Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with pics!!!

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Must try
  • forgiven16
    forgiven16 Posts: 22 Member
    wait you didn't pre cook the oats right?
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Bump! :love:
  • ButterflyAngela97
    ButterflyAngela97 Posts: 97 Member
    Looks good, I am going to have to try these. I love cookie dough and I love oatmeal so I have to try these.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    wait you didn't pre cook the oats right?

No need to pre cook.
  • bump
  • cathyeld123
    cathyeld123 Posts: 1 Member
    This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing:happy:
  • banner6
    banner6 Posts: 25 Member
    yum. think i'm gonna try this one day. thanks!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Sounds great, have to pick up some applesauce!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Are these supposed to be soft? I made them tonight and they are like a soft cookie bar (and maybe that's the way they are to be).
    I don't know if I like the taste though. I used Sun Crystal for the stevia and it leaves a super sweet taste in the mouth. Maybe next time I won't add sweetener.
  • ElvenToad
    Are these supposed to be soft? I made them tonight and they are like a soft cookie bar (and maybe that's the way they are to be).
    I don't know if I like the taste though. I used Sun Crystal for the stevia and it leaves a super sweet taste in the mouth. Maybe next time I won't add sweetener.

Yes they should be soft, and moist but not fall apart when you pick them up. I don't know what Sun Crystal is but yes you could try not adding sweetener and maybe just use a tiny bit of honey instead?
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    bump for later
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Yummmmm!!!:smile:
  • Well I guess I am off to the kitchen!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Has anyone tried with chocolate PB2 yet? I just finished my third batch and I'm running out of regular one.
  • ElvenToad
    Has anyone tried with chocolate PB2 yet? I just finished my third batch and I'm running out of regular one.

*Raises hand* Me me me me!! I only use the chocolate pb2. Haven't tried regular pb2. It's a winner!
  • I just made a batch of these and I have to say... pretty darn good. A little cakier than I was expecting... I had a crisper bar in mind. I made a few variations in a second batch trying to capture the crunch I wanted, but still got a chewy bar.. but the flavor is more of a compliment to the applesauce. I halved the applesauce, and almond milk. Subbed out the peanut butter for honey, and used the splenda brown sugar blend. I also made sure to add that cinnamon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

*Raises hand* Me me me me!! I only use the chocolate pb2. Haven't tried regular pb2. It's a winner!

Awesome. I'll try that next. I need to slow down though, I've been eating a batch every other day or something. Could be worse things though :laugh:

I decreased the stevia to 6g and it's still perfect, just for the record.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member

Yes they should be soft, and moist but not fall apart when you pick them up. I don't know what Sun Crystal is but yes you could try not adding sweetener and maybe just use a tiny bit of honey instead?

Thank you, I'll give them another try!
  • ElvenToad
    I just made a batch of these and I have to say... pretty darn good. A little cakier than I was expecting... I had a crisper bar in mind. I made a few variations in a second batch trying to capture the crunch I wanted, but still got a chewy bar.. but the flavor is more of a compliment to the applesauce. I halved the applesauce, and almond milk. Subbed out the peanut butter for honey, and used the splenda brown sugar blend. I also made sure to add that cinnamon.

Yes they are soft and moist, not sure how you would make them crunchy.. maybe you could try putting one in the toaster oven right before eating it? That's awesome you played around with the recipe until you found what works best for you! I'm going to try adding in almonds next, and maybe some pecans. Honey is also a great add in, sounds good!