Long Hair... Don't care

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

Clearly, my post was meant to be taken 100 percent literally, so well done JoRocka. You have completely ignored the fact that even as a man, I might just possess a sense of humor and maybe a tad of sarcasm. Yes, I prefer long hair. Yes, I like sammiches. But I also like women with brains, personalities and the ability to remove giant chips from their shoulders.

I understood that it was sarcastic.

And I get that I get really confused when I'm out side the kitchen (which I am currently- so my mental faculties are greatly reduced- I'm also not pregnant so I know that's a mark against my reasoning skills too)...

but the point still needed addressing- I wasn't personally attacking- and I'm also not in a kerfuffle about it- I was merely addressing the words you said... I am not irritated by it- simple matter of fact.

I could get irritated - and it would have come out significantly differently- so I can go that route now if you like- but I was happy to just be matter of fact about it - you're call.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    long and straight...just like my typical tee shot on holes with doglegs...
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Do whatever makes you feel the best about yourself!!!! I always had long hair for the same reasons as you....which is hilarious because I thought I was alone with that thinking....lol I recently chopped it off and LOVE it!!! Remember, it's just hair so if you hate it short, it can grow back. :)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    My hair is almost to my butt and I have no intention to cut it.

Gives the hubs something to hold on to! :bigsmile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

I don't get it.

Can you explain? Slowly? And in great detail?
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    I did and I love it. Nothing crazy short... was just about the top of my shoulders when I cut it. I'm all about lower maintenance these days. So much easier to deal with now that it's chopped and much more comfortable with the warmer weather.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member

Clearly, my post was meant to be taken 100 percent literally, so well done JoRocka. You have completely ignored the fact that even as a man, I might just possess a sense of humor and maybe a tad of sarcasm. Yes, I prefer long hair. Yes, I like sammiches. But I also like women with brains, personalities and the ability to remove giant chips from their shoulders.

Did you?
    And I get that I get really confused when I'm out side the kitchen (which I am currently- so my mental faculties are greatly reduced- I'm also not pregnant so I know that's a mark against my reasoning skills too)...

As opposed to the fact that I JUST said I actually like women with brains....

but the point still needed addressing- I wasn't personally attacking- and I'm also not in a kerfuffle about it- I was merely addressing the words you said... I am not irritated by it- simple matter of fact.

Clearly.
    I could get irritated - and it would have come out significantly differently- so I can go that route now if you like- but I was happy to just be matter of fact about it - you're call.

*your

Please get irritated now. I would love to see the difference.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member

I don't get it.

Can you explain? Slowly? And in great detail?

doglegs curve,so when you hit it long and straight on them, you blow your shot through the dogleg and into trouble, even though it was a "good" swing...

Like for instance, a lot of pro golfers end up in the pine straw off the tee on 13 at Augusta National when they don't move their balls from right to left enough (which is usually easier for a right handed golfer, but Bubba, who won this year, fades the ball for his preferred shot).
  • Guinness80
    Guinness80 Posts: 39 Member
    No choice.

This gave me a great afternoon laugh!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

i think your problem is in your hips.

its-all-in-the-hips.gif
  • kadsmaller
    kadsmaller Posts: 85 Member
    A new "do" will most likely do you good. Whether it is short or just a bit off. A hairstyle change up is always liberating. Please try it and post photos. Only let someone you consulted with about your hair type and face shape do the cutting.
  • JoRocka

Did you?

Clearly.

*your

now whose missing the sarcasm....

There would be a significantly larger number of ** marks- plus I'm up to 2 marks already. LOL- no thanks- plus now you're (yes YOU ARE) just baiting me.
  • 1PatientBear

Did you?

Clearly.

*your

There would be a significantly larger number of ** marks- plus I'm up to 2 marks already. LOL- no thanks- plus now you're (yes YOU ARE) just baiting me.

*who's
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member

Did you?

Clearly.

*your

*who's

Bahahahaha!
    Ahem.
    Carry on.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    I went for a completely new style, I went dark from being blonde and also got a nice solid fringe/bangs cut it, I wanted to look diffterent in the mirror, even though I know I'd lost weight I was having trouble seeing it so I felt a change of hair was in order.
  • JoRocka

*who's

congrats- you beat me at grammar today. I'll make sure I have a red pen for next time for you.

All of which had about zero to do with the topic at hand. Good job. You get an extra cookie today for that.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Me before with shoulder length hair:

4a257e75-e7a0-4134-a7e8-7a0d369f0d4b_zpsdabd4408.jpg

Me now with pixie cut (super short):

51896525-f224-4db7-8b8f-93cd6dd7a65d_zps354588c2.jpg

I love my short hair!

This looks FABULOUS on you!
  • 1PatientBear

*who's

congrats- you beat me at grammar today. I'll make sure I have a red pen for next time for you.

All of which had about zero to do with the topic at hand. Good job. You get an extra cookie today for that.

Excellent. Can you let me know what brand of cookie? I need to log it.
  • Geoj0
    Geoj0 Posts: 145 Member
    I wouldn't advise anyone who has had long hair for a number of years to have it cropped short, one extreme to another can be traumatic nd may cause problems with your confidence. Have a style cut into it below shoulder length , then if you still want to go shorter ..go for it!

At least it will grow back if you don't like it.