1 year comparison photos! See the amazing shrinking girl

Replies

• shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    i am so blushing over here - thanks everyone for your comments.

to answer some of your questions
    1) I did this under a doctor's guidance - basically went on a diet where I only ate a certain amount of food a day - I had to have routine lab work to monitor and adjust for missing nutrients - these were done in cycles of 4 months and then I took a break for a 1200 calorie diet for 3-4 weeks and then resumed the next cycle. All food was bought and cooked by me from the grocery store = no special products, no diet pills

2) for the first 4 months, the only exercise I did was work out with a trainer 2 times a week, when I took the first break from the diet, I started incorporating walking daily - now I still work out 2 times a week with a trainer and walk between 2-3 miles daily

3) I have not had any surgery/medical procedure either for the weight loss or to remove any skin -- I do have some skin but it's not hideous and I want to wait and see what happens after I have been on maintenance for a year or so. But right now, I really don't see the need for it and am leaning towards just loving my body as it is

I do want to note that old me did not cook at all - I ate a whole lot of take out and pringles and crap -- so my diet/lifestyle has totally changed from then

Old me did not care about serving sizes - a can of pringles was a serving usually eaten mindlessly at the computer with a side of dip -- today's me will stop after the 7 chips and go take a walk or drink a bottle of water etc

Vegetables were not even a thought previously (unless they were drenched in cheese) to now being probably close to 50% of my meals

So I went from eating blatantly not caring about what I was shoveling into my mouth to paying attention - MFP has been great for that although sometimes it feels like I just traded addictions :P

Hope you all are having a great day
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Your transformation is mind blowing! You don't even look like the same person. My eyes got huge when I saw your after pic LOL!!! Great job!
  • txblueangel2013
    txblueangel2013 Posts: 4 Member
    WOw. wonderful for you. congradulations. I know you feel so much better,
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Amazing!! Congratulations! You look great!
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Wowser!!! That's absolutely amazing. You just feel amazing :heart:
  • way to go.
  • krystalrfletcher
    krystalrfletcher Posts: 13 Member
    Wow!!! Great job!!! You are motivation for anyone who thinks they can't do it!
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    WOAH!
    I am so proud of you! Congratualtions!
  • Wow! you look amazing! Awesome job!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    You did THAT in a YEAR, WITHOUT WLS?!...You are my HERO!! Wow. Way to go sweetheart!! :flowerforyou:
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    :drinker:

Absolutely amazing! Congratulations and job well done on all your hard work! :smile:
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Congrats!
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Wow! I love reading these stories. Great job and you look beautiful in both pictures, healthy in the last ones!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Now that's what I'm talkin about.... FANTASTIC JOB . So happy for you
  • ChocoboJaz
    ChocoboJaz Posts: 37 Member
    I have 98lbs left to loose and wow, i mean how on earth?! You look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Wow, amazing work! What a transformation!! :flowerforyou:
  • merizzel
    merizzel Posts: 14 Member
    WOW!! No words. Two big thumbs up!!
  • LanaBerk
    LanaBerk Posts: 25 Member
    Very impressive! Can I ask how long you were with a personal trainer and what kind of workout did you do?
  • kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Wow, that's phenomenal!
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Wow! Inspiring! Great work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!