help :( i binged!!! 1707 cal down the drain

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Move on tomorrow like nothing happened and don't do it again. BAM!
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Its ok its just one day.. Tomorrow is a new day... life is already hard enough with out getting down on yourself about a binge.
  • TimTomakin
    TimTomakin Posts: 23 Member
    Start over.

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. One bad day means NOTHING when weight loss takes months, not days. It's easy to get hung up on a single bad meal or a single bad day, but all that matters is that the other 6 days of the week you stick to the diet.

Look at it as a long term goal. There's roughly 180 days in 6 months. One bad day a week is 24 bad days. That means in a 6 month period you will have 156 good days filled with healthy eating and exercise. You'll be fine.

Nobody on this planet has accomplished their goals without first failing. Failing is a part of succeeding. Failing is what makes success feel so amazing.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    You ate 1707 TOTAL. That won't even be over your maintenance calories. It's not a binge, it isn't a fail, it's many many people's calorie goal. Dust yourself off, forget it happened.

ETA: Looking at your diary, you try and eat 600 cals a day. That is bad, dangerous and silly. I see you're a nursing student. How are you going to help a sick patient move, sit up etc if you have wasted away from starving yourself?

You are in eating disorder territory. Please seek some help.
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    I've just read your 'about me' section on your profile. Are you seeking professional help for your ED? Have you shown them this food diary?
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    I had a cheat day this week I ate 2 days worth of calories about 3,500. I'm still down 2lbs this week. Someone on here said 80/20 the other day. If 80% of the time you're doing it right the other 20% shouldn't hurt you.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    You can't change the past so don't beat yourself up over it. There will be some hurdles along the way. Start over fresh the next day.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    You're probably just hungry from only allowing yourself around 600 cals a day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You ate 1707 TOTAL. That won't even be over your maintenance calories. It's not a binge, it isn't a fail, it's many many people's calorie goal. Dust yourself off, forget it happened.

ETA: Looking at your diary, you try and eat 600 cals a day. That is bad, dangerous and silly. I see you're a nursing student. How are you going to help a sick patient move, sit up etc if you have wasted away from starving yourself?

all of this
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Ohhhh, "MiaAngel". Like short for bulimia. That makes more sense.

You have to address your eating disorder before you can loose weight healthily. This pattern is not doing you any favours.
  • leesyc81
    leesyc81 Posts: 52 Member
    Well I just looked through your food diary and most days recently u have been eating 600 calories a day! Along with the fact u think 1707 calories is a binge I think u may need to reevaluate your 'diet'.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    If your diary is accurate and going by your 'about me', it likely will do...
    Your body was likely craving energy. This is a natural "survival reaction" when you're starving yourself.
    You seem to be fairly happy with this, so I'm a little confused with what help you are looking for.
    Normally I'd say "don't stress it, once you factor in the deficit, as overall taking the week as a whole it isn't a big issue.

But here it's more a case of "don't stress, your body is trying to stop you becoming ill, trying to prevent long term health problems".
    It seems you know you have a problem, which is a good start.
    Are you getting professional help for it?

In 20 weeks from 1st December I lost 40 pounds. I averaged eating 2000 calories a day BEFORE I ate back exercise calories.
    The vast majority of the time I manage to eat within my goals and often included plenty of treats. Some weaks I averaged over 3000 calories a day and this is with no more than an hour and a half of moderate cardio a day.
    To be fair, it's taken me a good number of years, lots of research recently and yoyo dieting in the pst to get to the point I know how to lose weight myself while getting fitter AND eating very well. It's quite possible to do it, so if weight loss is your goal, I'd suggest reassessing your methods.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    You're probably just hungry from only allowing yourself around 600 cals a day.

Yup. Get some professional help. 600 calories per day is ridiculous and I'm not surprised you are binging.

PS calling yourself 'miaangel' contradicts your statement that you are not supporting EDs. Seriously, get help.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    tomorrow is another day ! just dont QUIT !
  • What most people have said. One day out of many. Don't change your diet if it has been working for the other days.

What you need to do is figure out why you binged. Is it because you've been denying yourself for so long? Maybe you need to incorporate a little bit of what you love into your diet.
  • crissi725
    crissi725 Posts: 82
    Honey!!! You need to eat more. Period. You aren't doing yourself any favors by eating so little. 1700 calories is NOT a binge. That probably only covered your BMR! Then again...your BMR is probably lowered from eating so little.

From all of us here on MFP, PLEASE EAT MORE. Its fun. :-)
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member

Your body was likely craving energy. This is a natural "survival reaction" when you're starving yourself.
    You seem to be fairly happy with this, so I'm a little confused with what help you are looking for.

This exactly... :indifferent: I'm also confused about the help you wanted from us.

I think the advice we're giving you might be different from the advice you want to hear. At first glance I would say "Oh, you binged, move on and start again" but you actually need professional help.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    My concern is your title says "down the drain" and your Username has "Mia" in it- did you purge after the binge?

If so please ask for help. Ask until you get it even when your friends and family ignore you thinking you're just making it up. You are worth more than that.
  • What you need to do is celebrate because you almost averaged out the day before's excessive deficit and have now just eaten enough!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member

^^^^ this

it's not 1707 calories down the drain.... it's 1707 calories that your body's using to try to keep itself functioning properly when it's being starved