QUESTION?????

lane112409
lane112409 Posts: 28 Member
I did HIP HOP abs on Tuesday the cardio one for 30 minutes it was very intense after I got done I had a sever headache I weigh 227 and I was used to riding my bike for 30 minutes every night. So did anyone ever get a bad headache after intense workout that lasted a couple of days? I want to keep it up I just don't want to have that really bad headache again

Replies

• justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    I often get exercise induced headaches, except mine will then turn into a full blown migraine. Tips they give for them are to make sure you warm up, be plenty hydrated, and know your trigger signs, if you feel a headache coming on, slow it down and take it easy for awhile.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Dehydration can cause me to get headaches. Drink water before, during and after your workout and see if that helps.
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Headaches with acitivity is a red flag. Please schedule an evaluation with your family doctor!
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Used to get headaches particularly after long excesses session. After some trial and error I found it was a combination of low blood sugar and dehydration. The solution for me is to make sure I am not exercising in a fasted state, to to drink plenty of water.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Dehydration can cause me to get headaches. Drink water before, during and after your workout and see if that helps.

this! did you drink plenty while hip hopping?
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    I have had some similar responses to high intensity training. Overall after pushing through these workouts I fixed it by hydrating myself better and making sure I was not training on an empty stomach. A few ritz crackers with peanut butter on them went a long way for me in this situation
  • lane112409
    lane112409 Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks to all of your reply's they are all appreciated!!!
  • lilhope72
    lilhope72 Posts: 24 Member
    I know this sounds silly, but make sure you're breathing. I was getting headaches when I worked out too, and I figured out I was holding my breath.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    I know this sounds silly, but make sure you're breathing. I was getting headaches when I worked out too, and I figured out I was holding my breath.

I hadnt even thought of this. I used to do the same thing but have since learned to stop. You wonder why in the world people on exercise videos keep reminding you to breathe but this is why. It happens. To a lot of people. Good suggestion.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    I posed this same question to my Dietician as after intense exercise, I get pressure in the back of my head that develops into migraine.

My Dietician recommended that I should eat an hour before exercise and then an hour after. It doesn't have to be a full meal but a piece of fruit or light snack is fine and so far, it is working.

Apparently this has to do with blood pressure dropping and rising sharply. I have never suffered with either high or low blood pressure and still don't, but this has been a massive eye opener!

I hope this helps you and others in the same situation :-)

Kaela x