headaches!

Hi all,
I started 4 days ago but ever since I've had constant headaches is this normal? It can't be dehydration as I'm making sure I have at least 2 litres of water alone a day?
Any advice would be much appreciate!

Replies

• Hi ive recently started the slim fast diet replacing two meals with two shakes and one healthy evening meal. I'm not sure what type of diet you are on but from the diet I'm on I had the same happen to me also. The first two or three day I had constant headaches because my body wasn't used to so little calories i felt quite run down. After the initial first few days i had never felt better with so much energy and wide eyed which I haven't felt in a long time! my advise to you would beif you feel a headache coming along, snack on something light but filling. I found that granary toast did the trick with a small amount of butter or if your out and about a low fat yogurt which filled me nicely for a couple of hour. Also peppermint tea is awesome for any type of pain/ headache and its very refreshing. Hope this helps x
  • Korrinn87
    Korrinn87 Posts: 9 Member
    Did you start cutting out soda? If you cut back on any soda or coffee or anything with caffeine, you could be going through caffeine withdraw.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    i get headaches when consume less than usual quantities of : water/caffeine/chocolate/sugar
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    If you've really cut your calories, it could be from that. I get headaches when I eat too little. Eating frequently can help with a small smart snack between each meal.
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    where do u live i been getting headaches also the pollen and my allergies are really bad. I live in ny
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Could be more than one thing. Are you sure that they are connected with your diet and not related to stress, change in sleep schedule or any other change/conditions that started at the same time as your diet change?

Caffeine withdrawl could definitely be a cause for it.

The change in diet could be the cause as well, depending on how drastic of a change in your eating habits.
    Is there a food you started eating in correlation with the start of your diet that you normally don't eat or has caused headaches in the past?
    Are you getting enough protein, veggies, etc.?
    Do you have a regular eating schedule that has changed in the last few days? I have to eat first thing in the morning and eat small meals throughout the day or I will get headaches.

Hope you can find the cause and get the headaches under control! :flowerforyou:

Edited for spelling...
  • Hi ive recently started the slim fast diet replacing two meals with two shakes and one healthy evening meal. I'm not sure what type of diet you are on but from the diet I'm on I had the same happen to me also. The first two or three day I had constant headaches because my body wasn't used to so little calories i felt quite run down. After the initial first few days i had never felt better with so much energy and wide eyed which I haven't felt in a long time! my advise to you would beif you feel a headache coming along, snack on something light but filling. I found that granary toast did the trick with a small amount of butter or if your out and about a low fat yogurt which filled me nicely for a couple of hour. Also peppermint tea is awesome for any type of pain/ headache and its very refreshing. Hope this helps x
    Thanks for your advice I'll persevere and
    hope they calm down its probably the shock of low cals, I'll try the peppermint tea for sure! X
  • Could be more than one thing. Are you sure that they are connected with your diet and not related to stress, change in sleep schedule or any other change/conditions that started at the same time as your diet change?

Caffeine withdrawl could definitely be a cause for it.

The change in diet could be the cause as well, depending on how drastic of a change in your eating habits.
    Is there a food you started eating in correlation with the start of your diet that you normally don't eat or has caused headaches in the past?
    Are you getting enough protein, veggies, etc.?
    Do you have a regular eating schedule that has changed in the last few days? I have to eat first thing in the morning and eat small meals throughout the day or I will get headaches.

Hope you can find the cause and get the headaches under control! :flowerforyou:

Edited for spelling...
    Hi I guess it could be sleep/ stress related also but just seems coincidence that it's been every day since starting. I don't eat regular times as work doesn't allow me to do that and can go 6 hours before having something. I used to be a big diet coke fan but weaned myself off that a while ago. I'll see how it goes and try adding more veggies in, thanks for your help x
  • where do u live i been getting headaches also the pollen and my allergies are really bad. I live in ny
    I live in the UK x
  • Thanks everyone for your help x