America Is Blessed

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Despite all the complaints and whining, the failings and struggles, we as a nation are truly blesssed. We have an abundance of food widely available at very reasonable costs. We have the freedom of choice, and the ability to define our lives through those choices. We have opportunities to pursue our dreams and so many amazing marvels and innovations available to us, including this helpful and free fitness buddy thingy.

It's up to you to make it happen. It's not about America or wherever you live. It's up to you. Now go do it.
    Grandpa, you GO!

And, you are absolutely spot on.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    The US is a great country despite our silly politicians. There are so many gorgeous places to go and things to see! It would take a couple life times to see it all. All and all, most US citizens are pretty darn nice. I am grateful I was born here. God Bless America!

As far as America goes, in a geographical sense, I MUST visit Canada! I have met the coolest,nicest Canadians more times that I can count! I am a wimp from the sunbelt with little body fat so I must visit in summer. I hear it's gorgeous in summer and a whole heck of a lot cooler than the South. I even like the Canadian flag!

I've been to South America. That didn't work out real well so pretty much I will never, ever go back unless I'm pretty much forced. At gun point. By folks that are scarier than a coked-up and corrupt foreign police force. It made the time I got lost in a crappy part of East LA look like a trip to Disneyland. (I was born/raised in LA).
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    You are not a sad grandpa, but a wise one.
    [/quote

Agree!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    And we have cars and can drive anywhere we like over thousands and thousands of miles and don't have to
    tell anyone where we are going or what we are doing= freedom. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    fR2Wg6d.jpg
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Dear SadGrandpa:

fez-that-70s-show-i-love-you.gif
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Canada = free abortions, same sex marriage for what 10 years now? , better laws to protect sex workers , weed will most likely not get you sent to rott forever in prison & food yea sure..food
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Is this thread referring to North or South America?
    It's referring to America.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    In before this gets locked to say America would be blessed if we would stop waging war in the rest of the world, stop letting our corporations mistreat workers in the rest of the world, and stop letting our wealthy put us further into debt to China for their continued profits. We have a great country, if we would just realize it and take it away from the wealthy who have hijacked it from us.
  • Jestinia
    Options
    Canada = free abortions, same sex marriage for what 10 years now? , better laws to protect sex workers , weed will most likely not get you sent to rott forever in prison & food yea sure..food

Well, that's one way of looking at Canada I suppose.

And then there's the Canada known for its politeness and courtesy. Stunning natural beauty. Two wonderful official languages, French and English. Terrific shopping in the capital cities. Charming folk music and dances. Polar bears. Gorgeous free flying birds of prey. Wicked funny comedians such as Dan Akroyd, Jim Carrey and John Candy. And so on.

I'm convinced. I'll be there shortly. I hope no one minds that I don't speak French.
  • Jestinia
    Options

Well, that's one way of looking at Canada I suppose.

And then there's the Canada known for its politeness and courtesy. Stunning natural beauty. Two wonderful official languages, French and English. Terrific shopping in the capital cities. Charming folk music and dances. Polar bears. Gorgeous free flying birds of prey. Wicked funny comedians such as Dan Akroyd, Jim Carrey and John Candy. And so on.

I'm convinced. I'll be there shortly. I hope no one minds that I don't speak French.

Nope. It's ok. They'll still answer your questions and make eye contact. And help you even :) Nice folks those Canadians.

Oh good! I was worried they'd throw me to the polar bears for mangling "je ne parle pas français."
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    America, **** yea!!!

Now, pass the freedom fries and the ammunition . . .

You know it's not a country but a whole continent, right? :-p

Are you referring to North Montana? Or Old New Mexico?

Bwhaaaa
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good one!!!!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    In for Murrica!!!
    I am grateful every day that I live in this nation. End of story.
    yhst-45748600749679_2264_53325735
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    There are good things and bad things about every country. As a Canadian on a border city, I spend a lot of time there.

I have had oh..... ZERO... bad experiences with Americans.

I don't get your politics, but hey, half the time OUR politics are messed up too.

So carry on 'murica, you're doing just fine.

Don't worry, most of us don't get our politics either :drinker:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I want to move to America, living in the UK sucks now and I've had a taste of what could be :sad:

You know where the airport is :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Just waiting for the relocation to come through ????????✈️????
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm from the US and live in Russia (yeah, go ahead and gasp). Most Russians love the idea of America, and want to visit, but really dislike Americans (of the US variety) as a whole. Why? 1 - we wage war on so many different countries 2 - we don't stay out of other peoples' business 3 - Americans are so ridiculously bigoted and ethnocentric.

The whole superiority complex is way out of hand. People can't seem to accept that other countries may have ideas and policies that are equal to or, OMG, better than :noway: what exists in the US. Go read the 'quality of life' surveys and you'll see that the US isn't at the top.

Don't get me wrong, the US is a great place, I just always struggle with the above when I'm home.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I'm from the US and live in Russia (yeah, go ahead and gasp). Most Russians love the idea of America, and want to visit, but really dislike Americans (of the US variety) as a whole. Why? 1 - we wage war on so many different countries 2 - we don't stay out of other peoples' business 3 - Americans are so ridiculously bigoted and ethnocentric.

The whole superiority complex is way out of hand. People can't seem to accept that other countries may have ideas and policies that are equal to or, OMG, better than :noway: what exists in the US. Go read the 'quality of life' surveys and you'll see that the US isn't at the top.

Don't get me wrong, the US is a great place, I just always struggle with the above when I'm home.
    [/quote

"we wage war on so many different countries " "we don't stay out of other peoples' business," . and how is Putin doing.....? -
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

"we wage war on so many different countries " "we don't stay out of other peoples' business," . and how is Putin doing.....? -

Heh, I was expecting that. That's an extremely complicated situation because they genuinely believe Crimea is theirs, so to them it's not an invasion (and most of my friends - and students - are seriously pissed that the US has gotten involved). I stay far away from it because I hate politics with a burning passion. I was simply providing the view of some of the Russian people THAT I KNOW (as in friends, colleagues, and my students) toward the US as a reason for people disliking us.

As a sidenote, I've heard these comments from many people in many different countries, so while my current experience is with the Russians, these views are not, by any stretch, limited to just them.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I want to move to America, living in the UK sucks now and I've had a taste of what could be :sad:

You know where the airport is :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Just waiting for the relocation to come through ????????✈️????

excellent. i do hope you are never sick or unemployed.....

eta: and if your kids want a tertiary education..... well i hope you've started saving already.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Heh, I was expecting that. That's an extremely complicated situation because they genuinely believe Crimea is theirs, so to them it's not an invasion (and most of my friends - and students - are seriously pissed that the US has gotten involved). I stay far away from it because I hate politics with a burning passion. I was simply providing the view of the Russian people toward the US as a reason for people disliking us.

As a sidenote, I've heard these comments from many people in many different countries, so while my current experience is with the Russians, these views are not, by any stretch, limited to just them.

LOL. Yea, opinions differ, and it's not just based on country but on individuals in those countries. I love listening to slightly traveled people discuss "national" opinions . . . the singular, national opinion of an entire people . . .