What are your favorite snacks?

Replies

• LovelyLisa1000
    LovelyLisa1000 Posts: 10 Member
    Rice cakes with peanut or almond butter, berries and almond milk, cereal and milk, light string cheese, flatbread with turkey
  • AugustCountdown
    AugustCountdown Posts: 26 Member
    Mangos always do it for me. Plus avocados
  • onlyjulz
    onlyjulz Posts: 11 Member
    Dill pickle and a diet pepsi = 0 calories!!!!!!! (the dill pickle makes the soda taste sweet like reg) ..........................
    I also love bread so I eat Thomas' Eng Muffins = 120-150 cal (double fiber honey wheat and the banana bread ones are my favorite and are delicious and chewy if you heat them up)..........................
    A couple of pieces of fat free oven roasted turkey breast = 25 cal per slice (great value walmart brand has the best texture and flavor).....................
    Any raw veggies and I use nonfat yogurt to make Hidden Valley Ranch dip and it taste the same but very low in cal and adds protein.........................
    Strawberries and melons are great too
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    3oz of crunchy Peanut Butter and a sliced Granny Smith apply. 485 calories of yumminess.
  • AnnaJo62
    AnnaJo62 Posts: 14 Member
    CrunchMasters with a laughing cow wedge, Beanitos bean chips with 1/2 Avocado, Fruit, Janes Popcorn, Honey flavor PB w/LaTortilla Multi Grain wrap, Jello Sugar free Dark pudding snacks, one Dark Hersheys Bliss squares...a lot of great ideas posted! And do check out others diaries!
  • onlyjulz
    Almost forgot... Nature Valley Dark Chocolate and Oats Granola bars= 190 cal ( and taste just like choco chip cookies Mmmmm)
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Skinny pop - cheapest in the giant bag at Costco.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Carrots with hummus
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with unsweetened Hershey's chocolate & put some Stevia packets in (had it tonight yum)
    Apple with peanut butter or Lotus cookie spread (yum)
    Ice cream
    Cheese sticks
    Primal Jerky
    Popped Chips
    Grape Tomatoes
    Fruit like Grapes, Mango, Pineapple
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Celery sticks stuffed with Kroger private selection yogurt dip(2 tbsp/30 calories!) wrapped in a slice of light bologna. 80 calories each roll up. Cheese sticks(70 calories), slim Jim minis (40 calories!). Sugar free fudgesicle (40 calories) carbmaster chocolate milk (80 calories a cup!) , half a Luna bar 90 calories and they taste like candy bars to me. I make batches of steamed chick pea cabbage dumplings 37 cals each. Farinata 1/8 th of a 10" is 150 cals. Emerald 100 cal nut packs. An ice cold pink grapefruit. 4 tbsp of pb2
  • lenchmob
    lenchmob Posts: 49
    Dill pickle and a diet pepsi = 0 calories!!!!!!! (the dill pickle makes the soda taste sweet like reg) ..........................

I am a little confused how a dill pickle is 0 calories?
    I know it's pretty low calories, but 0? ,,,,

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-pickles-cucumber-dill-i11937
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    That is funny to me! We are a natural peanut butter household and I usually forget that there is another kind of peanut butter. If I had answered, I might have used the same language in reverse: "I hate the sugary kind. I eat the regular stuff." No judgement. Just funny how perspectives on what is regular are different!

the best peanut butter is the stuff you make yourself by pouring peanuts into a machine.... alot of grocery stores seem to offer this nowadays though ive also done it at home with a food processor.... but it depends how sturdy your food processor is....just make sure that the peanuts are roasted instead of raw.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    cottage cheese with a few almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. It's soo yummy! For something sweet I melt a few chocolate chips with peanut butter and pour it over a banana, it's delicious.
  • Fiber One oats and chocolate bar

140 calories
    Calories from fat 35
    Total fat 4g
    Saturated fat 2g
    29g Carbs
    9g Dietary Fiber
    10g Sugars
    2g Protein

Great when you have a chocolate craving or just a sweet tooth in general :)
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    brie cheese with an apple
    blue cheese with a glass of red wine
    lime and sea salt popcorn
  • I can relate..my second week and after going cold turkey on chocolate I'm free.
    For a snack I use one of my pieces of fruit...a pear is yummy. Some soaked almonds or rice cakes and a topping like tomatoes or cottage as and gherkin...you can do it:happy:
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    A mug of soup, homemade muffins, greek yogurt and berries, english muffin with peanut butter or a boiled egg, muesli bar, smoothies/milkshakes, the list goes on...
  • Ricotta cheese + coffee flavored powder

(my diary is open to the public if you'd like to take a peak)

I like ricotta cheese more than cottage cheese because I find cottage cheese to be too salty.

I like ricotta cheese more than yogurt because I can't seem to fully cover up the tangy taste in yogurt.
    Thank you, I looked at your diary and noticed the same as on mine, always a little bit over the fat and sodium.
    I was worried about it, but I guess its ok.

Keep the ideas coming! Maybe we should create a list with all snacks and pin it somewhere for easy access on the "brain dead" days! (not sure how that works though.
  • onlyjulz

I am a little confused how a dill pickle is 0 calories?
    I know it's pretty low calories, but 0? ,,,,

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-pickles-cucumber-dill-i11937

the label says it has 0 cal on my vlasic zesty dill spears but you made me question this .. I found something that said pickles do have a few cal but because they are so low the FDA allows them to say 0 cal.. a little misleading but still very low about 5-10 cal depending on the pickle :)
  • One trick with peanut butter, you can half the serving size and still enjoy the flavor. Hummus has a lot of calories too. Try eating veggies if you're having a hard time keeping your calories down and don't forget your water. Water and exercise keeps me from snacking. But some fun easy snacks: Cucumber slices, carrots, celery, any vegetable with salsa, banana + chocolate peanut butter protein + almond milk. Oatmeal with apples and cinimon. Find out what is in your diet that you can cut back so you can enjoy some snacks. I've replaced most of my milk with unsweetined almond milk, started eating egg whites instead of the whole egg, replaced most mayo with just mustard, reduced my cheese munching. Snacks can me 100 cal or less, can be of anything, to include just a few chips (5) or tbsp of ice cream :)