New member check in...

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Hey everyone! I'm Erica, and live in Calvert County MD, but work in DC (Bolling AFB for now). I posted a thread looking for Marylanders, and someone pointed me to this group (THANKS!) I've been on here for a while, but can feel myself wanting to 'jump ship', so thought I'd reach out for local motivation. :D You guys are awesome - keep up the excellent work!
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    I'm new! (well, new to the group!)

I currently live in PG county, but born and raised in DC (waaaaaay to expensive to live there now!)
  • noiseyMD
    noiseyMD Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone. My name is Ashley. I moved to the DMV area a few months ago from South Carolina. I live in Alexandria, Va

I would love to meet people in the area and swap weight loss tips.

Feel free to add me.

If you want to know more about me you can read my blog as well.
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Hey everyone Im Kim I live just outside of Annapolis. I lost 46 pounds in 2011 using MFP but after going through a divorce and having to travel alot along with living with some friends where I didnt get much of a chance to cook ive gained some of the weight back so im starting again now that my situations improved.
  • blp2
    blp2 Posts: 12
    Welcome to all the new folks :)
  • sassypoppet
    sassypoppet Posts: 23 Member
    Hi all - I live in the Annapolis area, and work in Rosslyn/Arlington off of Key and Wilson.

Would love to have some local folks who are active here at least for some good swift kicks to the patooky, and overall positive motivation.

Do please add if you're up for it!!

keep it up!!
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Hi all. I'm living in Reston and am a public school teacher in PG county. I can use all of the support I can get since I am embarking on a long weight loss journey. Down 5lbs, and another 85 or so to go. Feel free to add me!
  • PALLLC
    PALLLC Posts: 2 Member
    Hi All- I live in the Woodbridge/Dale City, VA area. I'm a business owner and dedicated father of an awesome 4 y/o.

My best friend is my gym partner but having as much support as possible is ideal. I've been able to accomplish almost everything that I've put my mind/dedication too, so while my goals may be lofty, I'll get it done.

Since 1/3/14, I'm down 14 pounds and the number will keep going up.

Adds are always cool...
  • marc_dc
    marc_dc Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, all. I'm Marc and I live in Capitol Hill in DC. I'm new to MFP and could use some friends. Please feel free to add me!
  • abichell228
    abichell228 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello...I'm Andrea and I live in Baltimore. Used MFP in the past, but this is a new profile for a fresh start. I didn't make many connections in the past....I'm hoping to now make new friends for chat, exercise and support. Please add me if you're in the Baltimore area. I look forward to sharing my journey with you.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Hi, I'm Jeanne, I live in Arlington and am often running the trails here. Would love to know some nearby MFPers.
  • toodabarn
    toodabarn Posts: 3 Member
    Hello
    New member to this group (MFP DMV), checking in. Anyone near Annapolis looking for a workout buddy or someone do active things with?
  • DChabibi
    DChabibi Posts: 21 Member
    Hi there,

I'm glad I found the group today. I live in Rockville, but work in Reston (hmmm so I think everyone who lives in the area just gasped. Why? You read 'Rockville... Reston' and immediately understood my commute from hell):laugh: . Anyways, I'm making a commitment to start actively tracking my meals. I've found I've gotten much success this way instead of guessing what I had for the day. Please feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated. My diary is open to friends and I don't mind suggestions. I also like trying fitness classes so I would love to hear some suggestions or even try one with you.

Looking forward to working hard since warm weather will be here before we know it!
  • vcuchick
    vcuchick Posts: 29 Member
    Hi! Good Morning! *waves* Living & working in Fairfax here. :) 34 yrs old, 41 lbs lost, 60 to go! Then I'll be lean & mean...ha, well, maybe not mean. :D Just found you all today. Anyone belong to "Everybody Fitness" in Fairfax that could join me as a workout partner? I work in physical therapy so my coworkers and my patients are my incentive to get healthy! Nice you meet you all!
  • Robbycu
    Robbycu Posts: 10 Member
    Hello, I'm trying to get back in to swing of things. 34 years old kind a yo-yo weight. Live in DC Cap hill/H street area could use workout buddies or folks to commiserate about hating exercising while actually exercising.
  • I just wanted to say welcome to everyone new! Hopefully we can get a more active community!
  • PYTNomee
    PYTNomee Posts: 6
    Hi! Im Jessie, 21, from DC & I have always had weight problems my whole life but it got really bad in college. I had lost a bunch of weight my second year but gradually gained it all back PLUS extra by my senior year (which i'm in now) My ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds but I KEEP losing focus and reverting to old habits and ways :( Today marks the 3rd day of my fitness REVAMP! & I really wanna stick to it!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Welcome to the group!
    Hi! Im Jessie, 21, from DC & I have always had weight problems my whole life but it got really bad in college. I had lost a bunch of weight my second year but gradually gained it all back PLUS extra by my senior year (which i'm in now) My ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds but I KEEP losing focus and reverting to old habits and ways :( Today marks the 3rd day of my fitness REVAMP! & I really wanna stick to it!
  • jhargrove1
    jhargrove1 Posts: 8
    Hi my name is Jamie and I live in Arlington,VA . I have been hiking the trails and running/biking the Ballston/Clarendon areas. I am training for my first 5K run or dye in DC at the end of the month. I am working on running before work in DC. I look forward to getting to know you all as we strive for our goals.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Hi my name is Jamie and I live in Arlington,VA . I have been hiking the trails and running/biking the Ballston/Clarendon areas. I am training for my first 5K run or dye in DC at the end of the month. I am working on running before work in DC. I look forward to getting to know you all as we strive for our goals.

Hi Jamie, welcome to the group.