Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with pics!!!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I'm making more for tomorrow. I had two bars this morning and it kept me full for 4 hours, which is pretty rare for me!
  • scole1008
    scole1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Bump
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    What an adorable pic above me! :smile: awwwww!!

I have these in the oven now! My kids helped me too! We are so excited to try them!

We used 2 teaspoons of honey, instead of the sugar. I also omitted the salt, just our own preference.

Next time we are going to add some marshmallows. You could really get creative with these!

Thank you again!! :drinker:

Honey is a good idea! MMM marshmallows. I want to try walnuts or almonds next. I love that you can take plain oatmeal and just do whatever you want this way! Hope you like them :)
  • ElvenToad
    I'm making more for tomorrow. I had two bars this morning and it kept me full for 4 hours, which is pretty rare for me!

Awesome! They are very filling, I've been eating them for breakfast everyday and I really enjoy them :)
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Bump!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Just wanted to say thanks again for this recipe! I had one this morning with a cup of coffee and a boiled egg and it was a great breakfast!! I bought more applesauce at the store last night to make them again today! :smile: My kids loved them too!
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Yum!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Looks yummy!
  • RockStarlaa
    RockStarlaa Posts: 24 Member
    Looking forward to trying these!
  • dantb32
    dantb32 Posts: 8 Member
    In for this!
  • ElvenToad
    Just wanted to say thanks again for this recipe! I had one this morning with a cup of coffee and a boiled egg and it was a great breakfast!! I bought more applesauce at the store last night to make them again today! :smile: My kids loved them too!

You're welcome and I'm so glad you and your kids love them! I eat them with my coffee too, love them. I've stocked up on all the ingredients as well as I make a batch at least every other day now :)
  • it looks GOOD
    this is too good to be true!
    im gonna try it out
  • ElvenToad
    it looks GOOD
    this is too good to be true!
    im gonna try it out

They are!
    It is! So easy to make, takes about 5 min prep, 25 or so in the oven. Let cool for 15.
    You should!
  • skendrick0601
    skendrick0601 Posts: 58 Member
    bump
    :smile:
  • wazert
    wazert Posts: 37 Member
    It looks like a few people were going to try adding some protein powder to raise the protein content, any feedback? How much did you put/replace?
    I will probably try adding an egg or an egg white.
  • jymmeh
    jymmeh Posts: 33 Member
    Def be making this soon. Lol. :-) Thanks.
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    When you say PB2 is it with the water added or as a powder?
  • ElvenToad
    It looks like a few people were going to try adding some protein powder to raise the protein content, any feedback? How much did you put/replace?
    I will probably try adding an egg or an egg white.

I've tried it. I've tried it a few different ways since I posted the recipe. I've used a full scoop of protein powder, with no pb2, and less stevia. That raised the protein to 9 for me. I wasn't quite as crazy about the taste. Next I tried half a scoop of protein powder with only 2 tbsp of pb2 and that made the protein an 8 and I think they taste much better with the pb2.
  • ElvenToad
    When you say PB2 is it with the water added or as a powder?

Just the powder. It will mix in with the milk and the applesauce so no need to add water to it first.
  • Made mine today. They were pretty good, but didn't taste like cookie dough to me. They tasted similar to the 2 ingredient cookie recipe, except there were more than 2 ingredients.

Edit: Thanks for the recipe OP. We had fun making them and eating them.

DSCN1044.JPG

What an ADORABLE model!!