Is it really bad to work out every day?

2»

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    i workout everyday 45 minutes and theres no probs here at all not even a plateu .. i do cardio lifting abwork /
  • DeterminedFee201426
    <---Works out every day. Me so unhealthy. :laugh:
    right
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    We all should do some form of moderate exercise daily to keep healthy. So it isn't unhealthy but depends on the individual and what their goals are.
  • I just find if I work out, in anyway, too often, I end up in a lot of pain, and If its really better to rest before going again, I would literally be going 1-2 times a week :/
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    If you feel fine, do it.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    I'm anemic, all day every day, and I used to jog every single day. I was an athlete. Now that I'm overweight I only do 30 mins of exercise a day because that's all I can do, but if I could run 10 miles every day I would :)

Your body will tell you when to stop. And there's no reason to push yourself if you're feeling pain, fatigue or exhausted. Days off are good too, if you need them :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Rest is important. It doesn't have to be every day, but at least once per week is a good rule of thumb.

I can do well for about 3 weeks working out every day but then I crash hard. It's better, imo, to rest before you crash.

eta: not saying that your rest days have to be completely sedentary. Active rest days are fine. But intense exercise every day? Not a good idea.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Getting thrashed around a mosh pit or taking a bike down the water front or hiking with the dog are all part of my daily exercise, and I don't feel drained and overworked by any means, even when I use exercise for leisure.

YEAHHHHHHH. MOSH PIT WARRIOR <---

Yeah, man. Represent! Grindcore and trash metal galore in Portlandia. I go even when I'm already sore. I don't really think of it as a workout until afterwards... wish I knew how many calories that burned. :/

Either way, I think bodies are kind of meant to be able to move everyday. It used to be required for basic survival functions, and the concept of free time, especially such vast amounts of sedentary downtime, seem pretty recent to our culture (within the last hundred years) with the exception of the very wealthy.

Varying the intensity of workouts seems to be the agreed method for many users. Even those of us with anemic complications. :)
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Rest is important. It doesn't have to be every day, but at least once per week is a good rule of thumb.

I can do well for about 3 weeks working out every day but then I crash hard. It's better, imo, to rest before you crash.

eta: not saying that your rest days have to be completely sedentary. Active rest days are fine. But intense exercise every day? Not a good idea.

Yeup
  • DeterminedFee201426
    you rest when you sleep its important to get them 8-10 hrs especially if your working out everyday
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    I work out everyday unless my body demands a rest day which is very rare
  • hollymccall
    hollymccall Posts: 88 Member
    Dr. Oz said everyone should get in atleast 20 to 30 minutes of exercise daily. So I'm going with the Dr.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Dr. Oz said everyone should get in atleast 20 to 30 minutes of exercise daily. So I'm going with the Dr.

Dr. Oz uses scare tactics to sell products. I'd go with independent research of the scholarly articles he quotes and takes out of context. Causation =/= Correlation, but getting anyone to believe that they are the same means big profit.