How Much Weight Can a Person REALLY Put On?!

So I have to admit, I went a little bit overboard this weekend. I had a free for all bingefest at a picnic this weekend.

When I left on Friday, I weighed in at a respectable 169 pounds. When I arrived home yesterday morning (on an empty stomach), I was tipping the scales at 174.4. I ate very little yesterday (as I was still full from the previous day). Even still, none of the weight has come off (if it were water retention from salt, etc)

I clearly couldn't have put on 5 pounds of fat in one weekend, could I? (that means i had to have eaten 17,500 too many. I wonder...)

I hate seeing the scale look back at me with that number :-\

Anybody have any idea what may have caused it?

Replies

• So I have to admit, I went a little bit overboard this weekend. I had a free for all bingefest at a picnic this weekend.

When I left on Friday, I weighed in at a respectable 169 pounds. When I arrived home yesterday morning (on an empty stomach), I was tipping the scales at 174.4. I ate very little yesterday (as I was still full from the previous day). Even still, none of the weight has come off (if it were water retention from salt, etc)

I clearly couldn't have put on 5 pounds of fat in one weekend, could I? (that means i had to have eaten 17,500 too many. I wonder...)

I hate seeing the scale look back at me with that number :-\

Anybody have any idea what may have caused it?
  • Was someone else on the scale with you?
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Have you had a normal bowel movement? After a binge I notice I do weigh in at a nice amount over. It can happen. Also are you drinkin all your water per day? During this binge did you drink liquor at all? When I drink liquor and not my 64oz of water, I hold onto the liquor for some odd reason.. and I need to "flush" my body.
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    I also had a binge weekend and went from 207 to 212:noway: . I think it is water weight as I do not get as much water as I should on the weekends (it's kind of hard with all the Captain and Cokes :drinker: :laugh: :embarassed: ) !
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    If I were you I would just drink water and flush your system out. It will come off real quick!! Now, you know the consequences next time you may not eat at much.:tongue:
  • I may have had some liquor this weekend :wink:

I will be studying tonight for my CPA exams, and I will just chug water while I'm studying. I want to go for a little walk tonight as well.

Keep your fingers crossed that I didn't do TOO much damage!

I stayed within my calories today, and I will be able to have a peach later after I go for my jog!

I'm back on track...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Well, if you think about it, there is about 3 days worth of food in your body at any given time. This is one cause of gas and bloating, not to be super gross but as the meat starts to decomp in your bowel it creates gas.

So, I guess the answer to your question is yes, if you binged all weekend and maybel ate less than ideal food you probably did pack on some pounds. The good news is unless you continue to eat like you were and you actually get back to your good habits quick the weight will come off almost as easily as it went on.
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    I don't think you did too much damage. The thing is you are consious about it and have already nipped it in the bud. I 2 days you'll be checking in with saying you lost the amount you gained plus another couple pounds.:smile:
  • This is just one of those two steps up, one step back deals...

I JUST HATE HOW IT GOES ON EASIER THAN IT COMES OFF!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    According to my post yesterday...At least 1237 pounds. Please tell me you didn't eat THAT much!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I had a binge weekend and gained 10lbs!! No alcohol. After about 4 days I was back down to my start weight. I wouldnt worry too much about it!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    This is just one of those two steps up, one step back deals...

I JUST HATE HOW IT GOES ON EASIER THAN IT COMES OFF!

Yeah, we al share in your pain bro. I had a binge weekend a few months ago, and put on 5 lbs in 3 "daze". But now I'm trying to take better care of myself, and log each and every thing I take in, plus the calories I burn from various activities. So... OK, you had a wee setback, enjoy the memories, realize that we're all humans, and in this together, and put your foot back on the path of making sane, rational dercisions about calories in vs out, and you'll be fine. :happy:

But speaking of all the above... I have a mens' weekend coming up in a couple of weeks, and looking for ideas on how to *avoid* the common pitfalls of eating too much, camping, loads of drinking, and lots of doing nuttin honey. All sugesstions (except not going:devil: ) are welcomed. :smile: