30 Something Looking to Lose 50+ ADD ME!!

Hi all, I am looking to add some pals to my fitness world and newsfeed. :)

I have been putting off being healthy for far too long. I am a happy person and love life, truly.
I am needing to love it in a healthier version of me so I can continue to enjoy it.

So, here we go!

Replies

• mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Hey there! I just read your profile and wow we have such similar goals! It's awesome to find someone at a similar weight and simlar goal range, we can do this :smile: I will definitely send you a friend request :D Giving and receiving encouragement is so helpful on here. I know it totally makes me accountable :happy:
  • Hi there. I'm new here too, and looking to lose about 100 lbs. Good luck!
  • prplebth
    prplebth Posts: 4
    Hi,

Just found your post and seems like we have the same goals. Looking to loose weight and I agree with the plus size thing.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    I change my shirt at least 3 times every morning! I lost about 20lbs last yr and of course, got lazy and gained it all back. Will send friend request
  • iwtfytj
    iwtfytj Posts: 41 Member
    Hi! I will add you! :) I'm 30, 5'3, started at 196 lbs and I'm down 43 lbs. so far, still have some more to lose. You can do it!! :)
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    I have similar goals to you, though my goal weight is a little higher (for now). Sending you a friend request :)
  • awesome_paws
    awesome_paws Posts: 17 Member
    I have similar goals, I will send you a request...looking to motivate and have motivating friends!
  • Hi

Sounds exactly the same as me I love life but want to enjoy it for longer and not kill myself with poor health and bad diet!!
  • Exactly, we need to better our health and drop some unwanted pounds in the process. Thank you everyone for adding me. I am excited to have the extra support.
  • HELLO EVERYONE I AM A 31 YEAR OLD MOTHER OF A 2 YEAR OLD LITTLE BNOY. I INITIALLY WEIGHED 249 WHEN STARTING ON THE 4/17/14 AN I HAVE NOT WEIGHED MY SELF AGAIN TO SEE IF PROGREE HAS BEEN MADE. ANY TIPS FROM YOU THAT MAY BE ABLE TO HELP REDUCE THE POUND?:smooched:
  • Hi kseals,

I am learning that there is no magic formula. I think it comes down to really wanting it and dedicating your efforts to

1. Log your food
    EVERYTHING and make healthier choices as often as possible.

I am aiming to break one or two bad food habits a week. Like this week I am putting one less spoon full of creamer in my coffee and I am making egg whites on my taco and removing the sausage patty. That alone has cut 100 calories a day from my routine.

Next week I will work on adding more veggies to my dinner plate. Stuff like that.

2. MOVE! Walk, run in place, squat, clean the house just because you want to move more. :bigsmile:

3. Believe in yourself. I tell myself every morning. I am WORTH IT!

Also, we are afraid of failure or not seeing the results over night and we all must work on that. It is okay if we have a slip up, but we have to continue to step on that scale, measure our progress and keep going! GOOD LUCK, you can do this!