Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with pics!!!

Replies

• NadineHolmes
    NadineHolmes Posts: 35 Member
    Tried this out this afternoon, instead of peanut butter put tbsp on golden syrup, higher cals but has a chewer texture. Might to it again but with less syrup this time. Very easy to do, got my 2 year old to do most of the work!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Thanks so much for this recipe! These will definitely become a staple. So easy to make and virtually no mess. I made mine with chocolate peanut butter whey protein powder (GNC Amp) instead of the pb2, white chocolate chips instead of dark, and sprinkled all the chips over the top instead of stirring in. Cut mine into 4 large squares. Delicious! Reminds me almost of coffee cake - perfect for breakfast. Stats for mine - per large square - 182 calories, 25 carbs, 4 fat, 14 protein, 8 sugar. YUM!

You're very welcome, so glad you like them! I agree perfect for breakfast. White chocolate chips sound divine, I'm going to have to try that :) Those stats are awesome too!
  • ElvenToad
    The Cocoa is the winner! I took a few and tried to use the technique that is used for biscotti to make them crunchy, but it didn't work. I did 8 minutes at 325, but it was a no go.

Ok so maybe the trick to making them crunchy is to take out some of the moisture.. didn't you say you cut out some of the milk and applesauce already? I'm thinking honey and rice crispies cereal maybe in place of those?? The honey would make everything kind of stick together and the rice crispies would give it more crunch right?
    That might work! Next payday, I am going to get some ingredients and do some experimenting. When I come up with a winner, I will post it for all. I love being in the kitchen!

Awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with!
  • ElvenToad
    Tried this out this afternoon, instead of peanut butter put tbsp on golden syrup, higher cals but has a chewer texture. Might to it again but with less syrup this time. Very easy to do, got my 2 year old to do most of the work!

Sounds good either way! I'd imagine by using syrup you don't need the sweetener either. Now getting your 2 yr old to do all the work is a double win!!
  • willowdragonfly
    willowdragonfly Posts: 64 Member
    Sounds Delicious,Thanks for posting =)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Might as well double the recipe for 8 bars to cut & freeze.What size pan to use ? Another thought,might try the flavored apple sauce,if I can find it unsweetened.Maybe yogurt would work in place of app sauce? Lots of ideas,thanks for posting.
  • ElvenToad
    Might as well double the recipe for 8 bars to cut & freeze.What size pan to use ? Another thought,might try the flavored apple sauce,if I can find it unsweetened.Maybe yogurt would work in place of app sauce? Lots of ideas,thanks for posting.

I use a standard size bread loaf pan. I doubled the recipe and made a second pan because I was making a batch every other day lol. Yogurt is a great idea! You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the recipe :)
  • I made 2 batches last night... and obviously even though the ingredients were written out nicely I still screwed them up.

First batch I used the last of the package of milk chocolate chips and put dried blueberries in them. Not having any stevia in the house, I thought I would use 2 tablespoons of DaVinici sugar-free Amaretto syrup for sweetener. Well, adding in that extra liquid required me to add in another 1/2 cup of oats. Ok, I was fine with that.

Second batch was dried blueberries and sweetened with 2 tablespoons of DaVinici SF Lemon syrup, needing the extra oats.

Used this perfect brownie-bites pan I have... and each batch filled 10 spaces nicely. Cooked perfectly.

I realized when I came back to the recipe... I realize I had forgotten the PB2 or peanut butter!!! No wonder it was so liquidly, ugh! So now I have these wonderful little 'carb' bites. At least my son will eat them!

The ones with the SF amaretto syrup turned out nicely with a bit of amaretto flavor, yum! The second batch did not get any of the lemon flavoring at all. or I need to experiment on adding more next time.

I will make them again... using the PB2 and dark chocolate chips/white chocolate chips. I also have some SF peanut butter syrup I can use for sweetening to see how that will work.

Its a nice base to play with, thanks!!
  • ElvenToad
    I made 2 batches last night... and obviously even though the ingredients were written out nicely I still screwed them up.

