Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with pics!!!

Replies

• cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    In for the recipe!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Has anyone tried with chocolate PB2 yet? I just finished my third batch and I'm running out of regular one.

*Raises hand* Me me me me!! I only use the chocolate pb2. Haven't tried regular pb2. It's a winner!

Awesome. I'll try that next. I need to slow down though, I've been eating a batch every other day or something. Could be worse things though :laugh:

I decreased the stevia to 6g and it's still perfect, just for the record.

haha you and me both! I try to only eat one per day.. then hubs ends up eating at least 2. I'm lucky to have the 4th for breakfast the next day. I went out and bought another loaf pan today so I can start doubling up! Yes there are definitely much worse things you could be eating! I'm wondering if I can make a chocolate version of these with some unsweetened cocoa powder... :)))
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Thanks, this sounds great!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    mmmmm
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Has anyone tried with chocolate PB2 yet? I just finished my third batch and I'm running out of regular one.

*Raises hand* Me me me me!! I only use the chocolate pb2. Haven't tried regular pb2. It's a winner!

Awesome. I'll try that next. I need to slow down though, I've been eating a batch every other day or something. Could be worse things though :laugh:

I decreased the stevia to 6g and it's still perfect, just for the record.

haha you and me both! I try to only eat one per day.. then hubs ends up eating at least 2. I'm lucky to have the 4th for breakfast the next day. I went out and bought another loaf pan today so I can start doubling up! Yes there are definitely much worse things you could be eating! I'm wondering if I can make a chocolate version of these with some unsweetened cocoa powder... :)))

Oh definitely. I don't think a tbsp of cocoa powder would make a big difference in the batter.

Hmm. Maybe I'll try with the chocolate pb2.. in a few days or something.
  • AHHHHH! You people are evil! 3rd batch in the oven with the 1 tablespoon of cocoa added.... but this is the last batch.... only because I am out of oats....lol
  • Francl27
    AHHHHH! You people are evil! 3rd batch in the oven with the 1 tablespoon of cocoa added.... but this is the last batch.... only because I am out of oats....lol

I admit I went out yesterday and got applesauce and more rolled oats.

Let us know how it turns out :D
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Sounds delicious and a great go-to-snack/ breakfast on the go. Does anyone know if it freezes well?
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Bumpity bump! Can't wait to make with my kiddos ;)
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Bumpity bump bump BUMP!
  • ElvenToad
    AHHHHH! You people are evil! 3rd batch in the oven with the 1 tablespoon of cocoa added.... but this is the last batch.... only because I am out of oats....lol

*evil laugh* I just made a double batch so I am right there with you! Yes please let us know how they turn out with the cocoa :)
  • ElvenToad

I admit I went out yesterday and got applesauce and more rolled oats.

Let us know how it turns out :D

I went shopping this morning and stocked up on dark chocolate chips.. oh hard not to eat a few when you mix the ingredients!
  • ElvenToad
    Sounds delicious and a great go-to-snack/ breakfast on the go. Does anyone know if it freezes well?

I have not tried freezing them.. but I am curious too.
  • The Cocoa is the winner! I took a few and tried to use the technique that is used for biscotti to make them crunchy, but it didn't work. I did 8 minutes at 325, but it was a no go.
  • Francl27
    The Cocoa is the winner! I took a few and tried to use the technique that is used for biscotti to make them crunchy, but it didn't work. I did 8 minutes at 325, but it was a no go.

Woohoo. Excited to try that this week end.
  • mestiza91
    mestiza91 Posts: 51
    bump
  • ElvenToad
    The Cocoa is the winner! I took a few and tried to use the technique that is used for biscotti to make them crunchy, but it didn't work. I did 8 minutes at 325, but it was a no go.

Ok so maybe the trick to making them crunchy is to take out some of the moisture.. didn't you say you cut out some of the milk and applesauce already? I'm thinking honey and rice crispies cereal maybe in place of those?? The honey would make everything kind of stick together and the rice crispies would give it more crunch right?
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Bump - YUMMY!
  • lecarlis
    lecarlis Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks so much for this recipe! These will definitely become a staple. So easy to make and virtually no mess. I made mine with chocolate peanut butter whey protein powder (GNC Amp) instead of the pb2, white chocolate chips instead of dark, and sprinkled all the chips over the top instead of stirring in. Cut mine into 4 large squares. Delicious! Reminds me almost of coffee cake - perfect for breakfast. Stats for mine - per large square - 182 calories, 25 carbs, 4 fat, 14 protein, 8 sugar. YUM!
  • The Cocoa is the winner! I took a few and tried to use the technique that is used for biscotti to make them crunchy, but it didn't work. I did 8 minutes at 325, but it was a no go.

Ok so maybe the trick to making them crunchy is to take out some of the moisture.. didn't you say you cut out some of the milk and applesauce already? I'm thinking honey and rice crispies cereal maybe in place of those?? The honey would make everything kind of stick together and the rice crispies would give it more crunch right?
    That might work! Next payday, I am going to get some ingredients and do some experimenting. When I come up with a winner, I will post it for all. I love being in the kitchen!