The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.

--Anne Morriss, Starbucks customer, "The Way I See It" #76
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    If you've ever signed onto tumblr you know this one, they use it as a sample quotation post. But it works so well especially for fitness goals:

"It does not matter how slow you go, as long as you do not stop." ~ Wisdom of Confucius
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    I've always liked this one:

"Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star." W. Clement Stone
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    "Put the cookie down! Now!"

Arnold Schwarzenegger

But this is something I wrote yesterday in my challenge group.

Greatness is built upon the smallest of habits. It stems from going against the tide even when you don't want too. It's hard, and sometimes you get pulled into the ocean... but don't forget you can get back to shore. Saying "no" to that treat your friend bought you because they "forgot" you are eating right and training may feel mean, but it is the thing that can take you from being good, to being great. I've hurt a few feelings in my journey, and I'm bound to hurt more, because people, who think they can't follow you, will try to pull you down, afraid of losing you to your new self. Break free of your past and charge, with all your might, up that mountain of greatness so that you may signal the flare to those you left behind that they may follow in your footsteps and join you.
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    I have more than one:

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there" ~unknown~

"It's the lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself" ~Muhammad Ali~

"Beautiful things happen in your life when you distance yourself from all the negative things." ~unknown~

"What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be" ~unknown~

"Doubt kills more dreams than fear ever will" ~unknown~
  • RhysJ13
    RhysJ13 Posts: 72
    Effort is only effort, when it starts to hurt.
  • Awesome Quote!
  • "if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

Bruce Lee

Awesome Quote!
  • spdoughe
    spdoughe Posts: 51
    "If you want something you've never had, then you've got to do something you've never done"

This is one of my favs.. I always doubt myself when trying something new physically in the gym. I have always envied the bodies of people walking out of the boot camp class and I always thought I want that but theres no way I could do that class, I'd feel dumb. Going against that mindset and taking a whack at the class even though it was out of my comfort zone was the best decision I ever made! not only did I make it through the entire class, but I loved it and have made so many new encouraging friends! :)
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    I love this quote from Lance Armstrong's book "It's not about the bike: My journey back to life". The quote goes, "To ride fast you have to ride fast". Being an avid rider it fit me perfect. Although he lied to us all........I still use this quote quite often in all aspects of my life:smile:
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right".
  • "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right".

One of my favorites as well.
  • "Put the cookie down! Now!"

Arnold Schwarzenegger

But this is something I wrote yesterday in my challenge group.

Greatness is built upon the smallest of habits. It stems from going against the tide even when you don't want too. It's hard, and sometimes you get pulled into the ocean... but don't forget you can get back to shore. Saying "no" to that treat your friend bought you because they "forgot" you are eating right and training may feel mean, but it is the thing that can take you from being good, to being great. I've hurt a few feelings in my journey, and I'm bound to hurt more, because people, who think they can't follow you, will try to pull you down, afraid of losing you to your new self. Break free of your past and charge, with all your might, up that mountain of greatness so that you may signal the flare to those you left behind that they may follow in your footsteps and join you.

Great Stuff!
  • idnac74
    idnac74 Posts: 71
    "I have no idea where I will be tomorrow but I accept the fact that tomorrow will come and I'm going to rise to meet it"
  • TiLo0905
    TiLo0905 Posts: 34
    My Dad used to say to us kids..."When you find yourself stuck in a hole you can't get out of...quit digging!" :laugh:
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    " If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep the streets. Even as michaelangelo painted, beethoven wrote music or shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the streets so well that all hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, herenlived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."

Martin Luther King Jr,

" I never picked the best guys to be on my team. I always picked the average guys with the best attitudes."

Magic Johnson
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    "Whether you can or can't, you're right" - Henry Ford
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    "Get your lazy *kitten* up before I take the hose to you." - Mom