Daily Check-in and Chat

Replies

• karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Ahhh... that's too bad!! ;(

Maybe try to switch some exercices?? I haven't looked at P2 so much... Might do that tonight to decide what I'll do next. I guess the best would be to do another week of P1.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Well I may not have enjoyed Phase 2 Workout C but apparently it kicked my *kitten*. Literally. I've been walking around all day with a sore bum. Which is good in my book! Did workout A again today (I really love that one) but my body was so sore from C I really had to power through it. Increased all my lifts. Happy my squat is up to 106. I WILL squat body weight one day even if it takes me years!
  • Rcarito
    Rcarito Posts: 5
    Hello Ladies!!
    I'm Rachel and I'm new to the group. I just started SC this week. I have been powerlifting for the past year and needed to take a break plus I want to work on my lower body this summer. Feel free to add me! :)
  • karinefitness
    Well I may not have enjoyed Phase 2 Workout C but apparently it kicked my *kitten*. Literally. I've been walking around all day with a sore bum. Which is good in my book! Did workout A again today (I really love that one) but my body was so sore from C I really had to power through it. Increased all my lifts. Happy my squat is up to 106. I WILL squat body weight one day even if it takes me years!

Yay for a sore butt!! I haven't been sore since I started the program... :(
    I decided I'll start P2 pre-vacation because in june there is a week where I am going camping, and if I start now, it'll be at the end of the program, so that works better for me... Hopefully I get a sore butt as well haha :)
  • karinefitness
    Hello Ladies!!
    I'm Rachel and I'm new to the group. I just started SC this week. I have been powerlifting for the past year and needed to take a break plus I want to work on my lower body this summer. Feel free to add me! :)

Welcome!! I'll add you =)
  • __freckles__

Yay for a sore butt!! I haven't been sore since I started the program... :(
    I decided I'll start P2 pre-vacation because in june there is a week where I am going camping, and if I start now, it'll be at the end of the program, so that works better for me... Hopefully I get a sore butt as well haha :)

Let me know how it goes! I seriously think it was the hip thrusts iso-method that did it. I held the weight up for 30 seconds each time and it was KILLER!
  • __freckles__
    Hello Ladies!!

Welcome! How are you liking the program so far?
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Hi Rachel, nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy the change!

freckles, 30 secs isoholds?!?! yowsers girl! Impressive! 10 secs leaves me on fire.

karine you can have my soreness. My butt feels like someone sandpapered it on fire when I'm done. Maybe because it's so big :laugh:
  • __freckles__
    freckles, 30 secs isoholds?!?! yowsers girl! Impressive! 10 secs leaves me on fire.

Don't put me on a pedestal yet! Cuz it was only 100 lbs. But oh, the burn, the burn! :explode:
  • Rcarito
    Rcarito Posts: 5
    I'm really loving it!!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Hey ladies. I'm now doing NROLSupercharged but I'm including the glute dominant and glute accessory moves from SC. Still want that nice firm sexy booty (don't we all?). Hope everyone is still at it. And welcome to the new ladies!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Aughhhh! That's the sound of me stressed out and feeling too tired to set up and put away weights let alone do sets of anything.

Tonight I mustered up the energy to do a butt HIIT with Bulgarian split squats, single leg elevated bridges & x-band walks...oh and jump rope, I love jump rope for cardio. 4 rounds takes 20 mins and you can do it at home with dumbbells & a resistance band.

Anyone else pressed for time or stressed out might enjoy it. I love Sara, she's a total whacko.
    http://www.drsarasolomon.com/better-butt-hiit/

Not sure I would really call this HIIT, more like circuit training, but after 4 rounds you're toast.
  • jamaicanlady
    This sounds great. I'll definitely incorporate it into my active recovery days.
  • karinefitness
    Had to share... I am the only person doing hip thrusts at my gym. Never saw anyone doing it. As soon as I finished my series today, another woman came up to me and said my hip thrust setup (by putting the barbell on those aerobic steps on the side so I can get under the bar easily) was all she needed to start thrusting again! She wasn't sure how to do it without a spotter so she stopped doing them. Happy to see I won't be the only one thrusting at my gym from now on!

I also upped my hip thrust to 115 pounds! Yay! Very excited to eventually be able to use the 45's plates!
  • __freckles__
    Had to share... I am the only person doing hip thrusts at my gym. Never saw anyone doing it. As soon as I finished my series today, another woman came up to me and said my hip thrust setup (by putting the barbell on those aerobic steps on the side so I can get under the bar easily) was all she needed to start thrusting again! She wasn't sure how to do it without a spotter so she stopped doing them. Happy to see I won't be the only one thrusting at my gym from now on!

I also upped my hip thrust to 115 pounds! Yay! Very excited to eventually be able to use the 45's plates!

Yay! I'm glad you are being an example to others. When I went to the gym last year I never saw anyone do them either, and at the time I didn't know about them. It appears hip thrusts are very underrated.
  • jamaicanlady
    I'm the only one at my gym who does them also. But I get a lot of questions about it and what it does. Have yet to see anyone doing them though.
  • JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    I'm the only one doing them at my gym also. I do, however, have people watching me do them. They actually stand right in front of me when I'm doing them. I was a little intimidated the first time they watched, but now they just tell me what a great job I'm doing. No one has tried them though. Now that I'm able to use the 45 plates, it's so easy to roll the bar over my legs into position.

I'm visiting family for the rest of the week, and my sister has signed me up for her gym. I have no idea what the setup will be, but I'm going to make it work.
  • __freckles__
    I'm the only one doing them at my gym also. I do, however, have people watching me do them. They actually stand right in front of me when I'm doing them. I was a little intimidated the first time they watched, but now they just tell me what a great job I'm doing. No one has tried them though. Now that I'm able to use the 45 plates, it's so easy to roll the bar over my legs into position.

I'm visiting family for the rest of the week, and my sister has signed me up for her gym. I have no idea what the setup will be, but I'm going to make it work.

They stand in front of you when you're doing them??? What???
  • karinefitness

They stand in front of you when you're doing them??? What???

I have to agree, that is WEIRD!!!

People will look, or stare, but from a distance at least... Ah well...

On a happy note: I am sore today!!!! And very happy about it!! :D I started Phase 2 yesterday. It was a great workout. Not sure if I'll do WO B tonight or tomorrow...
  • __freckles__
    Oh, I finished up the second week of Phase 2 and workouts B and C weren't as terrible. I switched out some lifts that I didn't like (I can't do lunges so I do step-up's instead, and barbell single leg RDL? HA! My balance is terrible so I just stuck with regular American deadlifts). Workout A is still my favorite. But B and C are growing on me. :)