First batch I used the last of the package of milk chocolate chips and put dried blueberries in them. Not having any stevia in the house, I thought I would use 2 tablespoons of DaVinici sugar-free Amaretto syrup for sweetener. Well, adding in that extra liquid required me to add in another 1/2 cup of oats. Ok, I was fine with that.

Second batch was dried blueberries and sweetened with 2 tablespoons of DaVinici SF Lemon syrup, needing the extra oats.

Used this perfect brownie-bites pan I have... and each batch filled 10 spaces nicely. Cooked perfectly.

I realized when I came back to the recipe... I realize I had forgotten the PB2 or peanut butter!!! No wonder it was so liquidly, ugh! So now I have these wonderful little 'carb' bites. At least my son will eat them!

The ones with the SF amaretto syrup turned out nicely with a bit of amaretto flavor, yum! The second batch did not get any of the lemon flavoring at all. or I need to experiment on adding more next time.

I will make them again... using the PB2 and dark chocolate chips/white chocolate chips. I also have some SF peanut butter syrup I can use for sweetening to see how that will work.

Its a nice base to play with, thanks!!

So glad you liked at least some of them :) I like your bite size pan idea. Flavored syrups are a great way to play around with the flavors too. Maybe try adding less milk and applesauce if you are adding a liquid sweetener? I have been playing around with the recipe too. Tomorrow I'm going to try white chocolate chips instead of dark, and adding in almonds and rice crispies cereal. Yum! Makes me want to go eat one right now :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    I made this today and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not usually a baked oatmeal kind of girl..I like my overnight cold oats. But this was so good that I actually ate the whole batch fresh out of the oven. Thanks for the recipe!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I actually like this much better than regular oatmeal, lol. I made a batch with chocolate PB2 and some cocoa powder. It's actually really similar in taste, I'm guessing I'd have to put way more chocolate for it to be really different.

Finishing it for breakfast tomorrow then I think I'll take a break for a bit before I get sick of it, lol. I really think it would be better with sugar though, but I don't want the extra calories, so stevia it is...
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Can't wait to try!
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Brilliant, thank you!
  • MARTIC0058
    MARTIC0058 Posts: 42 Member
    Thanks! Bump
  • ElvenToad
    I made this today and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not usually a baked oatmeal kind of girl..I like my overnight cold oats. But this was so good that I actually ate the whole batch fresh out of the oven. Thanks for the recipe!!!

So glad you enjoyed them!! I'm not big on Oatmeal at all so this is an amazing and tasty way to eat it for me :)
  • ElvenToad
    I actually like this much better than regular oatmeal, lol. I made a batch with chocolate PB2 and some cocoa powder. It's actually really similar in taste, I'm guessing I'd have to put way more chocolate for it to be really different.

Finishing it for breakfast tomorrow then I think I'll take a break for a bit before I get sick of it, lol. I really think it would be better with sugar though, but I don't want the extra calories, so stevia it is...

Me too! Not big on oatmeal but I can eat it like this everyday. Hmm yes I'm not sure how to make it more chocolatey... maybe mixing a little bit of water with the cocoa powder would give it a chocolate sauce kind of consistency and then adding it to the mixing bowl? Look at this recipe, I mean there has got to be a way!

http://pinchofyum.com/double-chocolate-oatmeal
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    You'd just have to add a whole lot more of cocoa powder than one tablespoon I think.

I'm not trying anytime soon though... As much as I like these, they just don't satisfy me enough for the calories I think. I have two for breakfast and I'm starving 2 hours later... but that's what oatmeal does to me I guess.
  • ElvenToad
    You'd just have to add a whole lot more of cocoa powder than one tablespoon I think.

I'm not trying anytime soon though... As much as I like these, they just don't satisfy me enough for the calories I think. I have two for breakfast and I'm starving 2 hours later... but that's what oatmeal does to me I guess.

Better to give them a break for sure then to get sick of them :)
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    bump
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    BUMP! Now I have can use up the rest of my oatmeal!