bummed

i had lost 9 pounds. now i have gained 5 of it back. i track my food. i exercise a ton. i think that eating all my exercise calories is what's killing the weight loss. there are days where i eat over 2000 calories because of working out. i'm just bummed out.:sad: and trying to figure out what my problem is. i have cut back on carbs and added protein. i have cut back on soda. i drink (almost ) all my water. i wish i knew what i was doing wrong!:sad:

Replies

• jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    i had lost 9 pounds. now i have gained 5 of it back. i track my food. i exercise a ton. i think that eating all my exercise calories is what's killing the weight loss. there are days where i eat over 2000 calories because of working out. i'm just bummed out.:sad: and trying to figure out what my problem is. i have cut back on carbs and added protein. i have cut back on soda. i drink (almost ) all my water. i wish i knew what i was doing wrong!:sad:
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Don't let this discourage you. It happens; I am in the same boat this week. Gained by my 3 lost. I am refocusing. Looking at what I did different this week and changing those habits. Did I drink more soda? Did I eat too much sodium? I went over my calories? Things like that. :flowerforyou:
  • This must be the week of gains b/c I had the same thing happen. Lost 2 last week and gained them back this week...grrrr!! Just keep chugging along :)

Heidi
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I know how you feel!!! It is like a roller coaster, up and down, up an down...:grumble: but hang in there, don't give up!! Maybe try to analyze what types of foods you are eating even if you are staying within your calorie recommendations. I had noticed myself getting too comfortable when I had lost some weight and eating more fried foods, sweets and drinking alcohol and still staying within my limit. Those types of calories will not help in any way... You said you are drinking most of your water, you mean almost 8 cups a day? You might need to drink way more than that. Create small challenges for yourself and concentrate on those, for example, you could say for one week I will not eat any sweets at all, the following week might be red meat, etc etc. Continue to exercise of course but vary your workouts. Your body might have gotten used to the same exercise...I hope this helps in any way, but hang in there!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Don't get discouraged just yet, if you are excersing alot, then it may be muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Give it another couple of weeks. Make sure you are changing up what you eat. I am bad about getting into the habit of eating the same things and then my metabolism gets used to it.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I know it's hard but try not to let it get you down...
    I might get bashed for this, but I never ate all of my exc cals..BUT I only waked on the treadmill...
    I think everyone is different and you need to find a good balance for you...
    Could you be over-estimating cals burned?
    I would try and eat half your exc cals and see how that goes
    I initially lost weight eating about 1480 cals a day
    I increased that to 1700-1800 but was still loosing...I am not maintaining eating 2000-2300 a day (walking about 45min a day on the treadmill)
    I stopped worrying about how many cals I was burning and adding them back...I'm just trying to find a decent middle ground

Good luck
    Kim
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I know it's hard but try not to let it get you down...
    I might get bashed for this, but I never ate all of my exc cals..BUT I only waked on the treadmill...
    I think everyone is different and you need to find a good balance for you...
    Could you be over-estimating cals burned?
    I would try and eat half your exc cals and see how that goes
    I initially lost weight eating about 1480 cals a day
    I increased that to 1700-1800 but was still loosing...I am not maintaining eating 2000-2300 a day (walking about 45min a day on the treadmill)
    I stopped worrying about how many cals I was burning and adding them back...I'm just trying to find a decent middle ground

Good luck
    Kim