Quest Bars????

Replies

• motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    I have been getting them for a while it is a nice way to boost the protein intake for the day. Not sure if really meant for weight loss. They are pretty low in calorie count and 20 grams of protein. My favorite one right know is apple pie. I usually have one in between meals as a snack.
  • dietcoke29
    dietcoke29 Posts: 38 Member
    I haven't tried them yet, although I do want to. This sounds like the hype around larabars years ago. I didn't care for those.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    These bars SAVED me on so many occasions- I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! High fiber, high protein and yummy! I buy a box at a time and eat one each morning for breakfast and sometimes another one later in the day,
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    I had never heard of these before now. I just looked it up, holy crap. They actually look pretty impressive. The protein is decent (Isolate), strong amount of carbs, healthy fats. The only issue is that it is going to be pretty calorie dense. Meaning, one of their bars is about 200calories, so if your not careful, you could over do your caloric limit for the day by eating either too many etc.

I would strongly advise against using the microwave, just spend some time and see exactly what the microwave does to food!

Have you compared them to other protein bars for the same nutritional content though? I found them impressive when I almost picked up a random protein bar from Meijer that was 30g of protein, no fiber for 380 calories. I find on a busy day, they really help hit my macros :)
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    I just had my first lot delivered today and I am in LOVE! The choc chip cookie dough is the flavour I am trying at the moment and it is so tasty. I have compared to my current bar and is is lower in calories, higher in protein, lower in sugar and higher in fibre. It is higher in carbs but after reading the website apprantly it is 'active carbs' which are better for you? Unsure how I feel about that but overall I'm happy to sacrifice extra carbs for the other benefits.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I had never heard of these before now. I just looked it up, holy crap. They actually look pretty impressive. The protein is decent (Isolate), strong amount of carbs, healthy fats. The only issue is that it is going to be pretty calorie dense. Meaning, one of their bars is about 200calories, so if your not careful, you could over do your caloric limit for the day by eating either too many etc.

Most of the bars I eat by them are 170 cals for 20g protein and 18g fiber.

I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a protein bar on the market with better macros. Ever.
  • mmonconduit
    mmonconduit Posts: 51 Member
    I have tried the cookie dough, double chocolate chunk, and banana nut muffin. Overall the flavors are good, but It was the texture I didn't like so today I made quest bar cookies and put peanut butter between the cookies ans I absolutely loved it. Much better texture!
  • I'm going to give them a try since I'm looking for a low glycemic snack or something to have in my purse when I can't get to real food.
  • lauracoover
    lauracoover Posts: 1 Member
    I'm obsessed with Quest bars! They definitly run a broad spectrum of delicious though.

So Tasty:
    Cookie Dough
    Raspberry White Chocolate
    Cinnamon Roll

Barfy:
    Lemon Cream Pie
    Peanut Butter Supreme

Try them! The fiber fills me up so much, and satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    "I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a protein bar on the market with better macros. Ever."

Agreed... but....

Quest Bars have the best macros (according to the label). But it is my understanding that they are being sued in California for allegedly falsifying the macros of their bars-- so I no longer eat them. The fibre in those bars (along with the protein) are what attracted me to Quest Bars-- the taste kept me buying them. But i am suspicious of how accurate the macros are so i dropped them and replaced with real food I can track.

Just do a google search and decide for yourself.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    I was at GNC getting protein powder and spotted the display. Had heard of these but never had one. A girl comes in and loads up on them (mainly chocolate chip cookie dough). So I got one to try. I haven't had it yet but I'm hoping it doesn't have that classic nasty aftertaste that some bars have. I can only describe it as a "metal" taste...I don't know.

Hoping these will live up to the hype.
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    The cookie dough and Oreo ones are SO good. They are a great protein rich snack on the go and I use them if I am having a sugar craving. You get the taste without the bad stuff.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    "I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a protein bar on the market with better macros. Ever."

Agreed... but....

Quest Bars have the best macros (according to the label). But it is my understanding that they are being sued in California for allegedly falsifying the macros of their bars-- so I no longer eat them. The fibre in those bars (along with the protein) are what attracted me to Quest Bars-- the taste kept me buying them. But i am suspicious of how accurate the macros are so i dropped them and replaced with real food I can track.

Just do a google search and decide for yourself.

Anyone can file a lawsuit. You do not need any proof. I suggest you go on the quest website and read their statement from the President of Quest regarding the lawsuit. The lawsuit is frivolous and they give you a study to back it up. And only the fiber is being questioned. Perhaps you should do some research before you listen to the rumors.

Also, why are we necroing 5 month old threads? (not you)
  • dmenchac

I would strongly advise against using the microwave, just spend some time and see exactly what the microwave does to food!

Calorie dense for a protein bar!? 200 calories is legit one of the lowest ever. Most bars have 350+ and are loaded with chemicals.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my quest bars. I do not eat them for weight loss, I eat them bc they have amazing macros and help me get my protein. I often have one for breakfast or after an afternoon workout!!

Not all the flavors are good. But cookie's n cream... YUM!!!!
  • bwats33
    bwats33 Posts: 25 Member
    so i have heard these are the bars to eat for weight loss. however the ones i have tried taste disgusting but most people only rave about how amazing they are. Anyone else feel this way??

I had the same experience with Cliff Bars.....friends would rave about them, but I tried one and it tasted like dirt. I guess everyone is different!
  • kjwasmund
    kjwasmund Posts: 23 Member
    THe Strawberry cheescake are terrible. I eat them between meals if I have to wait too long to eat. I really only like the brownie.
  • dmenchac
    Chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, and cinnamon roll are my favorites
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    I love them....totally satisfy the sweet tooth.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    I like the white chocolate raspberry and the cookies and cream. They are pretty good.